Anyone around from the Old Days?

IUAlpert

I created an account just to reply.

Played this game WAY back when I was a 12 years old ( 2006 ish. I think before that. ). It changed my perspective on politics, organization, running a company, writing better English ( I was born and raised in Lebanon ). I met some people I still know to this day as real life friends, and would love to catch up with old folks.

I had first started an alliance called ALMEA that was attacked by everyone else because "The Pansy" was pissed. I later was put on some kind of hit list and would make secret names and join alliances. My main roles were usually finance-related and was pretty successful in organizing massive alliance's tech deals, trade circles, etc....

I later moved on to join Valhalla, where I met a ton of amazing people. I then went on to found a few alliances with my friends Keshav and Casshern. TIO is one I remember. 

This game changed my life.

It's great seeing a lot of familiar faces are still around. :)

Edited by Raydin

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Raydin said:

I created an account just to reply.

Played this game WAY back when I was a 12 years old ( 2006 ish. I think before that. ). It changed my perspective on politics, organization, running a company, writing better English ( I was born and raised in Lebanon ). I met some people I still know to this day as real life friends, and would love to catch up with old folks.

I had first started an alliance called ALMEA that was attacked by everyone else because "The Pansy" was pissed. I later was put on some kind of hit list and would make secret names and join alliances. My main roles were usually finance-related and was pretty successful in organizing massive alliance's tech deals, trade circles, etc....

I later moved on to join Valhalla, where I met a ton of amazing people. I then went on to found a few alliances with my friends Keshav and Casshern. TIO is one I remember. 

This game changed my life.

It's great seeing a lot of familiar faces are still around. :)

Sup old friend :P I agree The Pansy is one very traumatising fellow! 

Also Middle - 07 here. My first nation got rolled by E_S. Attacked for "stealing guides" when that was a thing lol http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Commonwealth_of_International_Nations 

Came back in Feb 08, been on and off here since then. Mostly in Valhalla and DT. 

Also "The Pansy" says hello @Raydin

Edited by Sir Keshav IV

2 hours ago, Sir Keshav IV said:

Sup old friend :P I agree The Pansy is one very traumatising fellow! 

Also Middle - 07 here. My first nation got rolled by E_S. Attacked for "stealing guides" when that was a thing lol http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Commonwealth_of_International_Nations 

Came back in Feb 08, been on and off here since then. Mostly in Valhalla and DT. 

Also "The Pansy" says hello @Raydin

No need to "@" someone when quoting them, they get the same notification either way. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Man this was a nice thread to read... Some really old folks here.

Joined NPO at the beginning of 2007, bought nukes when on top 5% (not a noob :P), sticked around until 2010 or so and then went inactive...

I came back recently, 6 years later, out of curiosity. Still miss the good old days though.

• 3 weeks later...

June 2006 was when I created my first nation, I think. I went by Gairyuki, then. I started as a member of Polar and fought in GWII, GWIII, UJW, and WOTC. My nation was nothing special. My contribution to CN came in the form of propaganda and iconography for NpO, Nueva Vida, MK and Doomhouse, mostly. 

I remember the "good old days" and they seem kind of absurd, now. I miss the unity of the Great War Era, and the vitriol of the post-Initiative era, and the paranoia of the Continuum era, and the uncertainty of the post-Karma era, and the tears of the Pandora's Box era, and the freedom and tyranny of the Doomhouse era. All the greats have departed this world, however, and it feels like we've moved into an era of psychosis. 

May 2009 here, though i had to recreate when i lost my nation in December 2011 due to Net problems.

Joined for CNRP, and when my pacifist run there ended a couple of years later (pretty good run when you consider i joined back when every square inch of land had a waiting list) i stuck around, logging on once every couple of days.

Never been part of the history makers though so i doubt more than a handful would even remember me. Honestly this is the first forum post i've made in like 5 years, so yay for reunions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/04/2017 at 11:09 PM, MariMassa said:

Man this was a nice thread to read... Some really old folks here.

Joined NPO at the beginning of 2007, bought nukes when on top 5% (not a noob :P), sticked around until 2010 or so and then went inactive...

I came back recently, 6 years later, out of curiosity. Still miss the good old days though.

