A Statement From MI6

Shurukian

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think TPF didn't have a choice. 

Even though they were pre-empted, they still had a choice.  They could have thrown in the towel at any point.  They took it on the chin, got up, and hit back.  Don't take that away from anybody.

If only you did more than simply commentate the actions of others

I'm not actually replying to this quote but to Natan's general attitude in this entire thread.

You see, I am one who has often vocalized my distaste for MI6.  Hell, while I like most of the members, I tend to despise the AA.  They are arrogant; often asinine; and though often humorous, they can be the most base trolls around.  At one point, I was a bit tipsy (I know - hard to believe, right?) and made a call out thread about what I felt was classless recruiting.  I will also go ahead and take away your counter arguments and acknowledge my faults: apathy (I really don't care about anything you care about), arrogance (I am better than everybody else, no matter what they may think or do), irritable (I'm grumpy), reactionary (I don't tend to start bullshit, but I sure like to call it when I see it).

In principle, I was all for an MI6 rolling (I have friends there who I would rather weren't there, but they have made their proverbial beds and need to lie in them).  This wasn't a rolling.  This was territorial pissings.  MI6 is politically isolated and Oculus wanted to show some muscle flexing without any risk.  I'm even ok with that.

However, Mr. Natan's attitude in this thread has made me sympathize with MI6.  Yes.  Me.  You have made me fucking sympathize with MI6.  The world has gone wrong and I can place the blame at the feet of one very loud and rather poor victor, who has become a spokesman for the whole bloc.

In this thread alone, he (by association) has proven that Oculus is more than hypocritical.  He has done everything the powers within his bloc decided to roll MI6 for doing.  The difference is, he has done it all in this thread.  I can only assume, he does this in every thread.  So, not only has Oculus not really accomplished anything by this war, they have, because of the vocal idiocy of this member (who, while not the whole of Oculus, has taken on the voice of it...even if those in Oculus try the "he is just one member" argument), taken on the exact traits they thought were so despicable in MI6.   

I have no horse in this race.  I don't particularly care for, not really like, any of the AAs involved (though I will say I have always respected STA for the class acts they are).  I already told you I am apathetic, so I won't be participating in any action that gets the loudmouthed hypocrites in Oculus rolled.  I will however watch from the sideline watching turnabout happen.  You all have made MI6 the classy AA in this conflict.   It's an accomplishment I thought impossible.

Time to cue sarcastic clapping.

Congratulations Oculus?  

You've become the problem for which you pretended to be the solution.

I can get being offended by posts that are harsh in tone, but I'm not really sure how the fact that it's an individual giving his opinion from a very personal standpoint in response to other snipes makes them a spokesman for anything and this seems like a pretty big overreaction. Just saying that doesn't make it the case. If this line of reasoning is followed and the precedent set where everyone has to be worried about even one member being considered to have taken on the role of spokesman for not even just one alliance but even a multi-lateral organization in case someone is offended, you'll find this place more barren than it already has become. 

Edited by Monster

I can get being offended by posts that are harsh in tone, but I'm not really sure how the fact that it's an individual giving his opinion from a very personal standpoint in response to other snipes makes them a spokesman for anything and this seems like a pretty big overreaction. Just saying that doesn't make it the case. If this line of reasoning is followed and the precedent set where everyone has to be worried about even one member being considered to have taken on the role of spokesman for not even just one alliance but even a multi-lateral organization in case someone is offended, you'll find this place more barren than it already has become. 

This entire war was an overreaction to people saying mean things.

For the Siberian Tiger Alliance:

Crown Prince Mishka of Tygaland

Supreme Chancellor of the Siberian Tiger Alliance

High Priest and Grand Arbiter of the Cybernations Church of Moralism

You can put all the titles beneath your name here but it doesn't change the fact that you got pounded to hell this war by me. TWICE!!! LOSER.

You can put all the titles beneath your name here but it doesn't change the fact that you got pounded to hell this war by me. TWICE!!! LOSER.

So classy. Thankfully your response is in the minority.

Laughing my socks off.  Tell me what sort of alternate reality does a babbling non entity like you exist in?  Let me give you some statistics from this war.

This is you, a total of 7 wars and a total 73,722 damage dealt.

And this is Tyga, 21 wars against mu;ltiple opponents every time and damage dealt 248,177 which was more than the damage he took despite the fact he had nothing but two daily nukes the majority of which were thwarted.  He dealt more damage than ALL nations in the war except for 10.  Unlike you who is so far down the rankings and so irrelevant I didn't even bother checking the loser ranking you have.  But continue with that type of absurdity because believe me everyone on both sides knows how ludicrous it is.

