It's Arrived

Amossio

How'd you end up loosing tech in peace time? Anyway, I understand you're upset after MK sent you to suck up to us for months to get a treaty but ended up getting rolled a few months later and then having your rogue party interrupted and having to suck it up again oh, and then getting rolled again. Sure, we made mistakes, big & horrible mistakes, it was our job to fix them, I suppose we fixed those to certain extent to people that mattered to us. In all honesty, you cant expect us to give two !@#$% about your opinion and I would'nt expect anything else the other way around either. We made errors, it was your job to capitalise on them, you failed again. Well, I suppose the only thing you had going during all this time was the free tech, that was taken away too, so yea, I can understand all the butt-hurt with all the incompetency in politics and getting caught with hands in the jar with nation building. As always, I wish you the worst of luck.

lmao @ how hard you tried

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always kind of amazed about this sense of entitlement people have about being entertained in this game. It's always someone else's fault things are boring, no one actually takes on any responsibility to do something that would legitimately hold their interest. That's the single dumbest aspect of these threads - if there really were enough motivated people that wanted to *do something*, nothing stops them in this world but their own laziness/cowardice/ineptitude.

The biggest AAs in the game and those that actually have an upper tier sign a bloc treaty. What is there to "do"? Gnaw at their ankles while they have 150+ people to do nothing, but aid those in wars. Yea, get the fuck out of here with that shit. NPO & IRON's fear of fighting in the upper tiers w/o the odds extremely stacked in their favor has led us to this point IG.

Yeah, it sure would be a shame if someone went out and got rolled actually trying to do something. It's always much easier to complain about it than it is to get out and meaningfully oppose, which is why CN is like it is to begin with.

No one has ever been entitled to change they didn't work to create here. If anything, the attitude that they should be has messed with the natural order of things. Instead of there ever being any turnover, it's all the same old tired alliance leaders that can't be bothered running everything. No one else can even be bothered to put the time and effort into doing what it would take to say, run another global war that was actually competitive. So you all rely on the same people that can't be assed anymore to spend hours and hours of their time or even stay up for update anymore to hold your hands and make things happen for you, and then yall wonder why they're not doing it on your timetable.

And then, when they shake the dust out to go and do something for you, 80% of you want the war to end quickly so you don't have to put real effort into it yourselves, or want to piss and moan about having to do your part in making a war plan functional. There's simply nothing rewarding in it anymore for the average CN alliance leader, and yet the people with the time to whine and moan haven't stood up to take their place and make what they want to happen come to pass. So congratulations, you all have the world you deserve.

The biggest AAs in the game and those that actually have an upper tier sign a bloc treaty. What is there to "do"? Gnaw at their ankles while they have 150+ people to do nothing, but aid those in wars. Yea, get the $%&@ out of here with that !@#$. NPO & IRON's fear of fighting in the upper tiers w/o the odds extremely stacked in their favor has led us to this point IG.

Being scared of the big bad guys makes for an even duller time.

Mate, free will, haha, if you are reading this you are a doughnut. 

Maybe if Mogar, you and I, spent the most precious commodity, time, more efficiently. We wouldn't be having this awkward convo right now. ;)

Im content with my location in the treaty web, I am not allied to a single alliance I feel would drop RIA simply to avoid getting rolled, quite the opposite in fact, nearly everyone RIA holds paper with I'm confident would be with us regardless of how stacked the sides of a war are in either direction. The interesting thing to me is how many are content with allying those they know for certain would not defend them in a losing conflict, but sign that paper anyway?

IRON still needs to be rolled so there's that.

NPO needs IRON's upper tier, so that's not happening for at least 2 years.

Yeah, it sure would be a shame if someone went out and got rolled actually trying to do something. It's always much easier to complain about it than it is to get out and meaningfully oppose, which is why CN is like it is to begin with.

Oppose who? any opposition to Oc is an instant lose situation, you wished to be the hegemony, either act on your long game or turn on yourselves, the rest of us have done the math out to know you could pull the trigger tomorrow and win, is losing some of your statistics to achieve your goal really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things?

Edited by Mogar

Ok you've convinced me. Doing nothing about it and complaining a lot is actually a brilliant plan. We've been outfoxed.

And apparently open war is the only way to oppose someone. Learn something every day.

Edited by Auctor

I don't see Oc as a problem, I see them being unwilling to act on the obvious goal of such a grouping alliances as a problem, since it displays quite a bit of cowardice. You won't find me opposing Oc simply because several of my closest allies have strong connections to the grouping, and death before dishonor.

