Top 20 alliances Analysis

Elite Virgin

We just say the things the rest of you are thinking, and people pretend to get angry over it.

And yeah, VE+IRON+Umbrella against us wasn't enough of a pummeling according to some. Go figure.

Yeah sorry, but "we have no filter" isn't a good quality, especially in war coalitions. There is a term for people who are deficient in the area of social competency and communication, and who demonstrate this behavior repetitively no matter how many times conventional wisdom would say they'd learn. I forget what it's called, let me get my medical dictionary...

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a safe forum, like the suggestion box, people should feel free to express their beliefs away from the tyranny of the top 250 oppression here.

If you say so...

wow wow wow ladies please, this popularity contests needs my touch as well.

• NPO. Has a touch of that umpalumpa characteristic, hard working. 
  • GPA. A bit of a dooped doo alliance on the green sphere, be neutral for all I care. 
  • IRON. Now, I've got a puzzle for you all, what will they do next, they're certainly iron strong those lads. 
  • Umbrella. Another umpalumpa alliance characteristics, we're just a bunch of guys up to no good. 
  • NpO. This one is one of those that's a bit doopedy dee, I personally have no care or sympathy towards them. 
  • WTF. Once a wise man said to me 'if you are wise you will listen to me', 'WTF are overated'.
  • ODN. Who do you blame when you have so much history, ODN, interesting guys though, good or for bad, still proven in the face of adversity.
  • VE. Once I remember them being heavily influenced by a brat, but these days all round gold. 
  • RNR. Hand bred and spoiled, like a siamese cat they still sneak back in after every war.
  • Sparta. The cool kids on the block, always the cool kid, but they can be decent enough therefore blaming the kids is a lie.
  • NATO. Some say they're bunch of old farts and of shame, but these guys aren't that bad, they're not at the fore front of any politics but loyal lads.
  • Valhalla. You know exactly who's to blame for the fall of AI hahaha, awesome guys, was awesome to see them come back round, great bunch of guys.
  • NEW. interesting. 
  • DT. Like the mother teresa, these guys are saints, one of the most genuine alliances out there, great guys!
  • MI6. I wonder if one of the fathers of the foundation of MI6 see's the alliances these days, I wonder what he thinks of me :(. 
  • Pax Corvus. Some could say they have a tad of a umpa lumpa characteristic, but who're they kidding, they're just deepady Da alliance.
  • FAN. If you're not spoiled then you can do in this alliance, funny guys with a backbone tbh. 
  • GOONS. 'Without Umbrella they will not go far', aids help but these guys are pretty tight, 82 nations, 70k ns average strength, although their slots filling % is low, they still good. 
  • FARK. Fark, why hate them, ask yourself, you will live in happiness to know they're gone? I think not. 
  • SNX. Wish they had that 'like the umpa lumpa characteristics' , but just a bunch of doopedy doo guys, hasty decision making with unkanjo. 
Edited by Amossio

1. NPO - The old guy who goes on about his past a lot, although you wonder how much is actually true.  As you grow and it doesn't, you suspect it will last as long as the universe itself.  Includes a faint smell of Scotch.

2. GPA - This will only end when realise that they can't cash in all of that useless infra for a free pizza and a coke.

3. IRON - Is it steroids?  Is it synthol?  All flex.

4. Umbrella - A strong case of OCD, perhaps.  More infra than tech?  Somebody will die.  Probably one of them.

5. NpO - An aggressive advertising campaign for a new brand of breath mints.

6. WTF - They're isolationist, not neutral, and still nobody cares.

7. ODN - Who needs a cheap lawyer to whine on their behalf.  Here you go.

8. VE - A green alliance that has someone allowed itself to live in the shadow of neutrals.  Let's hear it for them.

9. RNR - If science ever needs its fill of useless research, finding out what this alliance does would be a good start.

10. Sparta - Well...

11. NATO - They sat around and got a pip like the kid who sits around and gets a star.

12. Valhalla - If you haven't started, don't watch Vikings.  They've already ruined it for you.

13. NEW - A kid in the corner with a bowl cut who's cutting up his eraser to eat.  Just leave him alone

14. DT - Is it stormy out.  Clearly, one umbrella wasn't enough.

15. MI6 - Eggs, tea.. they bond by talking about food and drink.  A lumbering alliance, for sure.

16. Pax Corvus - The middle-aged woman obsessed with darkness and, would you believe it, cats.

17. FAN - Guns.  Yeah.  Woo.  Right...

18. GOONS - Controversial.  Nah, just kidding.  It's 2015 and nobody cares.

19. FARK - How many times can you recycle the same crappy jokes/whatever those things are?  We'll find out.

20. SNX - Wasn't this a snowboard game from years ago.

I'm kidding.  Calm down.

