How do Mods and Admins Determine if Multiple Nations are Controlled by One User

USMC123

I know this has been asked before and the mods and admins have refused to answer, but I believe we deserve some transparency on the procedures used to determine this.

There have been several bannings of high profile CN players who have otherwise been upstanding members of this community for this rule violation (see the recent examples of Walsh and Sir Kiloist) and any offers to prove they are not breaking the rules are ignored.

If there is to be a rule allowing multiple users to use the same network, we should be informed as to how mods and admins can ban players for breaking it with so much certainty that they are unwilling to consider appeals containing evidence of innocence.

I have no idea how game moderators could possibly know if it is one user controlling multiple nations or multiple users controlling their own individual nations without some sort of illegal activity (i.e. hacking webcams, etc.).

As it stands, I think anyone can see this rule is difficult to truly enforce, and there should be a easy appeals process for those caught foul of it, and I think the majority of CN members would agree.

tl;dr

How are you determining if one player is controlling multiple nations?

If you are unwilling to tell us, why are you not allowing members to appeal these bans and restoring their nations if they prove they are not in fact controlling multiple nations?

How can you enforce this rule with such certainty without physically witnessing a given offender break this rule?

I'm pretty sure this type of thing is simply done as they see fit. And why wouldn't it be? It's pretty hard to tell if one is a multi or not, thus situations are investigated and if something stands out, they ban said person. 

Whether their determining is right or wrong is a bit irrelevant. This game belongs to Admin and he has the final say in anything that happens to it. The fact we are even allowed to play it is entirely at his will.

It may be his game yes, but it's pretty damn !@#$%* to change a rule to open the game up to more people, then turn around and turn it into a honeypot and start blindsiding people with bans, then refusing to even consider evidence that might point to a wrongful banning.

e: It is still open, but if it's being handled at all like I've been told Walsh's is, the mods probably just forgot to close it.

Edited by USMC123

This thread is closed for discussion of moderation issues.

If you feel someone is in violation of the rules by operating multiple nations, report it in the appropriate moderation forum or privately message a mod.

Anyone who is deleted is always more than welcome to message admin or mods about the decision. You can also email admin at webmaster@cybernations.net.

As for the ins and outs for how multis are determined that will not be released. However, I will say since the modification of allowing multiple users from a single location, IP address are never used as a sole basis in determining someone's status as a multi. It has to be quite apparent that multiple nations are being utilized by a singular human user.