I'm always kind of amazed about this sense of entitlement people have about being entertained in this game.

An excellent point. TBQH even cn drama is at best, mildly entertaining at this point, everything's been more or less done, re-done etc in terms of actions and same  old discourses on OWF. We as a community (my aa) have already been taking steps for months to move away from CN as the anchor of our community. CN still remains central, but less so vs say, same time last year or year before. We've got plenty of other things going internally, for many of us, we check in primarily due to other things that happen within our community and CN/OWF is secondary chore more or less to buy/sell tech, other tasks etc. War or no war, we've taken steps to have fun, IRON community, at this point, doesnt relies on OWF or CN for 'entertainment' anymore, so while this might be a boring period for a lot who get their kicks from cn cycles, it doesnt really matter to us that much because we play CN and we play and do dozen other things. The game is dying, evolve your communities beyond this game or die with it.  NPO is another example, which has rebranded itself away from 'CN community' to a 'Gaming community'. And all of this has been going on for more than a year. Those communities who rely purely on CN will die with CN and will be affected most with CN's high/lo cyclical nature. Also, this helps with internal activity in relation to CN, so it's a win-win. 

I'd be very happy to see all the communities here that I've been friends and enemies with stay around much longer beyond CN too and would advise the same, evolve them beyond CN. 

Edited by shahenshah

So, your goals are to group your NS to ensure the death of CN, while moving away from the game, wonderful logic.

Our goal is Community first. Spin it however you want. I cant ask others to rely on you and the usual suspects on OWF for our entertainment now can I.

Edited by shahenshah

If your community cares about this game in particular though, you could easily be doing more to actually improve game health, instead you do the exact opposite, there's quite a bit of a disconnect there.

If your community cares about this game in particular though, you could easily be doing more to actually improve game health, instead you do the exact opposite, there's quite a bit of a disconnect there.

We have 300+ people engaged to this game, if we relied solely on CN or OWF for our kicks, that number would be a lot less. You can make a long list of alliances that bored themselves out to death.  Like I said, other things we do help us keep the guys engaged to the game, which tbqh at this day and age is a horrible game in terms of mechanics and retention & recruitment is hard. We chose to rely on ourselves to keep us entertained and engaged first and foremost. You have no obligation to keep us entertained, nor we have any to keep you entertained. Exploring other avenues to keep your guys engaged is a good idea in my book. Our guys goto other avenues of fun, and bring in the guys from other areas, that's how we expand our  community, we expand our other avenues and help recruit people in to CN too, but trust me, it's quite hard asking some FPS or RTS guys to play a game which on first impression looks quite bad in all objectivity, but we try. It's really a win-win cycle if you look beyond your usual anti-IRON mumbo jumbo. Really, think about it objectively. More often than not, you just oppose for the sake of opposition.

Edited by shahenshah

So, your goals are to group your NS to ensure the death of CN, while moving away from the game, wonderful logic.

Let's be real here: any big war will involve further departures from the game and each one that happens will be another step towards greater loss of interest once it's over as the past wars have been as people usually use wars to cap off their CN playing. If you don't think interest wanes after half a decade or more of playing that veteran players have, you're sorely mistaken. This game had more players in the Continuum era and lost a lot after the Karma War.  You have a perspective that doesn't apply to a largely casual playerbase that rarely interests itself in the politics of the time.  At some point, there'll be a war and it won't really solve the problems you bring up.

Edited by Monster

Considering what happened to alliances like UPN I'm dubious whether expansion into other realms is wise for a CN alliance to do. Community is nice, but it's a sense of mission and purpose that brings the most out of nation rulers, and anytime you become a jack of all trades you sacrifice being exceptional in one area (i.e. CN warfare). If CN died, SNX would simply mass-emigrate as a single unit to another realm... maintaining a presence in multiple realities seems a bit too tenuous to me.

Edited by Immortan Junka

Considering what happened to alliances like UPN I'm dubious whether expansion into other realms is wise for a CN alliance to do. Community is nice, but it's a sense of mission and purpose that brings the most out of nation rulers, and anytime you become a jack of all trades you sacrifice being exceptional in one area (i.e. CN warfare). If CN died, SNX would simply mass-emigrate as a single unit to another realm... maintaining a presence in multiple realities seems a bit too tenuous to me.

That's the choice of your community. I do not see how my CN goals affect what I'm doing in DOTA 2 with some IRON buddies and I dont see what's wrong in say some random guy who had lots of fun playing in our party being recruited into CN and our AA. 

