A call for mass-disbandment

Master Holton

With the recent [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/127275-goons-achieves-total-victory/]disbandment of long-standing alliance GOONS[/url], I'm sure more people than just myself began looking at our world in a truly cynical light.

We have a very short list of alliances that contain more than 100 members. A quick glance at the [url=http://www.cybernations.net/alliance_all.asp?Page=1&Order=DESC&Field=Total_Nations]alliance listing[/url] might shock a few of you older players that might not have been watching too closely to the decline of our world.

I'm here to discuss the light left in this world, not speculate or complain about its eventual end. There are 355 alliances on the listing as of this post. Could you list more than 20 alliances that you would consider active participants in our world off the top of your head? I probably couldn't.

My point here is that while noble efforts are being made by a handful of people in a multitude of alliances to keep their AA alive and viable for the next global war, perhaps it's time for a cultural perspective change. Your inactive alliance may have once been great, and it will always provide for great feeling of nostalgia but for our world to continue to thrive and hopefully create a feeling of nostalgia for a new generation of rulers, we need to learn to recognize when to call it quits.

Rather than try to breathe life back into a dead alliance, disband or resign from the alliance as individuals. Join an active alliance and let your old friends who only log in to collect taxes every twenty days continue to do so on a dead AA.

We have so many groups that are barely breathing and disbandment is seen as a last resort after every other option is exhausted, and sometimes it isn't ever seen as an option. People would rather camp a dead AA rather than move and continue playing the political game. I hope this post at least sparks some conversation within a few inactive AA's in the hopes that the active players may better contribute to a wider world.

Go ahead.

Haha!

Sometimes a little war is important in rejuvenating inactive alliances into activity. It worked for SNX, we've had alot of formerly inactive or quiet members step forward and become the new officers with fresh mindsets and ambitions. I can't imagine that my officers would be nearly as active if they simply capitulated and merged into larger alliances... being part of established alliances is part of what killed their activity in the first place.

The problem is when dead-weight (both in government and membership) is allowed to accumulate through stagnation... there are alot of alliances with overly-content governments who should be overthrown and replaced by more ambitious members. This isn't necessarily a function of size, but rather political establishment. SNX met a huge reactionary resistance when we overthrew the prior Imperium, and this reaction was in part motivated by the desire of the established political class to repress the producerist revolution. Because there is a growing fear that what happened in SNX will happen in more AAs.

Disbanding Alliances isn't the key to improving this world, producerism is. The active must succeed the inactive, the ambitious must overthrow the content, the producer must kill the parasite.

All AAs should disband...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

One small point: there are plenty of "active" alliances that still don't do shit except collect taxes and go to war when their more politically involved allies tell them it's time. Even if everyone from the unresponsive (truly dead) AA's joins these guys, we'll still end up with a system where a handful of alliances drive all the action.

So if you're going to leave an alliance that's gone inactive, you might as well join one of the few AA's that aren''t just active but actual drivers of politics.

Prodigal Moon makes a great point. We have this incorrectly conceived notion that activity is the best thing for an alliance. Unfortunately activity doesn't always mean direction. I think all alliances should disband and then people who actually have agendas should draft all the active members.

Prodigal Moon makes a great point. We have this incorrectly conceived notion that activity is the best thing for an alliance. Unfortunately activity doesn't always mean direction. I think all alliances should disband and then people who actually have agendas should draft all the active members.

Why not simply have revolutions? Im sure there are many newer and more ambitious nations who could provide better direction than that of crusty old infra-huggers.

All alliances should disband and all the people should join GPA. 

Imagine all the people, living live in peace? You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope some day you'll join us and the world will be as one.

A very insightful thought.

Polaris is plenty active!

.... you've sold me Daj.... next board of directors meeting we have at the NPL I'll raise this new fangled merger idea to the top of the agenda!

All alliances should disband and all the people should join GPA.

Imagine all the people, living live in peace? You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope some day you'll join us and the world will be as one.

Get back in ya cage hippy! :wub:

Edited by King Wally