"imperial Decree"?

zoskia

Does anybody else feel that the phrase "Imperial Decree" is being abused???

I mean... I sometimes see some 3 Nations Alliances posting "Imperial Decrees".... Aren't you meant to have a HUGE power as to post an "Imperial Decree"?

I don't think that Alliances which are not places in, say, the top 10 Alliances list or *special cases* that we've seen in the history of small Alliances with a HUGE power due to treaties of political or military influence....

But if you have a 30 nations Alliance with an average NS and you are not *special* in the treaty web... should you use the expression "Imperial Decree"?

I mean... I sometimes see some 3 Nations Alliances posting "Imperial Decrees".... Aren't you meant to have a HUGE power as to post an "Imperial Decree"?

I don't think that Alliances which are not places in, say, the top 10 Alliances list or *special cases* that we've seen in the history of small Alliances with a HUGE power due to treaties of political or military influence....

But if you have a 30 nations Alliance with an average NS and you are not *special* in the treaty web... should you use the expression "Imperial Decree"?

Its not about the size or power of an alliance, If an alliance has a emperor for example or any other autocratic leader they could go with "imperial decree" 

Edited by XxHouseArrestXx

Its not about the size or power of an alliance, If an alliance has a emperor for example or any other autocratic leader they could go with "imperial decree" 

Ah... OK, then it's one of those "size doesn't matter" issues... I get it.

When Sengoku used it, Auctor is somewhat the de facto leader & face of Oculus; so that was fine. NPO always does, so it wasn't overused then. When Galerion used it, by then it was it was clearly being overused. Galerion is no Auctor or Emperor.

Is it annoying that people overuse these grandiose terms? Absolutely. But let's not forget, this is the place for pomp and grandstanding. After all, we're all leaders of nations; CN is a mix of the United Nations and Lord of the Flies.

LOL.... why so many "Emperors"?

Ivan created this tendency with the NPO and NpO and the Siths....

But why don't we have Tzarist Decrees, Democratic Decrees, Parliamentary Decrees, Anarchist Notifications, etc...

Nowadays everyone's an "Emperor"...

Some day we'll see the LSF posting "Imperial Decrees".

But why don't we have Tzarist Decrees, Democratic Decrees, Parliamentary Decrees, Anarchist Notifications, etc...

Anarch Decree I guess could work.

Although Decree is more fitting for certain circumstances, such as the nations of red can not be raided. Or the nations of brown shall not be sanctioned. It should be used in stating a rule, not to declare war on an alliance you're technically already at war with. (SNX)

Although even for NPO and Sengoku, those were declarations of war. So they could have called them Imperial Declarations & reserved Decrees when they want to announce a rule which applies to all nations.

I think the only alliance that has the right to use the term Imperial Decrees is NPO, everyone else just seems like a copy cat to me

When Sengoku used it, Auctor is somewhat the de facto leader & face of Oculus; so that was fine. NPO always does, so it wasn't overused then. When Galerion used it, by then it was it was clearly being overused. Galerion is no Auctor or Emperor.

surely you have no bias here

I think the only alliance that has the right to use the term Imperial Decrees is NPO, everyone else just seems like a copy cat to me

For this to be accurate, you would be accusing Ivan of copying himself. Was Ivan that started this theme with all three Orders, and each subsequent Emperor from him continued from that beginning. 

Ivan's Bastards. I like  :awesome:

well i mean LSF didn't give imperial decrees but they also were purposefully given short time frames for things by their enemies to take advantage of the fact that they didn't have a single strong leader who could just yes or no things

the only people left who take ruling a nation seriously are the skype emperors who enjoy bureaucracy for its own sake

in other words, they're boring as shit and unoriginal, and an empire is the "highest" form of government you can really have

I'm really tempted to use something like "Doom Decree from the Kingdom" for DK's next public announcement  just to poke fun, but if you have a better idea let me know.

Maybe "Decree of Doom"?  But that, to me, would work better for DBDC.

Edited by White Chocolate

As Imperial is to Empire, so Royal to Kingdom, so I would suggest something Royal. Royal Decree could work, or Royal Proclamation, or perhaps even a Royal Promulgation.

A Royal Decree of the Doom, by the Doom, and from the Doom?