How'd you end up loosing tech in peace time? Anyway, I understand you're upset after MK sent you to suck up to us for months to get a treaty but ended up getting rolled a few months later and then having your rogue party interrupted and having to suck it up again oh, and then getting rolled again. Sure, we made mistakes, big & horrible mistakes, it was our job to fix them, I suppose we fixed those to certain extent to people that mattered to us. In all honesty, you cant expect us to give two !@#$% about your opinion and I would'nt expect anything else the other way around either. We made errors, it was your job to capitalise on them, you failed again. Well, I suppose the only thing you had going during all this time was the free tech, that was taken away too, so yea, I can understand all the butt-hurt with all the incompetency in politics and getting caught with hands in the jar with nation building. As always, I wish you the worst of luck. 

I knew someone would take the bait!

*mission accomplished*

That's the choice of your community. I do not see how my CN goals affect what I'm doing in DOTA 2 with some IRON buddies and I dont see what's wrong in say some random guy who had lots of fun playing in our party being recruited into CN and our AA. 

I meant in specific other nation simulators and "strategic" MMOs, rather than first person shooters and the like, but I see your point.

I knew someone would take the bait!

*mission accomplished*

:ph34r:  :ph34r: We're having this super big mafia game, you should join and everyone else is welcome too. 22 people have signed up already:

http://ironcentral.org/community/topic/56070-kz-06-mafia-player-signup/

Edited by shahenshah

Let's be real here: any big war will involve further departures from the game and each one that happens will be another step towards greater loss of interest once it's over as the past wars have been as people usually use wars to cap off their CN playing. If you don't think interest wanes after half a decade or more of playing that veteran players have, you're sorely mistaken. This game had more players in the Continuum era and lost a lot after the Karma War.  You have a perspective that doesn't apply to a largely casual playerbase that rarely interests itself in the politics of the time.  At some point, there'll be a war and it won't really solve the problems you bring up.

You'd be amazed at what presenting a semi equal war might do for activity in this game, considering your clique is simply planning a few more curbstomps and then the big prize, you're certainly predicting the future, but that's not the fault of the casual playerbase, its yours for refusing to use the tools available to make said casual playerbase have an ability to have an opinion on the politics.

I applaud those AAs that are evolving their communities into other ventures and i believe most communities are starting to do that. If not, then they should.

The Mogar was getting it is that the occulus bloc has gridlocked the game with having 60+% of 100k NS nations in the game and a hold sizeable percentage of nations in the game. The only challenge to this bloc (alone) would to be to take on everyone else, including GPA, but we all know that will never happen. Wars that are 50 vs 1 will continue to drive veterans players away. So congrats, can we speed up the end game though.

You'd be amazed at what presenting a semi equal war might do for activity in this game, considering your clique is simply planning a few more curbstomps and then the big prize, you're certainly predicting the future, but that's not the fault of the casual playerbase, its yours for refusing to use the tools available to make said casual playerbase have an ability to have an opinion on the politics.

Mogar, you claim you know what Occulus is planning, but honestly, you really dont, you just throw it out hoping for some suckers to catch on to it.

Leading up to NG-Polar treaty,  the warming of the ties that had been on going for months and werent really a secret, you were going and going on how Occulus was onto Polar. You arent even on top of what your allies are doing, let alone others. 

Well you're gonna roll Polar anyway, why try sucking up to your clique?

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/127181-new-sith-order-declaration/page-24#entry3401715

I'm looking forward to Polar getting rolled as well, maybe after that half hearted attempted to keep the current hegemony going we can actually return to a world with some excitement.

Edited by shahenshah

Mogar, you claim you know what Occulus is planning, but honestly, you really dont, you just throw it out hoping for some suckers to catch on to it.

Leading up to NG-Polar treaty,  the warming of the ties that had been on going for months and werent really a secret, you were going and going on how Occulus was onto Polar. You arent even on top of what your allies are doing, let alone others. 

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/127181-new-sith-order-declaration/page-24#entry3401715

It's almost as though IC and OOC are two separate things or something! I play a particular role on the OWF, maybe if you put more effort into actually roleplaying a character rather than circlejerking in backchannels, we'd still have an active community.

The problem with the politics side of things is that it can't really involve more than a handful of people in any meaningful way - alliance leaders. The rest of the players are just going along with what's happening and polishing their shiny pixels until they get to use those pixels. The wrong end of a curb stomp sees years worth of pixels disappear and for some rebuilding those pixels starts to look futile.