An Open Letter to Frawley

Unknown Smurf

On 6/13/2016 at 7:42 PM, Lord Hitchcock said:

This is prime time to be a new ruler, every one needs a tech dealer- and you can pretty much do and say what you want- it isn't like the old days where ZI punishments and reparations were a thing.

You list reasons precisely why it is not prime time.  You list the decay.  Back in the days of ZI lists, people had something to fight for.  There were competing philosophies in the world, mortal enemies, causes to champion, risks to take.  There was nuance, complexity, depth, and a certain sophistication that has long since left this world.

Now all you kids are just throwing poo at each other like apes in a zoo and you think times have never been better.

Edited by HeroofTime55

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/21/2016 at 0:42 AM, white majik said:

Polar got rolled not too long ago, but even then they could have been a rallying point for a sphere, but why would they want to do that when no one is willing to do anything. US probably could have been too if people were willing to play the game. C&G is well C&G.

wooohooo I went full door nail with a triple post

Well, there was a group trying to snowball and create a third .. Polar was even part of this potential group rather than the rally point of it, but they took their ball over to Oc's gameyard ... 

7 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Well, there was a group trying to snowball and create a third .. Polar was even part of this potential group rather than the rally point of it, but they took their ball over to Oc's gameyard ... 

Would have liked to see this to be honest. It would be interesting to know what caused it to fall apart.

Friends, this is getting pretty sad. Its been 10 years, the game is all but dead, and the same bunch of [Edit: the unabbreviated version of 'NS' is censored] nerds (I'm looking at you, NPO) who started playing this game out of their basement apartments when they were already in their 30s are still forming these so-called hyperpower pax-autistica blocs. I'm just curious: do any of you ever get tired of going through the same motions year after year? It plays out the same every time: big dominant monopoly on power is formed, the lackies begin to be cannibalized one by one when all external opposition is eliminated, eventually someone splits off and attempts to upset the balance of power while pretending like they are somehow morally superior. It's a tired act that lost any emotional impact it may have once had after all the players who were operating on some sort of principals were systematically driven out of the game from 2006-2008; it's also why the game is dead. That's right; not dying, but dead. The only players that are still around are the aforementioned autistic manchildren who invested so many years into this number crunching simulator that they couldn't possibly let their nations be deleted or else they would suffer the realization that they wasted a decade of their lives. Even this thread is the same one that has been posted again and again every time one of these ritual sacrifices occurs. The same cliches are repeated year after year:

"The game is dying, we need to create a 'happening' to get people involved again by ganging up on some alliance which we vastly outnumber!"

"Oh no, how shocking, I could not foresee lapdog alliance #58 getting stabbed in the back like this! How dishonorable!"

"This bloc created by the NPO used to be good, but now that my friends are getting stomped, I am deeply disappointed. Things have changed. I can't wait to be part of the next global hyperpower, which will again be under NPO or GOONS, or both, but will be totally different and fair to me!

The only reason this dead game is still going is because the Chris chans and 12 year olds of the world are still stealing mommy and daddy's credit card 10 years later to donate some shekels for that next hit of tech. 

Edited by Dindu

1 hour ago, white majik said:

Would have liked to see this to be honest. It would be interesting to know what caused it to fall apart.

Why take a risk to do something when you have a path of certain victory?

23 minutes ago, Neo Uruk said:

im glad some dude with a racist troll account is preaching from the mountain tops now

On the topic of 'racism' and 'trolling', let's not forget that part of the reason this game has reached this sad state, aside from the cynical attitude from major alliances, is because the moderation (whose ranks are hand picked from among the leadership of the dominant alliances -- whose brilliant idea was that again?) used to crack down on everyone for 'trolling' -- a concept that lacks an objective definition and exists only in the minds of people who have no other response except to accuse dissenting voices of offending them. You're all wondering why the game is dead? Here's something to reflect on; does it sound like a fun time when you go to a forum, where you're afraid to say what you think because the mod is going to actively look for perceived 'rule violations', or because you might get attacked for not kissing the NPO emperor's ass?

And a final word to consider: after 10 years, the players of this game still haven't learned that monopolistic alliance blocs don't work. They never work for long term gain because after all your enemies have been rolled -- you, the spineless lacky, will be next. How goes the saying -- fool me once...? Not so in CyberNations , the paypal donation simulator. 

Edited by Dindu

On 6/13/2016 at 7:42 PM, Lord Hitchcock said:
4 hours ago, Dindu said:

On the topic of 'racism' and 'trolling', let's not forget that part of the reason this game has reached this sad state, aside from the cynical attitude from major alliances, is because the moderation (whose ranks are hand picked from among the leadership of the dominant alliances -- whose brilliant idea was that again?) used to crack down on everyone for 'trolling' -- a concept that lacks an objective definition and exists only in the minds of people who have no other response except to accuse dissenting voices of offending them. You're all wondering why the game is dead? Here's something to reflect on; does it sound like a fun time when you go to a forum, where you're afraid to say what you think because the mod is going to actively look for perceived 'rule violations', or because you might get attacked for not kissing the NPO emperor's ass?

