Ramblings from the Imperial Rocking Chair

Dajobo

An unfortunate attitude cultivated over the years by someone who never struggled for his throne. It is the words of one, regardless of poetic or authoritarian qualities, who resents and fears the struggles and accomplishments of others, who relies on an authority derived from the triumphs of the past, and fears to commit to the conquests of the future. The Moral Law is necessary in ensuring success on the battlefield; but making it a white elephant is simply a mask for complacency.

Here along the shores of the Pirate Kingdom there is an over-abundance of tech. In fact, there is such prosperity that barely any of the tech produced by SNX has been shipped to our allies. So much for being a tech farm for the bowl-smearers. My proposals for simple reforms using google docs was mocked but I feel justified knowing that my allies have achieved 80%+ aid slot efficiency with such simple means. Despite the forecasts of failure, SNX too will achieve such prosperity. So can Polar, if the old attitudes are rejected.

There is plenty of drive in Polar to succeed, it is just brow-beaten by claims of moral supremacy and suppressed by attitudes that are past their usefulness. I do not tolerate defeatism in my alliance for a reason, and it's high time that it shouldn't be in Polar either.

Oh dear, an admonishment from Junka because I don't have any desire to rule the world?  Truly deeply sincerely from the bottom of my black black heart, if I want advice on anything at all, except of course how to flipflop like a fish in a net, I will not be seeking it from you.  Likewise if I ever want the concept of ''context'' or comprehension explained, you will be the very last person I try.  Enjoy whatever it is you have, it is this attitude of superiority from a demonstrated track record of abject failure after failure that found your every suggestion rejected.  Please continue thinking you are someone that deserves some respect from someone, I will continue believing you are amongst the world's greatest try-hards.

I guess if at first and at second and at third and ad-finitum you don't succeed you can always join them?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess if at first and at second and at third and ad-finitum you don't succeed you can always join them?

He's been obsessed with NPO since his return, he was cast out for awhile, and wormed his way under the fringes of their colossal shadow. 

An interesting topic Dajobo.  I would agree with some of your assertions, but I think the reality is really quite different.  Planet Bob is consuming itself and our natural resources are nearing exhaustion, we have already descended into a post-apocalyptic world where survival is counted as a victory and anything anyone else has is always up for grabs if you need to fuel your suicide machine.  There is little interesting to still evolve, we have seen once mighty alliances degrade themselves by association, we have seen once mighty alliances disappear without a whimper and we have seen the rise of the neutral who has managed to stay out of the destruction of the world and, despite recent events, remain at the top of the now irrelevant pecking order.

BTW, attacking Polaris serves no actual purpose, attacking MI6 would similarly achieve almost nothing, any pleasure in rolling alliances so far behind in real terms is fairly hollow even for the idiot ruling class.  The reality is those two alliances are the only safe bet, everything else triggers so many treaty conflicts that even the best crayon drawings would struggle to allow some alliances to fight anyone.

As for NPO, who cares, evidently no one else does, they are free to do as they wish as has been the case for all but a very short period.  Thank goodness as they are probably the only ones capable of restoring any kind of a heart beat to the wastelands of Bob.  Whether anyone wants the heart beat or not is entirely a different manner.

Polaris will never return to any sort of position of power on Bob because it lacks the fundamental drive to do so.  As Frawley rightly points out regularly we are lagging well behind the race and we have been lapped several times, our clapped out Kombi isn't going to ever be competitive with the smarmy Z3 Pacific is driving. I like our Kombi though and couldn't really give a toss about Frawley the Merchant Banker and his opinions of our economic performance, but it does make good fodder for drive-by potshots.  Hard to be wrong when you are right after all.

If there are interesting moves to be made, they will happen because people want to do something different rather than huddle together in one large mass, defaming and deriding anything that suits their agenda or lack thereof. 

I am an anti-Christ
I am an anarchist,
Don't know what I want
But I know how to get it
I want to destroy the passerby
'Cause I want to be anarchy,
No dogs body

I want to disagree that there isn't a drive for success in Polaris, but you are in said alliance and I am not so I won't really argue that point.