And actually if you want come ahead.  Come pound me to hell.  You and me one on one.  You have thousands more tech than I do and 25 nukes to my zero.  Not even a contest right?  How could you lose?  Oh wait a minute I know how.  Because then you would find out what it's like to be a REAL loser facing someone who has only one war against a loser like you despite the fact you're still outgunning them.

The trash that makes up NPOcculus is out in full effect in this thread. Good thing people get rolled around here for being arrogant or having a treaty with someone who has a treaty with someone who is.

Thank you forever STA. You're easily the best allies we could ever ask for or have ever had. Amazing to actually have an ally who defends you no matter what rather than one who tries to dictate your entire existence. 

Wish we could have helped more MI6. It's tough sledding out there when it's 10 or 15 vs 1 but I managed to drag down 291,000 NS with me in my final alliance war on Bob.

Your depth of stupidity amazes me.

Happy rebuilding to everyone involved.

With respect, if it amazes you at this point, you just haven't paid sufficient attention previously.

Some of the rebuilding effort will need to be directed toward reputations, except obviously in the case of those such as STA who performed to the high standard all who know them expected. I hope the animus toward MI6 has cleared sufficiently that they can now build a new place in the diplomatic landscape of Bob.

We don't apologize for things no human being on earth could fix that we didn't do.

*tear* And after all of the poaching I did for you guys this past week. I'll have you know that KoningXander, MeNoSurrender, and Nettles all promised to join MI6 or "Dude's nation dies". I'm not sure about that last part, but they seemed sincere enough.

That's a conundrum for all of the lawyers in this thread. If an NGer poaches members for MI6, is that a CB? If so, for which alliance?

Lol. What an incredibly stupid surrender term. Sorry Mi6, I guess you forced our hand and brought this upon yourselves.

I invite all of your members to stop by the Mi6 embassy on our forums to understand how to create a friendly and becoming environment that results in desirable incidents across the spectrum.

Those were my exact thoughts when I read this too.

Congrats Umbrella.

Edited by IYIyTh

As much fun as this was, I am quite disappointed to see my side stoop to demanding the whole rear-licking apology nonsense. It seems almost hypocritical after the basis of the war boils downs to MI6 being a bit cheeky.

This should not become the norm for Oculus.

Nor for folks who actually did nothing but instigate such conflict intentionally for nearly a year before going through with their plans.

I guess we'll just all wait for Natan to think up something more ambitious for Umbrella other than having folks do its bidding for it.

Until then have to settle for Pacifica picking and choosing which old friend to throw down the stairs next. 

An apology might've been warranted, but the wrong people wrote it.

Edited by IYIyTh

Nor for folks who actually did nothing but instigate such conflict intentionally for nearly a year before going through with their plans.

I guess we'll just all wait for Natan to think up something more ambitious for Umbrella other than having folks do its bidding for it and until then have to settle for Pacifica picking and choosing which old friend to throw down the stairs next.

Hooray, Myf is back to remind us what the war was really about! I missed you, Myf. I hear you even have forums now. Fancy!

Hooray, Myf is back to remind us what the war was really about! I missed you, Myf. I hear you even have forums now. Fancy!

If you would like to continue telling the world about how it was about the terrible decisions MI6 or TPF made or how the clearly forced apology is worth what it's written on I'm more than comfortable listening to what merit it has.

If you would like to continue telling the world about how it was about the terrible decisions MI6 or TPF made or how the clearly forced apology is worth what it's written on I'm more than comfortable listening to what merit it has.

I just know most of your AA mates are stoics or fun. There was a serious worry about my yearly tear quota. And here you are! The quota is saved!

Your depth of stupidity amazes me.

Happy rebuilding to everyone involved.

Reminder your alliance signed multiple treaties with the alliances whom are giving their best "MI6 Impressions", except for the fact it's not acting. You and I have never exactly been best of friends but surely you can note the hypocrisy of the OP followed by the posts of at least 4 members of your bloc. Does Pacifica really need to be allies with those people to feel secure, even with the massive statistical advantage over any 3 alliances put together besides IRON or GPA?

You very clearly are a member of a group whose entire objective so far has proven to be making this place as barren as possible, you want this place to thrive again? Take a risk that's less than 5:1 odds and you might find yourself able to actually speak upon that particular subject.

This entire war was an overreaction to people saying mean things.

Also this is an acceptable reply to you Roq.