Money?

Bushwhacker

Yeah taxes are the slow way. Join an alliance for real help growing but if you'd rather play solo talk to one about just selling tech. They'll help you understand the process and you make an easy 1 million + per day.

http://polarorder.net/forum/index.php

Polaris is just one of many but we'll get you started.

4 hours ago, Bushwhacker said:

I would like to join an alliance soon, but I want to make sure I get the right one first. When I was playing Nationsgame, I joined the first alliance that would take me(IXL Hasaka Empire) and that was a BIG mistake.

Most alliances here are fine if you join and then leave later AS LONG AS you don't leave in the middle of a war and you pay off any loans and/or tech deals.  Whatever alliance you join will tell you how that works.

You've been sitting on the NpO AA for the past 3 days.  It's probably a good time to sit on any AA not currently at war because it's the summer and it takes a bit for people to notice and/or care.  But eventually any AA is going to want you to commit or leave.  No such thing as a free lunch here.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/forum/24-player-created-alliances/

That is a list of alliances & how they present themselves.

Almost every alliance has guides that you can read that cover both the two questions you have asked thus far in great detail AND at least once person who you can ask these questions to if not more.  Almost every alliance provides aid for nations to grow that is significantly more than what you will get by collect taxes at your current nation strength AND guides about how to grow your nation to make the best of it.  CN has been around 10 years, has only had a few major changes during that time to how it works and anyone who has been here for six months or more AND has been active in an alliance has probably figured it all out and thus could help you. 

So - here are the questions I have that I think are actually relevant to picking an alliance.

1.  How active do you want to be?  (specifically - as in how often will you log in, how much do you want to get involved in the workings of the alliance, etc.  Once a day, once a week, once a month?  And for how long each time?

2. Do you see yourself enjoying the building aspect of this game over the war aspect or is your "end" goal to be a warrior type? 

3. Do you want to war at all?  If not, and you just want to build you should join Green Protection Agency.  And you can stop reading the rest.  There are a few other "neutral" alliances but IMO, GPA does it the best.

4.  If you want war then do you want to be in an alliance that is considered "classy" and/or "lawful" (basically following the community standards.)  Or do you want to be seen as a bad bad boy?  (bad boys get more war because they often cause it - as a general rule).

5.  What kind of "community" do you want - and I'm talking both about political make up of the alliance (a democratic one or a few people on top and on down one) and also just in a general way do you want laid back or strict "military" or somewhere in the middle?  How about large group or small group?

Edited by White Chocolate

13 hours ago, the rebel said:

Other than tech deals and/or aid, its a 6 month~ grind till you start making a decent amount through taxes.

I would disagree with that, build well and you can have a 3k infra nation within a couple of months (cost of 3k infra is the profit from ~13 tech deals), with a good trade setup and sledding technique you can make a very good profit; enough to buy and wonder every month whilst giving away tech and continuing to grow a warchest.

To the OP I would second White Chocolate's post, though I would add that it is probably best to avoid alliances currently fighting a lot of wars at the moment; which might make things somewhat difficult at the moment, as many of the alliances that recruit the most: NPO, NpO, Sparta and ODN are fighting a fair amount of wars, with IRON and VE also being involved in several conflicts. Though to be fair many of those alliances are large enough that you are unlikely to face much threat in the even that you do join them right now. 

On 29/07/2016 at 6:39 AM, Blackatron said:

I would disagree with that, build well and you can have a 3k infra nation within a couple of months (cost of 3k infra is the profit from ~13 tech deals), with a good trade setup and sledding technique you can make a very good profit; enough to buy and wonder every month whilst giving away tech and continuing to grow a warchest.

I suppose it depends on what people think is a decent amount as its very subjective.

I'd put the starting point of getting a decent amount from just taxes at the 5k infra jump with a good trade circle and economic wonder stack.

54 minutes ago, the rebel said:

I suppose it depends on what people think is a decent amount as its very subjective.

I'd put the starting point of getting a decent amount from just taxes at the 5k infra jump with a good trade circle and economic wonder stack.

I'd agree with that and wouldn't recommend anyone start giving away tech before that.

6 hours ago, Galerion said:

I'd agree with that and wouldn't recommend anyone start giving away tech before that.

You're probably right about it not being recommended, my point is it is certainly possible at much lower infra and with only a handful or wonders whilst continuing to grow.