I will support your statement that rolling Polar (again) for no reason is one of the most boring ideas that anyone has ever come up with. Any person, moralist or realpolitik, can see that Pacifica&friends have made some terrible mistake.

Morally, even if you wanted to try and use the Disorder War as reason to roll Polar (and TOP?), you cannot seriously look at people like DBDC, Umbrella, and the other ex-Doomhouse people and say that they have paid their dues? Have you, NPO, so quickly forgotten how many curbstomps you suffered at the hands of these people?

Even using the argument of realpolitik and "we made a new hegemony" etc only goes so far until you realize that the only real threats to your power are your direct allies or one chain away. Not to mention how fucking boring it is to continuously roll the same, unchanged group of people for 5th or 6th time now?

Morally, even if you wanted to try and use the Disorder War as reason to roll Polar (and TOP?), you cannot seriously look at people like DBDC, Umbrella, and the other ex-Doomhouse people and say that they have paid their dues? Have you, NPO, so quickly forgotten how many curbstomps you suffered at the hands of these people?

I don't really ascribe to the philosophy of "let's keep a grudge going because we lost a war". Especially not when these wars are half a decade ago, but even something slightly more recent such as disorder. People paying their dues? Given the amount and spread of people that have been in an NPO rolling, if we sat around in angst waiting for dues to be paid we'd end up becoming a peripheral alliance allied to the small handful of people we haven't been rolled by in an eternal quest for revenge.

But sitting and stewing in a rage and thirst for revenge is mentally taxing, so I gave it up after the first couple of years.

I don't really ascribe to the philosophy of "let's keep a grudge going because we lost a war". Especially not when these wars are half a decade ago, but even something slightly more recent such as disorder. People paying their dues? Given the amount and spread of people that have been in an NPO rolling, if we sat around in angst waiting for dues to be paid we'd end up becoming a peripheral alliance allied to the small handful of people we haven't been rolled by in an eternal quest for revenge.

But sitting and stewing in a rage and thirst for revenge is mentally taxing, so I gave it up after the first couple of years.

Indeed.

Pacifica long ago cast aside this notion of "grudges" as being remarkably unproductive. I was Emperor more than half a decade ago, and [i]I[/i] cast aside grudges, though many others on Planet Bob did not. 

It's a poor ruler whose only justification for spending blood and treasure are emotions and ill-feelings of years past. Pacifica spends neither so lightly.

He's been obsessed with NPO since his return, he was cast out for awhile, and wormed his way under the fringes of their colossal shadow. 

I want to disagree that there isn't a drive for success in Polaris, but you are in said alliance and I am not so I won't really argue that point.

I did not say we had no desire for success, just that we have never desired to rule the world.  I have no interest at all in seeing Polaris doing what is necessary to get to that point, I would rather we confine ourselves to what is achievable within the framework of what we are comfortable in doing.  Other alliances may well attach themselves to people they are ill-suited to being associated with to derive power, I no longer feel the need to be quite so pragmatic.  If we can have a relationship that is beneficial to both sides then we have a possible deal, if that possible deal doesn't compromise the fabric of who we are then we on, if not, it is of no consequence.  I would rather be rolled another 999 times than give in like Tywin did.

If we can have a relationship that is beneficial to both sides then we have a possible deal, if that possible deal doesn't compromise the fabric of who we are then we on, if not, it is of no consequence.  I would rather be rolled another 999 times than give in like Tywin did.

Half of this thread is NpO getting excited at potentially allying one of Doom Coalitions evil factions at a later date. How is that so much better than what Tywin did? Typical NpO lol.

Let's recount how I "gave in," contrary to my extensive record of... well... not giving in.

