Treaty

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaving Polaris as soon as I log in from a computer.

If you do leave, join Limitless Nexus. ;)

Although with NpO wanting to be the good guys lately & Non Grata being friends with a good friend of mine; I think this could lead to good things. Sometimes in order to win against the bad guys, working with those who operate in the grey is sometimes needed.

What's a moralist?

Moralist is someone who has a conscience & can differentiate between good and bad. xoin left thinking he was the last moralist & this world was hopeless, but I disagree. I think being a moralist is a good thing, which involves sticking up for whats right. I think there are many moralists left, although not many brag about it.

Edited by Sephiroth

I encourage you to re-read it, though the book is about war it's purpose is actually quite humanitarian.

Hey bro, we are finally allied together.  This is awesome.  Grub and Tywin.  Lets just say my o-face is gigantic.

Tywin, can you change your AA so it's updated.  And your pip should be NpO as well.  Also your ingame AA is wrong, change that to NpO as well.  And your NpO forum account reads "vistor".  NpO, can you get someone to mask Tywin properly so none of us are confused.  Thanx ally-bros.

Edited by Steve Buscemi

LOL...

You fools don't get what is killing Bob...

In order for the Bob to survive there has to be some semblance chance at competition.

Oh well, one more nail I guess.

Can we call Bob2 Richard? You know long Dick...because someone will be bound from Bob1 to fuck it if it were ever to happen.

Horrible power mongering treaty that makes for a boring uncompetitive world. If admin took away war on Bob at least 50% of treaties would be cancelled. People would go to TE to blow off steam specially of it had a longer cycle and a limited numbed of nations per alliance.

LOL...

In order for the Bob to survive there has to be some semblance chance at competition.

Can we call Bob2 Richard? You know long Dick...because someone will be bound from Bob1 to $%&@ it if it were ever to happen.

Horrible power mongering treaty that makes for a boring uncompetitive world. If admin took away war on Bob at least 50% of treaties would be cancelled. People would go to TE to blow off steam specially of it had a longer cycle and a limited numbed of nations per alliance.

I haven't had my morning tea so this may be a bit more incoherent than I want it to be...

But your outdated version of "competition" hasn't existed since almost the first year of this world. This treaty is part of the competition, as is every treaty. What's killing this world is the inability for inactive alliances, like TPF, to recognize that they need to either disband or merge because their failings are two-fold: You aren't contributing to the political game and you're allowing other political players to use you as a convenient target in order to delay real political moves.

This world is thriving in competition - You simply have to join the ranks of those still competing rather than sitting still in your den of barely-alive nations.

And it's not some "elitist" alliance thought either. Doom Kingdom, Kashmir, Monster's Inc... All new alliances that are having a fine time with their own visions for the game. It just requires activity and the desire to actually play, rather than whine that no one else is playing by your expectations.

Edited by Master Holton

Hey bro, we are finally allied together.  This is awesome.  Grub and Tywin.  Lets just say my o-face is gigantic.

Tywin, can you change your AA so it's updated.  And your pip should be NpO as well.  Also your ingame AA is wrong, change that to NpO as well.  And your NpO forum account reads "vistor".  NpO, can you get someone to mask Tywin properly so none of us are confused.  Thanx ally-bros.

I always knew I would be welcomed back as a hero once more :P

I haven't had my morning tea so this may be a bit more incoherent than I want it to be...

But your outdated version of "competition" hasn't existed since almost the first year of this world. This treaty is part of the competition, as is every treaty. What's killing this world is the inability for inactive alliances, like TPF, to recognize that they need to either disband or merge because their failings are two-fold: You aren't contributing to the political game and you're allowing other political players to use you as a convenient target in order to delay real political moves.

This world is thriving in competition - You simply have to join the ranks of those still competing rather than sitting still in your den of barely-alive nations.

And it's not some "elitist" alliance thought either. Doom Kingdom, Kashmir, Monster's Inc... All new alliances that are having a fine time with their own visions for the game. It just requires activity and the desire to actually play, rather than whine that no one else is playing by your expectations.

When people sign treaties like this one - with one side they hate only marginally less than the other - it really calls into question who/what is competing against whom/what.

It would be just as interesting (and about as arbitrary) if you all just drew random numbers and then lined up to have an even fight. You've already abandoned any pretense of principle, so what difference does it make who ends up on your side, and who on the other? After all, you're relevant!

I like this post. I like it a lot.

Groups stick together better when there are groups in opposition. If there is no enemy, there is infighting, and enemies are created. If Oculus really does become a grand hegemonic power, it will eventually be betrayed from within as soon as there is not a clear agreed-upon enemy that is actually worthy of such strength to be defeated. No single treaty dooms a planet, and no alliance or grouping of alliances will ever reign forever. They really haven't done a whole lot as it is. The MI6 war was hardly throwing around power, as much as I thought it was dumb, and there's no way this treaty will last more than a war or two.

When people sign treaties like this one - with one side they hate only marginally less than the other - it really calls into question who/what is competing against whom/what.

It would be just as interesting (and about as arbitrary) if you all just drew random numbers and then lined up to have an even fight. You've already abandoned any pretense of principle, so what difference does it make who ends up on your side, and who on the other? After all, you're relevant!

Be careful with that "you all" stuff; there's a number of alliances who don't cater to that narrative and who stand on principle.

LOL...

Can we call Bob2 Richard? You know long Dick...because someone will be bound from Bob1 to $%&@ it if it were ever to happen.

Shouldn't you be busy leaving wars early and being a terrible ally.

Or are you currently busy....[OOC trying to find a CB on an alliance you don't like/OOC]

Edited by Steve Buscemi