This is what I was looking for.

Edited by Chaoshawk

I would tell you posts like these don't help and show an alliance-wide persecution complex not seen since TPF in the Karma War, but I'm pretty sure MI6 has to know it and be doing it on purpose at this point.

Did you not read Kingzog's post? Not sure what you mean by alliance-wide persecution complex when we got rolled up by IRON-VE-Umbrella last war and people are still actively gunning to roll us. This is not a complex, just something that is there. 

Frankly, I can't wait for the casualties from the next time MI6 gets rolled up. I gots me an EMP now! So it is gonna be fun. Gotta get my arse in the top 3 damage dealers in MI6 next war, if not take back my #1 spot. 

As for pissing in people's cheerios, I don't give a fuck really. If people are going to get their panties in a twist over something said by MI6, while not batting an eye at some other random alliance saying the exact same thing, then let them. Makes me feel all special that they want to pay attention to us in such a fashion. 

Did you not read Kingzog's post? Not sure what you mean by alliance-wide persecution complex when we got rolled up by IRON-VE-Umbrella last war and people are still actively gunning to roll us. This is not a complex, just something that is there. 

Frankly, I can't wait for the casualties from the next time MI6 gets rolled up. I gots me an EMP now! So it is gonna be fun. Gotta get my arse in the top 3 damage dealers in MI6 next war, if not take back my #1 spot. 

As for pissing in people's cheerios, I don't give a $%&@ really. If people are going to get their panties in a twist over something said by MI6, while not batting an eye at some other random alliance saying the exact same thing, then let them. Makes me feel all special that they want to pay attention to us in such a fashion.

I thought I was being nice.

1. NPO - Chaos Space Marines :P

2. GPA - Kind of like the Elves from LOTR, but not so good at the ambushing thing

3. IRON - Blob of Orange and resident of foxfire

4. Umbrella - Kind of like the Tau, but minus "the Greater Good"

5. NpO - One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, one last blade forged in defiance of fate...

6. WTF - What the $%&@

7. ODN - The fresh citrus scent can't overcome OsRavan's smell

8. VE - Green Captain America

9. RNR - Fun targets

10. Sparta - It's not like the movie

11. NATO - The least of my former alliances

12. Valhalla - Failhalla. I KEED. You guys are cool.

13. NEW - Basically what Luckao said

14. DT - Probably the real reason I was removed as Hand

15. MI6 - Not IAA3

16. Pax Corvus - Neutrality doesn't work. Come join the civilized world.

17. FAN - A shadow of its former glory, alas.

18. GOONS - Basically Emperor Marx driving the short bus

19. FARK - A good source of beer reviews

20. SNX - Don't touch my baby.
Edited by Tywin Lannister

No, you've had a "come at us" mentality that led to people disliking you. That very quickly turned into paranoia that managed to push almost everyone possible away. People often describe MI6's diplomacy as "combative" rather than any words you'd want to be used. As The Esteemed Grand Master James Spanier said, mouthing off and using the excuse that you have no filter is not a good way to get your point across. If you'd fix some very simple mistakes, you'd be out of the hole you've dug yourselves in quick time. Instead, you keep wondering who's coming after you next and fulfilling your own prophecy.

• NPO. Obviously not the Pacifica of old, but anyone underestimating their influence is not paying attention. If they wanted to become snugglebunnies, I could support this. (Coming from me, this is something.) For their part, they're welcome to check our references. Our credit rating is pretty good, too.

Probably the best assessment that this thread will have of us.

• NPO - Chaos Space Marines :P

Seriously bro, how in the hell do you keep latching onto the !@#$ that I am having fandoms of at the time? First it was the Star Wars Old Republic !@#$, now it's Warhammer 40k? I'm not entirely convinced this isn't part of some giant conspiracy to troll me.