• Fought for two months within SNX to hold the alliance together and reform the idiotic divided government
  • Was vouched for by Dajobo and joined Polaris
  • Was awarded the Order Hero medal after being one of the top fighters last war
  • Served numerous jobs, including Press Director and Admissions Officer
  • Served as diplomat to SNX and tried to help SNX from within Polar
  • Got wind of cancellation

So, after all of this, I made a plea that Polaris not cancel on SNX, and promised I would work on restoring relations. My plea was ignored, and Polaris cancelled on SNX anyway, most likely with Grubs gleeful malice.

Returning to SNX, I gave my membership a vote, and 70% decide to "never capitulate." They rejected merging or disbandment as options. So I followed the will of the membership, fought the July Revolution and brokered a deal with Doom Kingdom, in addition to putting in, yet again, countless hours into reforms and internal improvements.

According to Grub, this is "giving in." Sorry, but from my perspective, I am not the one lacking in "fundamental drive."

Edited by Immortan Junka

Half of this thread is NpO getting excited at potentially allying one of Doom Coalitions evil factions at a later date. How is that so much better than what Tywin did? Typical NpO lol.

Look around and you'll find nowhere I have criticized Tywin or SNX for their decision and nowhere I have called the Doom factions evil.
More significantly, you'll find no comment at all on it from Polaris Government.
AlmightyGrub and myself get along really well and work together brilliantly. We also frequently disagree with each other and neither of us are Polar Government ;)

“Pacifica, DBDC, Polaris, MI6 – They are all just spokes on a wheel.

“This one’s on top, then that one’s on top, and on and on it spins, crushing those tech on the ground.

“GPA isn't going to stop the wheel….. We going to break the wheel!”

Fear the Neutral Menace.

I see one brief mention, maybe percentages work differently in your part of the world.  If and it is a massive if, Polaris was to treaty anyone, it would not to be their eternal tech farm and it would not involve total surrender of our core system of belief and total betrayal of every published rant over the previous 12 month period.

Typical NpO, sure, if you even understand what that is and given your lack of ability to solve x where it is a percentage of posts within a thread containing the concepts mentioned, then I am not sure you have a clue.   But don't let that stop you trying to score a funny point here and there for the bottom feeders.

I see one brief mention, maybe percentages work differently in your part of the world.  If and it is a massive if, Polaris was to treaty anyone, it would not to be their eternal tech farm and it would not involve total surrender of our core system of belief and total betrayal of every published rant over the previous 12 month period.

Typical NpO, sure, if you even understand what that is and given your lack of ability to solve x where it is a percentage of posts within a thread containing the concepts mentioned, then I am not sure you have a clue.   But don't let that stop you trying to score a funny point here and there for the bottom feeders.

That one brief mention being the OP? SNX isn't DK's eternal tech farm. As for Polar's published rants, are we only counting Polar gov or it's members/ex-Emperors? If we did count your rants, then yeah, you're probably going to end up allied to someone you've ranted about. Hell, we could end up allies one day. How about that? :D

Edited by Big Ego

“This one’s on top, then that one’s on top, and on and on it spins, crushing those tech on the ground.

Fear the Neutral Menace.

ITT GPA gives the world a CB.

Relax, I kid.

Or do I?

Haha hahaha hahahahaha

That one brief mention being the OP? SNX isn't DK's eternal tech farm. As for Polar's published rants, are we only counting Polar gov or it's members/ex-Emperors? If we did count your rants, then yeah, you're probably going to end up allied to someone you've ranted about. Hell, we could end up allies one day. How about that? :D

There is literally no imaginable situation where you and I end up directly allied unless you mistakenly join Polaris and someone doesn't notice it is you.  We are, without being funny, polar opposites.  Everything you believe, I despise, everything I believe, you despise.  There is no middle ground, I hold you in contempt and vice versa.  So, unless this is some kind of fantasy parallel universe kind of deal, Polaris will not be signing a treaty with your micro alliance any time before Bob implodes. 

