Trade & Aid Sanctions Didn't Remove Trades

The Warrior

59 minutes ago, Blackatron said:

Sanctioning him on his own colour removes all non secret trades regardless of the team of whoever he is trading with.

Incorrect. Trades from another color are not removed unless those he's sanctioned on those colors. Trades from another color also don't show up in spy reports.

2 hours ago, Blackatron said:

What is it with that guy and making incorrectly spelled AAs? :lol1:

Possibly he is trading in secret? Only thing I can think of.

His current one is not spelt incorrectly that's Queen's English.

Edited by Galerion

41 minutes ago, Auctor said:

Incorrect. Trades from another color are not removed unless those he's sanctioned on those colors. Trades from another color also don't show up in spy reports.

Ahem:

If a nation is sanctioned by their own team then they will be prohibited from conducting trade agreements throughout the game until either the sanction is removed or the sanctioned nation changes to a different team color.

I can't see anything relating to team colour affecting spy reports.

That may be incorrect for all I know, but if it is you should probably tell admin about it.

22 minutes ago, Galerion said:

His current one is not spelt incorrectly that's Queen's English.

True.

9 hours ago, Blackatron said:

What is it with that guy and making incorrectly spelled AAs? :lol1:

actually, the matter isn't really funny.

the sanction was placed due to impersonation. I've read reports that apparently this guy is sending war messages to members of alliances to attack other nations, when no such order was authorized or given by the real people.

Just now, Horus Lytton said:

the sanction was placed due to impersonation. I've read reports that apparently this guy is sending war messages to members of alliances to attack other nations, when no such order was authorized or given by the real people.

Actually, it's hilarious. Especially when like four IRON nations actually attacked the NPO.

Just now, Horus Lytton said:

nope. not even funny at all while you stir the pot.

I know that to you the entire point of playing internet nation games is srs bns, but some of us play games to have fun. C'mon, you're in an alliance that calls itself R&R for pete's sake. Simply because you decide to play by the boring code of etiquette that most players in this game foist upon themselves doesn't mean I have to.

it's not the acronym. it's what it stands for. people on Planet Bob might just spark a war (formally) even for OWF stuff, but we've got things called "agreements" in the form of treaties and stuff. in short, it may look like fun, but this is why we RP. we don't play with this kind of delinquent foolishness. that's a quick trip to the short bus.

on top of that even more "hilarious" event, the entire alliance forums was apparently hacked (and/or dismantled) today, with everything being wiped, accounts and all. save for a few admins who got lucky. so, suspicious circumstances has risen in the timing of all this. the fact that the impersonation is going on with all the war stuff bubbling over in the meanwhile makes for a very volatile and unwelcome subject of discourse. so, forgive me if I sound a bit miffed more than I should be.

I hope you really enjoy playing with fire.

IRON's forums got hacked!? Jeez. I am genuinely really sorry to hear that, but it has nothing to do with me. Only the most pathetic form of scum would do that to another alliance. *I* have standards. Even if I didn't, I have nothing against IRON: I picked a random NPO ally and told them to hit NPO in defence of Invicta. I have no cause, desire or ability to be hacking people's forums. Anyway, this has nothing to do with the ~mysterious explanation~ for my trades not disappearing.

no, my alliance. but by proxy, you might as well say that IRON was affected because of your alliance name spoofing and actions.

now do you see the violence inherent in the system?

in light of this though, I can imagine the admin may rethink the sanction system when you're able to do this as a form of abuse. if you want things done, you go join a real alliance, make your grievances, and fight the wars for them. lead by example. don't pretend to be other leaders and hijack their roles and positions. it's not like we don't have standards too.

Um, why on earth would you connect me with something that happened to *R&R's* forums?

If Admin wants to cut down the limited number of fun, mischievous and unconventional things you can do in this game (as Vox used to do) that is his affair.

7 hours ago, Horus Lytton said:

I'm not really condoning what he did, obviously it's something that would rightfully piss anyone off, but I don't get how you can say it isn't funny, when I noticed the IRON nations attacking NPO "in defence of Invicta" I sure as hell laughed, laughed even harder when someone told me that someone was mass messaging IRON nations in game.

The hack on the R&R forums is different, I consider that to be quite a serious matter and it isn't funny at all, I hope you are able to recover most of what was lost and the damage isn't too serious.

There are no rules against pretending to have authority you don't in game, you might say it lacks decency, but in an age where megablocs are rolling micros who gives and !@#$ about that? At least Wayfarer is being amusing for most of those watching.

Also wayfarer appears to have answered the question.

58 minutes ago, Blackatron said:

I'm not really condoning what he did, obviously it's something that would rightfully piss anyone off, but I don't get how you can say it isn't funny, when I noticed the IRON nations attacking NPO "in defence of Invicta" I sure as hell laughed, laughed even harder when someone told me that someone was mass messaging IRON nations in game.

The hack on the R&R forums is different, I consider that to be quite a serious matter and it isn't funny at all, I hope you are able to recover most of what was lost and the damage isn't too serious.

There are no rules against pretending to have authority you don't in game, you might say it lacks decency, but in an age where megablocs are rolling micros who gives and !@#$ about that? At least Wayfarer is being amusing for most of those watching.

Also wayfarer appears to have answered the question.

Re: the first bit, yeah, it *WAS* hilarious, especially when that giant guy with like 10k tech anarchied all three of his NPO opponents. :P

Re: the hack on the R&R forums, I had nothing to do with it, and I can't understand why spamming IRON nations would lead to that conclusion.

• admin locked this topic