Land Cap bug

Auctor

Whatever the case may be, I believe that a discussion has to be held on this topic.

Excessive land is, in my eyes and the eyes of others, a game exploit and to increase the cap further without discussion when so many people oppose it even being as high as it is would be a mistake.

Indeed, I would like to continue advocating that it is dropped down to a more reasonable 100,000 units; the earning potential of nations at 500,000 is just too ridiculously high when you compare it to the nations that are at the far end of their battle range (alternatively, removing the +-250 nation war range and removing the cap would be, in my opinion, a reasonable measure)

Unless it is not a bug, but a feature. ( my favorite programming out btw ).

:P

But yes, I do feel this is the place to discuss it, rather than to give admin the erroneous impression that there is no objection to correcting this 'bug'.

lmao @ getting called out on the lie the first time and not even giving a fuck and just doing the same thing again but with a larger cap

he's probably just doing it that way so things don't get too out of hand without him being notified first by people looking to raise it higher

lmao @ getting called out on the lie the first time and not even giving a $%&@ and just doing the same thing again but with a larger cap

he's probably just doing it that way so things don't get too out of hand without him being notified first by people looking to raise it higher

Tbh, things are already out of hand. Cuba, the nation who has encountered this 'bug', currently makes something in the region of 120 million dollars in profit (to be clear, after bills are taking into account) each day; even ignoring the military advantages he has, it's ridiculous to expect nations like these to fight him.

Tbh, things are already out of hand. Cuba, the nation who has encountered this 'bug', currently makes something in the region of 120 million dollars in profit (to be clear, after bills are taking into account) each day; even ignoring the military advantages he has, it's ridiculous to expect nations like these to fight him.

I don't see what the problem is, maybe that smaller nation should raid other nations and waste other people's donation bonuses to grow faster to get the land to compete, surely this cycle hasn't had a negative impact on our world at all!

Edited by Mogar

I don't see what the problem is, maybe that smaller nation should raid other nations and waste other people's donation bonuses to grow faster to get the land to compete, surely this cycle hasn't had a negative impact on our world at all!

Agreed. People should take lessons from those who have gotten their land to the levels they are at now and try to imitate instead of hating.  

Agreed. People should take lessons from those who have gotten their land to the levels they are at now and try to imitate instead of hating.  

Yeah, just so long as everyone ignores the fact that playstyle kills this world it'll be fine, not like Admin requires the donations or anything.

Although I've stated in the past that the cap was removed, there are pieces of code that rely on a cap, and I therefore simply raised it to a level that I did not expect anyone to reach for a long time. The cap will remain at its current level rather than continually shifting it upward.

Although I've stated in the past that the cap was removed, there are pieces of code that rely on a cap, and I therefore simply raised it to a level that I did not expect anyone to reach for a long time. The cap will remain at its current level rather than continually shifting it upward.

How does this make any sense? You just admitted once again you didn't mean for there to be a cap. If the game code requires some type of cap to exist to function, than that is understandable. You also state that you raised it to a level you didn't think anyone would reach for a long time, another way of saying, no cap but an arbitrary number was chosen just for the code. When someone has reached your arbitrary cap, all sense would say you just pick another even higher arbitrary number and move the cap to that. Why punish/stop players from growing their nation when you didn't want it that way in the first place. 

How does this make any sense? You just admitted once again you didn't mean for there to be a cap. If the game code requires some type of cap to exist to function, than that is understandable. You also state that you raised it to a level you didn't think anyone would reach for a long time, another way of saying, no cap but an arbitrary number was chosen just for the code. When someone has reached your arbitrary cap, all sense would say you just pick another even higher arbitrary number and move the cap to that. Why punish/stop players from growing their nation when you didn't want it that way in the first place. 

To be fair, an area of influence of 500,000 miles in diameter works out to be about 1000 times the surface area of the earth, or about 8x that of Jupiter.

Not that game mechanics have to make real-world sense, but to give that number into some perspective. :P

Edited by Wilcroft

I'd be more interested to know if tech and infra have unreached caps. Till then how's its stopping growth?

Is this a serious question; as the answer is quite straightforward. Nations at the cap can no longer purchase any land to grow their nation even larger. 

Is this a serious question; as the answer is quite straightforward. Nations at the cap can no longer purchase any land to grow their nation even larger. 

Yes the tech and infra question was serious. Also buying land at that level would bill lock a player.

Perhaps. However it is up to the ruler to decide how he/she wants to spend her money. Secondly, you are stopping a nation from acquiring anymore land from a war by not raising the cap. Another way potential growth is limited.