Look here for pole errrr poll

berbers

Poll because why not (SnX related)  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted no.

There probably would have been some raiding, but not this extent. Provoking Tywin is 100% of the reason for me personally.

e: Not sure why reason became phone O.o

Edited by USMC123

I voted no.

There probably would have been some raiding, but not this extent. Provoking Tywin is 100% of the phone for me personally.

This I think is most accurate. Tywin trolling on the OWF was the nail in the coffin

I'm gonna say no, definitely not to the extent it has been so far. And seeing as most of the people who actually planned this little shindig are saying no, well seems like you've got your answer!

Lets just assume for a second that this truly is the motive for NSO's involvement in this dickery. Aren't you then using an act of war to do two things:

1. Punish people for posting things you don't like on the OWF.

2. Trying to steal an alliances sovereignty and forcing them to choose gov that you like.

Just a little bit of a history lesson for you. Prior to Karma, people were upset at NPO for doing the same things in the Pre-Karma war. NPO rolled people who posted things they didn't like, and they made alliances sign peace treaties that required them to never put certain people in gov. A lot of people who were against these things and vocally fought against them were in Vox, and after Vox disbanded, many of them joined NSO. Its a shame to see NSO fall so far from those roots.

Lets just assume for a second that this truly is the motive for NSO's involvement in this dickery. Aren't you then using an act of war to do two things:

2. Trying to steal an alliances sovereignty and forcing them to choose gov that you like.

Just a little bit of a history lesson for you. Prior to Karma, people were upset at NPO for doing the same things in the Pre-Karma war. NPO rolled people who posted things they didn't like, and they made alliances sign peace treaties that required them to never put certain people in gov. A lot of people who were against these things and vocally fought against them were in Vox, and after Vox disbanded, many of them joined NSO. Its a shame to see NSO fall so far from those roots.

Well 1 is pretty accurate yup. 2 not so much. We haven't demanded SNX remove Tywin, Nor will we. Tywin leaving gov isn't a pre-condition of peace. The NPO-Vox comparisons are, ah, a bit over the top wouldn't you say?

Well 1 is pretty accurate yup. 2 not so much. We haven't demanded SNX remove Tywin, Nor will we. Tywin leaving gov isn't a pre-condition of peace. The NPO-Vox comparisons are, ah, a bit over the top wouldn't you say?

Right now I could probably list 20 posts on the NpO cancellation thread where people claim that they're doing SNX a service. I'm not too worried about being over the top.

Right now I could probably list 20 posts on the NpO cancellation thread where people claim that they're doing SNX a service. I'm not too worried about being over the top.

Yes, none of them could possibly be joking.

Another MI6 member without a sense of humor. Hoooray. Now I know why we run you all off of our forums.

When can I expect opaque overreaction to criticism from you? Now, now, don't let Myth do everything for you.

I voted no.

Would they have been raided without Tywin? Perhaps. The question is, by whom? I think many of the current participants would not have taken part. (I would not be doing this without Tywin's stellar leadership of SNX. Hell, I've been disappointed at the absence of an impenetrable, semi-literate WoT from him.

I think they likely would of been raided regardless, although with leadership they have better chances of surviving this.

have

HAVE

HAVE

The biggest reason they are being raided is because NpO cancelled on them leaving them without any m-level treaties (and thus very vulnerable).  Sure perhaps Tywin was part of the reason, but honestly does anyone think they would've been raided had Tywin joined and Polaris still held a treaty with them?

Edited by HM Solomon I

When you really think about it, aren't these quite literally why all wars are started? I mean, #1 especially.

The biggest reason they are being raided is because NpO cancelled on them leaving them without any m-level treaties (and thus very vulnerable).  Sure perhaps Tywin was part of the reason, but honestly does anyone think they would've been raided had Tywin joined and Polaris still held a treaty with them?

You're talking two separate matters here. Polaris' cancellation was unrelated to Tywin. Had the treaty not been cancelled I'm sure they wouldn't have been under attack yet, but that doesn't mean ever.

What is really killing SNX is the same thing that created them, a lack of committed and active government combined with a lack of active support by the members for the few who did attempt to run the place. The alliances creating SNX merged for the exact same reason.

This I think is most accurate. Tywin trolling on the OWF was the nail in the coffin

I think the public announcement of the NpO Cancellation was, I think it being cancelled with no announcement would have been ideal.

Edited by Methrage