Anyone around from the Old Days?

IUAlpert

Oh, Yes, Vox Populi! 

That one was an interesting alliance... They were like a guerrilla alliance with zero chances to win a war, so they made a propaganda war. That was interesting. 

FAN was simply an alliance on NPO's ZI list... but they didn't do something "new" as Vox Populi! did. 

That was the peak of the game for me. 

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/8/2017 at 1:36 PM, zoskia said:

Oh, Yes, Vox Populi! 

That one was an interesting alliance... They were like a guerrilla alliance with zero chances to win a war, so they made a propaganda war. That was interesting. 

FAN was simply an alliance on NPO's ZI list... but they didn't do something "new" as Vox Populi! did. 

That was the peak of the game for me. 

You're welcome.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

46 minutes ago, Rebel Virginia said:

You're welcome.

Well, you are one of the persons who shaped the game... The others are:
Ivan, Moo, Electron Sponge, Grub.

I may be forgetting someone, but this small group definitely shaped the game.

It is sad to see its decline (I mean in the amount of players... then again, it's alive since some 11 years ago, so it is almost a miracle that it still exists).

On 10/6/2017 at 6:23 PM, flpwch said:

Fought against the Viridian Entente in GW2 as part of my time in the NAAC. 

Brief stunt in the OBR, boring people.

Spent most of my prolific time in \m/. Started in 2007. Hit ZI a couple times, also led GOONS over in LW (remember that game???). 

Remembering these moments: telling NpO/Almight Grub we weren't honoring the protection agreement after the new GOONS (Sardonic's GOONS) was formed. LoSS on the pink team. Merging WAPA into \m/. The continued destruction of FARK. Hosting the original treaty web. 

Hi, flp

I too, was around at the start of CN. Under a different name now, but back in the day I was a very high ranking member in NPO, as well as GATO prior to that. Participated in the Great Wars, one on each side, and was responsible for a lot of major political decisions at the time. 

Can't help but remember the MDP webs from back in the day and how they were once very informed and to the point, and then CN got alliance happy and they were complete and utter chaos. 

Anyways, just rejoined CN to see if it was still around and live the nostalgia. It's interesting restarting a nation after about ten years; some things are still ingrained in my head and it feels like I never took a moment off. It's also been strange to not be a part of the alliance politics as I once was--it was my favorite part of the game. 

Nice to be back. 

EDIT: I also wanted to mention that when I was playing in CN's peak, I was a middle schooler and early high schooler. This game taught me so much about politics, formal writing, and communication that I felt the need to commend it for that. I can't believe that I was writing amendments to constitutions and declarations at such a young age. I also learned so much about Photoshop and digital media from making forum signatures, avatars, ribbons, medals, flags, etc. I spent so much time on this when I was younger. It's crazy looking back as an adult now. 

Edited by Kodei IV
Addition

I was around in some really old days and helped build the Citadel.  I mostly retired and just came back to see what the heck is going on now that I'm neck deep in my former allies, Umbrella.

Glad to see some familiar faces in this thread.

On 11/15/2017 at 1:13 PM, lamuella said:

not much.  You?

Just avoiding working and negotiating a honda accord for my wife. 

On 11/18/2017 at 7:27 AM, Tygaland said:

I have been around CN since 2006. Did some things along the way, not so much these days.

Tygaland: BAD AT CN SINCE 07

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:27 PM, Ardus said:

Y'all have too many treaties that have lasted too long for no reason.  Cancel a couple and then start a conflagration.

Also lol this is still here

Wait, are you saying that people should actually change their FA strategy to something beyond stagnation? Crazy thought.

27 minutes ago, Mogar said:

Wait, are you saying that people should actually change their FA strategy to something beyond stagnation? Crazy thought.

Why would we ever do that? The Neutrals have always said that nation building is of the highest importance. Aren't we doing that by maintaining a nice, civil, competitive order?

32 minutes ago, Tygaland said:

At least in your opinion I wasn't bad at CN for the first 6 months.

LOL... you were good when you were active!!!

Hahaha... I remembered when you became the emperor of the NpO for just a few hours during a crisis. 

2 hours ago, zoskia said:

LOL... you were good when you were active!!!

Hahaha... I remembered when you became the emperor of the NpO for just a few hours during a crisis. 

Yes, the great log dump of Sponge's "OOC attack" on Moo that gave the NPO the green light to attack the NpO. Something they and their allies were planning on doing anyway whether this log dump occurred or not. Sponge went AWOL and Random asked me to assist in a semi-legal passing of the crown from Sponge via himself to me to appease the NPO. Unsurprisingly the NPO were not enthused by my appointment so I then appointed Grub as my successor.

In all honesty, it was probably my one regret in the game. In hindsight we should have raised the middle finger at the NPO rather than trying to appease them and left Sponge as Emperor, even in absence. NPO and friends were going to roll Polar regardless of who was Emperor and it would have been far more dignifying to go down with middle finger raised than what actually happened.

3 hours ago, Tygaland said:

Yes, the great log dump of Sponge's "OOC attack" on Moo that gave the NPO the green light to attack the NpO. Something they and their allies were planning on doing anyway whether this log dump occurred or not. Sponge went AWOL and Random asked me to assist in a semi-legal passing of the crown from Sponge via himself to me to appease the NPO. Unsurprisingly the NPO were not enthused by my appointment so I then appointed Grub as my successor.

In all honesty, it was probably my one regret in the game. In hindsight we should have raised the middle finger at the NPO rather than trying to appease them and left Sponge as Emperor, even in absence. NPO and friends were going to roll Polar regardless of who was Emperor and it would have been far more dignifying to go down with middle finger raised than what actually happened.

Sponge was an odd cookie but grub was easily the polar downfall. In any case, life was best when Ivan led big P, and by extension, their blue team brothers.

Life is best under Lord of Darkness. The Order has never been more unified, mobilized, or had a clearer vision in all my years here. We've had some good emperors before and since Ivan, but I am really fond of our current leadership. But I have to give his predecessors credit. Everything was a brick in the wall until now. He stands on their successes.

10 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Life is best under Lord of Darkness. The Order has never been more unified, mobilized, or had a clearer vision in all my years here. We've had some good emperors before and since Ivan, but I am really fond of our current leadership. But I have to give his predecessors credit. Everything was a brick in the wall until now. He stands on their successes.

Mobilized? Does rolling Old Guard for exactly one week count as mobilization? Clearer Vision? To do what? Collect stats?

The NPO (along with every alliance, including my own) has never been more inactive and lethargic. No alliance in this game has a goal or purpose except to ensure no one gets in the way of a small few in the upper tier building online monuments to their arrogance. The biggest bloc in the game somehow managed to let an entire neutral alliance go into peace mode. The days of even in name only political stimulation are gone from the game.

On 11/14/2017 at 11:17 PM, zoskia said:

Well, you are one of the persons who shaped the game... The others are:
Ivan, Moo, Electron Sponge, Grub.

I may be forgetting someone, but this small group definitely shaped the game.

It is sad to see its decline (I mean in the amount of players... then again, it's alive since some 11 years ago, so it is almost a miracle that it still exists).

sup