And a final word to consider: after 10 years, the players of this game still haven't learned that monopolistic alliance blocs don't work. They never work for long term gain because after all your enemies have been rolled -- you, the spineless lacky, will be next. How goes the saying -- fool me once...? Not so in CyberNations , the paypal donation simulator. 

I mean, I made a career out of finding where exactly the line was.  I had a lot of fun doing it, always spoke my mind, usually didn't get warned, pissed literally everyone off but still mostly didn't get warned.  So my guess is you were just bad at not crossing the lines, or just totally unaware of them.

What's helping to kill the game is this dreadful new forum.  I spent ten god damned minutes trying to remove quote blocks from this reply field.  Lack of a full editor because someone thought it would be clever to make this flashy little turd of a reply box that doesn't goddamn work.  This is what is going to do it for me.

2 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

What's helping to kill the game is this dreadful new forum.  I spent ten god damned minutes trying to remove quote blocks from this reply field.  Lack of a full editor because someone thought it would be clever to make this flashy little turd of a reply box that doesn't goddamn work.  This is what is going to do it for me.

This has legit made me stop posting.

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 11:34 PM, white majik said:

Agree with you on the first part.

On the second I dont. You call it boring, I call it interesting. Matter of perspective and all that. I've got as many wars in the past 6 months as I have in the past 3 years. Seems pretty interesting to me.

When's the last shocking treaty to be signed that wasn't an Oc member? The way I see it is that NO ONE else is making moves. There were years for AAs to make moves and change things up but no one did. 

There were many chances for splits to take place but no one put in the effort to play the game and push the cracks. 

What shocking treaties are left? FAN signing with Legion? It would be a shocker, but wouldn't amount to anything. This game has always revolved around a few major AAs to get things done. What happens when all major AAs join up (oculus)? What can the planet bob to take down all the major AAs? Nothing. There is no possible way to even get something off the ground like that off the ground.

Oculus makes up at least 1/6th of all nations left in CN. Then you have to factor in all the external treaties. Which is basically any alliance that has some sort of life or a resemblance of a top tier. That leaves you with no actual competition. What it does allow to do is pick off an ally's ally and 1 or 2 alliances that have the balls to actually honor a treaty knowing they are going to get their !@#$ pushed in.

You are right that NO ONE is making moves. For some reason alliances want to hold onto their treaties forever. So there is no shake ups. There is no risk taking and that includes everyone in oculus. Oculus is every alliance (for the most part) that has a top tier. So any resemblance of risk to any of your top tiers have been taken out of the equation. A question for you. In your opinion, what alliance, that is not a direct ally of an oculus member, do you think is the biggest threat to any oculus member? 

I'm sure if they was a break in oculus tomorrow that there would be activity the following day. Then again if we keep up with the current trend of things it wouldn't matter. Anyone that would have been willing to shake things up will be nothing, but tech farms at the most.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:51 PM, HeroofTime55 said:

I don't know that it's killing anything, but yes. After being away, this forum design was a real treat to come back to. And by a 'real treat' I mean it blows gigantic donkey gonads.

On 6/21/2016 at 0:50 AM, Auctor said:

Okay, what's the alternative?

Quite honestly, Oculus not being more aggressive about knocking oppositional clusters out has led to even more of a stalemate than if we had much sooner. There's really no sensible reason to turn on our own power structure, and with a few isolated exceptions it's not as if anyone else is embracing that as a strategy either.

I think this brings up a fair point. 

I'm curious what others would do (be they in the "cool kids" club currently or not) with a vote for their alliance as an Oculus member.  Presume that it is a given that once "in power" it's politically reasonable to protect that power (including crushing threats)  so clearly no one is going to agree to just break up. 

- how (now that the world is won) should it be ruled?

(In other words, instead of complaining that Oculus is in power,  give some constructive ideas OTHER THAN "give up power" on what Oculus should do with it.)

Edited by White Chocolate

We have no competition left, and it is causing damage. NPO thrives off having a challenge, and now we have none. 

But equally, you cannot just suggest that the solution is for us to give power up. It's not like it magically appeared for us, we worked for this position. How do we explain to our members that we purposely weakened our position to satisfy the wider world? 

2 hours ago, Geerland said:

We have no competition left, and it is causing damage. NPO thrives off having a challenge, and now we have none. 

But equally, you cannot just suggest that the solution is for us to give power up. It's not like it magically appeared for us, we worked for this position. How do we explain to our members that we purposely weakened our position to satisfy the wider world

These seem contradictory to me.

To step off a little, stop relying on others - would create a challenge for you to thrive in to satisfy yourself. That it satisfies the wider world as well is a by-product not of your control. But the challenge you hide yourself away from that you claim to thrive off, is in your control.

Edited by Rayvon

Pacifica's challenge used to be fundamentally ideological; military conquest was not supposed to be an end in itself, but a means to an end. When war itself becomes the end, insanity and barbarism prevails.

Edited by Immortan Junka

On 6/25/2016 at 6:22 PM, Immortan Junka said:

Pacifica's challenge used to be fundamentally ideological; military conquest was not supposed to be an end in itself, but a means to an end. When war itself becomes the end, insanity and barbarism prevails.

Our ideology has always been to be #1, to be on top in everything.