Nice to see you around, at least I'm not the last brazillian "playing" this game.

On 26/04/2017 at 0:29 AM, Innerspeaker said:

June 2006 was when I created my first nation, I think. I went by Gairyuki, then. I started as a member of Polar and fought in GWII, GWIII, UJW, and WOTC. My nation was nothing special. My contribution to CN came in the form of propaganda and iconography for NpO, Nueva Vida, MK and Doomhouse, mostly. 

I remember the "good old days" and they seem kind of absurd, now. I miss the unity of the Great War Era, and the vitriol of the post-Initiative era, and the paranoia of the Continuum era, and the uncertainty of the post-Karma era, and the tears of the Pandora's Box era, and the freedom and tyranny of the Doomhouse era. All the greats have departed this world, however, and it feels like we've moved into an era of psychosis. 

I remember you! Good old days indeed.

• 3 weeks later...

Man its been a long time since I came to this forum/site.  Happened to come back here out of curiosity and it seems like this game has lasted way longer than I thought it would, but is on its way out.

Started playing back around 2008 I think (Can't remember the year exactly).  I started in GOONS, then GPA, then built myself up and joined Grämlins, made my way to be their MoW and helped do that whole Continuum thing.  That was a really fun time.  Many a night getting called from Germany near midnight for wars on a school night.

Seems everything has mostly fallen apart now.

Also - Its weird as hell to see some old names still here.  Don't know how anyone has the attention span to play this for a decade.

Edited by Boondock

wow, what a trip down memory lane.  According to my wiki I joined in Feb 2006 as nation 3150 and was once in the top 50 strongest nations

Would like to see @Trace and @Shadow Slayer again some time.

Also good to see @bros and @Rebel Virginia

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/New_Reverie

Edited by New Reverie

6 hours ago, Shadow Slayer said:

Shadow Slayer here, what's up man? It's been a long time! 

My aside, I went through Middle School -> Employed playing this game. Joined during the end of GWI

It has been a very long time.  Since this forum is technically IC.  The ruler of my nation abjugated his throne, got married in 2009, and had a few kids.  I do wish I spent more time with RIA.

13 minutes ago, New Reverie said:

It has been a very long time.  Since this forum is technically IC.  The ruler of my nation abjugated his throne, got married in 2009, and had a few kids.  I do wish I spent more time with RIA.

This is OOC you can speak frankly :P

April 2006. Joined the game with a group from WaW tournament (massive organized battles in Forgotten Hope mod for Battlefield 1942). I didn't care about the game or know anything about it, I just joined to support my WaW friends who were at war and made a cry for help on the forums. They had run into some trouble with ODN and I joined with the express mission of nuking PopeHope.. We became known as the WaW rogues but when my mates got added to a permawar list and left the game I was given clemency because I was tiny and had no idea what was going on.

Exactly a year later in April 2007 I was raided because I was unaligned. I had previously been spammed with countless recruitment messages that I ignored but this time I needed protection. One recruitment message stood out, I joined TOP and remained in the alliance for the rest of my playtime. Turns out until that time, TOP only accepted people from the Paradox forums and had a brief experiment with active recruitment. They discontinued that program shortly after it began, and I ended up being the only member of Paradoxia who had been actively recruited through mass in game PMs.

I don't play the game anymore, but I check in every once in a long while because it was part of my life for around a decade. I still have my original nation, it's just not active.

Edited by Crispy99

On 6/1/2017 at 1:29 PM, New Reverie said:

Oh damn, congrats dude! I managed to shape up, get through college, and became a cog in the system back in Washington haha. I log in occasionally to see how my bills are doing, but that's about it. I think I have the highest unpaid bill in the game, but no one will confirm it for me

3 hours ago, Shadow Slayer said:

Oh damn, congrats dude! I managed to shape up, get through college, and became a cog in the system back in Washington haha. I log in occasionally to see how my bills are doing, but that's about it. I think I have the highest unpaid bill in the game, but no one will confirm it for me

Maybe we need to have declare bankruptcy added as a feature.  Declaring bankruptcy allows other nations to buy your infra, tech, and wonders for a period of 1 week.  Then your bills reset to zero.