I will concede there are alliances currently allied, in a general sense to you, that we share some small commonality with, and that I could imagine with a lot of work signing a treaty with, but I am sure they would be alliances that we have once been closer to than now and not a player from the nether regions of Doomsphere's arse.  At this stage I am, unlike Dajobo, more than happy to stand tall with my middle digit proudly raised in your general direction, and await whatever machinations lie ahead.  We are immovable, we are immortal and we won't be developing an anarchist mantra just to be accepted by the ADHD kiddies.  Unlike most of your component alliances, we have been here through thick and thin and we see no need to continually splinter and reform into ever increasing offshoots with ever increasingly stupid names.  We have danced on the graves of \m/ V1 and we have danced on the graves of \m/ V2 we will dance on the graves of whatever comes next.

I am an antichrist....

NPO has been playing it cautious and using the time they're not being targeted to focus on internal growth, rather than make any huge political waves. While other alliances are fighting various wars out of boredom, NPO has been focusing instead on setting as many records as possible and making sure the top NS spot is theirs.

While its easy for someone to think NPO hasn't been doing much of anything and aren't very relevant currently, they've built themselves up to being the highest NS alliance by a good margin & planted themselves in a strong position within the treaty web. Their political ties are based on strategic significance, rather than emotional ones. They've tied themselves to the current & former hegemony enough not to be targeted by them (including their most powerful former enemies), but if it goes up in flames NPO doesn't need to. In global wars they take part on the winning side enough not be the next target, while also not burning away their NS on any pointless losing wars.

Realpolitik at its finest. If NPO has any grudges, the ones they hold the grudge against won't know it until NPO's jackboot is to their throat & NPO's victory is already assured.

Edited by Methrage

NPO has been playing it cautious and using the time they're not being targeted to focus on internal growth, rather than make any huge political waves. While other alliances are fighting various wars out of boredom, NPO has been focusing instead on setting as many records as possible and making sure the top NS spot is theirs.

While its easy for someone to think NPO hasn't been doing much of anything and aren't very relevant currently, they've built themselves up to being the highest NS alliance by a good margin & planted themselves in a strong position within the treaty web. Their political ties are based on strategic significance, rather than emotional ones. They've tied themselves to the current & former hegemony enough not to be targeted by them (including their most powerful former enemies), but if it goes up in flames NPO doesn't need to. In global wars they take part on the winning side enough not be the next target, while also not burning away their NS on any pointless losing wars.

Realpolitik at its finest. If NPO has any grudges, the ones they hold the grudge against won't know it until NPO's jackboot is to their throat & NPO's victory is already assured.

I mean I don't know if you actually thing much of what you say is correct.

I mean I don't know if you actually thing much of what you say is correct.

Your nation is fairly new in the scheme of things, so its not surprising your perception of them is limited. However I think my analysis was pretty accurate.

Fear the Neutral Menace.

*ahem*

Dear Polaris,

Roll the neutrals?

All the best,

- kz

Your nation is fairly new in the scheme of things, so its not surprising your perception of them is limited. However I think my analysis was pretty accurate.

Arr yes because nation age is the basis of someone's experience in this game. By all means tell me how all of your nation age is doing you?

Arr yes because nation age is the basis of someone's experience in this game. By all means tell me how all of your nation age is doing you?

Nation age is literally how long you've been experiencing the game, so yes it is? If you haven't experienced something, your knowledge on it will be limited. You can't speak from experience on anything from before your first nation was created.

*ahem*

Dear Polaris,

Roll the neutrals?

All the best,

- kz

Had some in the current hegemonic faction actually followed through with that plan instead of rolling Polaris last war we'd be in a much different world.

but if it goes up in flames NPO doesn't need to. In global wars they take part on the winning side enough not be the next target, while also not burning away their NS on any pointless losing wars.

It'd be kinda hard for us not to be going up in flames if all our allies are. Our plan would generally be preventing the flames rather than seeking an exit route.

And I don't think it's fair to claim that the NPO doesn't burn NS in war. We lost 6.6m NS in the last one - highest after IRON for our side. And the wars before that were not kind for us either. Our advantage always lies in our ability to grow and bounce back, not in having fronts where we don't burn. We have after all more than doubled our NS in the last 6 months.