Going on an adventure...

the rebel

...away from the game and seeing what outside looks like.

I've been here for eight and a half years, I've made friends, enemies and had some good laughs along the way in the numerous alliances I've been a member of. 

But as with everything, what starts must end and I choose to leave on my terms rather than wake up one day having the admin choose for me/us.

To those that; know or don't know me, like or hate me, argued or agreed with and all the other crap excreta... Thank you for the enjoyable time.

---------

With that out of the way, in a few days I will cease coming on these forums and burn what's left of my nation and funds quietly away from here then go.

30 minutes ago, Xanth said:

good luck irl rebel. Never liked you but hate to see the game lose another active player.

Sums up my thoughts on the matter fairly well.

I might argue for you to stay based on principle, but I see you have already made up your mind. And principle cannot save the game.

Enjoy your adventure, you'll always be welcome back to Limitless Nexus if you change your mind. Your assistance and friendship will not be forgotten, its been an honor fighting alongside you. CN will be losing one of its best when you're gone.

Though I really didn't know you, it's sad to see another long-time player leave CN, but I very much understand your feelings... I've been playing for 10 years myself and have greatly lost interest in this game. Best wishes to ya in RL, and who knows, maybe I'll be following suit sometime in the future too...

9 hours ago, Melos said:

Though I really didn't know you, it's sad to see another long-time player leave CN, but I very much understand your feelings... I've been playing for 10 years myself and have greatly lost interest in this game. Best wishes to ya in RL, and who knows, maybe I'll be following suit sometime in the future too...

There's no point of us letting these multibillion warchests go to waste, better to use them on somebody.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Immortan Junka said:

I think you should definitely consider rerolling and trying to build up a brand new nation in the future; if you get attacked by someone with 30 wonders maybe you'll see what you put new players through firsthand.

No thanks and been there done that and got the badges.

Young nations back in the day had it worse in my opinion as there wasn't much aid on tap and facing nations twice their size and many more wonders.

Maybe you should build your nation for a change instead of being a nuclear turret fighting new non nuclear nations all the time and then complaining when others employ the same strategy when your size. :)

The difference is that most of my wars since rerolling have been without my current wonder set, and many of them were underdog battles where I faced heavy-wonder nations. So I acutely am aware of the new nation struggle, and that's why I limit the use of capabilities to wars of foreign aggression... I've never razed the lower-tiers of any alliance that didn't attack my AA first.

This is a much different case than you and Minc, who had the privilege of building up to WRC levels before dropping down to launch aggressive wars targeting new nations

Edited by Immortan Junka

34 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

This is a much different case than you and Minc, who had the privilege of building up to WRC levels before dropping down to launch aggressive wars targeting new nations

Most and myself included rebuilt above newbie range after war, you stay in newbie range forever.

Damage done to young nations years ago really hurt as aid wasn't plentiful and tech deals didn't pay well, damage done today to them doesn't hurt as aid is plentiful and tech deals pay well.

They received cheap training and I'm happy to of provided a learning experience to those new nations I happened to see. 

We've all been there before and we all learnt by experiencing hard wars :)

You should be glad newbies learnt from hard wars while its dirt cheap and not when its really expensive. 

My new nations are fortunate to have a very active and experienced command staff, but this isn't the case for all new nations. And even within SNX a few new players quit after Minc attacked us because their lives were busy enough without the headache of dealing with obsessive WRC-equipped attackers forcing them to quit CN.

That's why I have to always stay in the low tier, because you never know when some punks will come along to harass new players.