A Statement From MI6

Shurukian

I can acknowledge your good intent amidst the naivety. Civility and respect is for the friends>tech>infra, death before dishonor types though, not whatever you choose to call those who inhabit the Oculus alliances.

As I said, I don't get into the Politics. I'm not a spokesman for Oculus. I'm just saying it was fun and I hope for the best for you guys.

This game is a competition; eventually everything will be whittled down to one major Alliance or Bloc who rules Planet Bob (or the game will just shut down, whichever comes first).

I was raised to always respect those who you compete against; be it in victory (if you could even call this a victory) or in defeat. What your alliance did, aswell as TPF and MI6, was show that you wouldn't back down, even if faced by an almost definite defeat. That's nothing short of absolutely respectable and great sportsmanship. 

Oh this is rich. You're a "warrior." Therefore once you're done stomping your foes you can walk away without any consequences. Everyone is filled with mutual respect and goodwill. After all, that is the precise feeling everyone felt towards the Continuum during its heyday.

I'm not so childish that I feel the need to hold grudges over the inevitable. Maybe that's why I'm not into the Politics.

This is a war game, wars will happen. Win or Lose, if you're not having fun it's time to walk away.

If you don't enjoy the sport of war, maybe you should be playing Sims.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who let this naive fool out of his cage?

I'm here telling you guys that you've earned my respect, that I wish you the best, and you're calling me a fool? 

That's poor sportsmanship if I've ever seen it.

Most likely he and others are being encouraged to post as a show of power.

Irony: Someone with Braveheart as their avatar doesn't understand good sportsmanship.

And no, the comments on our side have mostly been about how fucked up it is that three small Alliances had to bear the entirety of Occulus and that they fought well despite being outnumbered. And then how many people there are (like you) who just want to rage on the OWF about how much you hate us.

Article 10 on your "prohibited personal conduct" is defeatism.

It's displaying something, anyway.

I was trying to show good sportsmanship, but it's been made all too apparent to me that the majority of you guys would rather just piss and moan about stupid Politics instead of enjoy the game.

That will be all from me.

As I said, I don't get into the Politics. I'm not a spokesman for Oculus. I'm just saying it was fun and I hope for the best for you guys.
This game is a competition; eventually everything will be whittled down to one major Alliance or Bloc who rules Planet Bob (or the game will just shut down, whichever comes first).

I'm not so childish that I feel the need to hold grudges over the inevitable. Maybe that's why I'm not into the Politics.
This is a war game, wars will happen. Win or Lose, if you're not having fun it's time to walk away.
If you don't enjoy the sport of war, maybe you should be playing Sims.

This thought process happened once before. Fate, some may even call it Karma intervened. The problem is that there was no "Equilibrium" and all that happened was that the pendulum just swing the other way. See what I did there? 😂😂😂😂

A small Alliance stood it's ground in the face of one of the Largest Blocs on Planet Bob. 

Not only did they fight, but their friends were brave enough to join them.

Although I only engaged with MI6 Nations, I didn't find a single one of them to be anything short of good warriors and respectable enemies. They fought hard against odds that were obviously against them and held out for much longer than I initially expected.

All these people calling it pathetic, sad, etc.. But really they stood up for what they believed, met us on the level, and earned the respect of us all.

Shout out to the chap who gave me a dose of radiation.

A large group of alliances slapped a politically isolated alliance around.

Not only that they then made their one and only ally join them.

Although I engaged with mostly IRON nations, they are still a terrible alliance and will always be terrible. They fought with great odds in their favor as always for the last 5+ years.

All these people trying to not call it sad or pathetic are in a pathetic alliance known as IRON. 

Sorry I coudlnt resist.  :awesome:

I was trying to show good sportsmanship, but it's been made all too apparent to me that the majority of you guys would rather just piss and moan about stupid Politics instead of enjoy the game.

That will be all from me.

While I haven't seen any from yourself, plenty of those in your bloc have made it very clear they consider this to be some great victory, where normally I wouldn't consider the Patriots defeating a pee wee league to be something to be proud of. Take on a real challenge and emerge victorious and you'd see those who are shouting you down saying something else. Unfortunately that's not gonna happen and your alliance and bloc will continue to beat up on alliances with 10:1 odds and patting yourselves on the back for doing so because all of you fear losing your tech and infra far too much.

I'm here telling you guys that you've earned my respect, that I wish you the best, and you're calling me a fool? 

That's poor sportsmanship if I've ever seen it.

Irony, instructing anyone on poor sportsmanship after this wonderful shame of a war. Also I didn't call you a fool, I called you a NAIVE FOOL.

A large group of alliances slapped a politically isolated alliance around.

Not only that they then made their one and only ally join them.

Although I engaged with mostly IRON nations, they are still a terrible alliance and will always be terrible. They fought with great odds in their favor as always for the last 5+ years.

All these people trying to not call it sad or pathetic are in a pathetic alliance known as IRON. 

Sorry I coudlnt resist.  :awesome:

Hopefully in 1 or 2 years time when you have a top tier again (if you last that long) we can revisit this statement.

Hopefully in 1 or 2 years time when you have a top tier again (if you last that long) we can revisit this statement.

Maybe by then you'll have grown enough of a spine to actually take on a real threat, doubtful but one can dream.

Maybe by then you'll have grown enough of a spine to actually take on a real threat, doubtful but one can dream.

Bigger threat to me or you? lmao. As usual you want other people to do your dirty work for you.

You've talked the most smack for someone that didn't even contribute to this war. Where was your spine when your so called friends were being attacked?

Bigger threat to me or you? lmao. As usual you want other people to do your dirty work for you.

You've talked the most smack for someone that didn't even contribute to this war. Where was your spine when your so called friends were being attacked?

Mind showing a link between RIA and anyone you rolled this war? As a government member I can't exactly do my usual one man AA antics, you can pretend this was some great victory but we both know you accomplished nothing besides providing MI6 STA and TPF with plenty of political capital.

A small Alliance stood it's ground in the face of one of the Largest Blocs on Planet Bob. 
Not only did they fight, but their friends were brave enough to join them.

Although I only engaged with MI6 Nations, I didn't find a single one of them to be anything short of good warriors and respectable enemies. They fought hard against odds that were obviously against them and held out for much longer than I initially expected.

All these people calling it pathetic, sad, etc.. But really they stood up for what they believed, met us on the level, and earned the respect of us all.

Shout out to the chap who gave me a dose of radiation.

Ah yes, respect to those who were forced to apologize at gunpoint. You guys are nuts.

Glad this war is over, MI6 and co are a great bunch of alliances and deserve the best in life. 
Anyone who was upset about the balance of the fight should have joined MI6 to fight or done something.

Ah yes, the IRON motto: "Do something about it."

Welcome to the world! This happens every war and is the norm. It's best to tune it out really, and find something you enjoy to focus on.

My only regret is losing to Piejonk in damage for MI6.

Other than that I may as well have won the whole conflict.

It's funny, but this was pretty much my sentiment except replace Piejonk for Vol Navy who is always the TPF #1. Fighting in this world doesn't exactly require skill, but he is crafty and edged me out for alliance #1 again. I was astounded by how bad my NPO opponents were for the most part with one exception. They truly fought like they were on the losing end of a steamroll rather than the winning end. All's the better for my remaining tech I suppose.

I was astounded by how bad my NPO opponents were for the most part

I know this is new for y'all, but I've done a few rounds with NPO (and IRON) in my time. Disappoint knowing better, I too always tend to overestimate them. It's almost as if that crowd grows more incompetent with each lopsided war.

Oh, the tales I with which could regale you.