----------

Obligatory Top 20:

• NPO: I hope no one is banking on a second Vox Populi to intervene in assisting to take us down. 
  • IRON: Beat us to 2 million tech. ;) Solid folks who play by solid rules. 
  • GPA: No opinion. (We don't intend to repeat Woodstock, in case you were wondering.)
  • UMB: They keep it real.
  • NpO: I don't think I will ever quite understand some of the actions that your alliance took in the past.
  • WTF: No opinion.
  • VE: If CN was a horse race, VE would be the one who sneaks into the front from the middle of the pack around turn 3. 
  • ODN: Quirky, but good.
  • Sparta: I can kinda understand why you do what you do.  Kinda. *Scourge scratches his head.*
  • R&R: Solid and loyal.  Never strays from the path they set.
  • NATO: DDL keeps touching me...in adult ways.
  • Val: I just...I don't even know.
  • NEW: Cherish that one AA record you have while you still can, because we're gunning for it.
  • DT: Just wants to drink a beer and have five seconds of peace and quiet.
  • MI6: Obsessive, compulsive, and a bit psychotic.
  • PaxC: No opinion.
  • FAN: https://youtu.be/90lH3zn6oQw (best at 2x speed)
  • GOONS: Balanced Nutrition You'll Love With A Delicious Taste
  • FARK: It didn't have to be this way, but it is; a testament to Fark's persistent nature.
  • NG: Try the new NG!  Now with 25% fewer calorie-laden dick jokes.  It's GRRR-EAT!
Edited by Scourge

NPO. Like the Big Kid with a tough-guy exterior, but they're soft and squishy on the inside.
GPA. They like Green.
IRON. Ashley Furniture wants their logo back.
Umbrella. They have a knack for keeping me dry.
NpO. Welcome to Polar, Home of the Polar, May I take your order?
WTF. Self-explanatory 
ODN. Doesn't the new sprite have orange in it or something?
VE. Still chugging along
RNR. Their HQ must be in Hawaii or Guam.
Sparta. 300 sucked. 
NATO. Berbers was cute that one time he tried trolling #MI6
Valhalla. Love talking to them
NEW. Translator please.
DT. I miss Bob. 
MI6. Bunch of anuses.
Pax Corvus. Still around?
FAN. Forums suck.
GOONS. Sardonic was pretty cool.
FARK. Neat fellows.
SNX. I got nothing. It's way too easy.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

I thought I was being nice.

Actually, your assessment was accurate in my opinion. Nice or not, it was good. :P

No, you've had a "come at us" mentality that led to people disliking you. That very quickly turned into paranoia that managed to push almost everyone possible away. People often describe MI6's diplomacy as "combative" rather than any words you'd want to be used. As The Esteemed Grand Master James Spanier said, mouthing off and using the excuse that you have no filter is not a good way to get your point across. If you'd fix some very simple mistakes, you'd be out of the hole you've dug yourselves in quick time. Instead, you keep wondering who's coming after you next and fulfilling your own prophecy.

I am all for MI6 fixing our mistakes but at the same point people will simply have to realize that we aren't lackeys or scared kids they can push around either. I like Lowsten but people love to take potshots at MI6 whenever possible. So according to you and Lowsten, we should let these other people mouth off and have no filter against us while we keep our mouths shut? We did try that. It got us nowhere. So yeah. People describe us as combative because we dare to defend ourselves and our alliances when we are insulted. Oh well. If that is combative, wtf do you call the people who insult us?

Also, just look at the recent past. It is not some kind of self-fulfilling prophecy that there are alliances that would love to roll us. 

Actually, your assessment was accurate in my opinion. Nice or not, it was good. :P

I am all for MI6 fixing our mistakes but at the same point people will simply have to realize that we aren't lackeys or scared kids they can push around either. I like Lowsten but people love to take potshots at MI6 whenever possible. So according to you and Lowsten, we should let these other people mouth off and have no filter against us while we keep our mouths shut? We did try that. It got us nowhere. So yeah. People describe us as combative because we dare to defend ourselves and our alliances when we are insulted. Oh well. If that is combative, wtf do you call the people who insult us?

Also, just look at the recent past. It is not some kind of self-fulfilling prophecy that there are alliances that would love to roll us. 

Face it Doch, you have a history of joining alliances who wont bow and kiss the arse of the powers of the day. I say it's all your fault!

I was just being honest. Your ambassador to NoR has put up with a lot, and has taken it all gracefully. A lot of folks want to hold you down and beat you with a brick. I'm not one of them. Oh, mayhaps I shouldn't have left that part out.

You don't seem to understand, people take potshots and 'mouth off' to you because you've already arrived at a level where you've put a bad taste in the mouths of just about everyone. You don't get a do over because you want one, you actually have to work towards fixing your image, and in your case being combative is just reaffirming why people don't like you. Big surprise, people will hate you no matter what, the issue is actually getting along with a group (or putting up with), instead of doing things like bungling the structural integrity of war coalitions because you think you're the hottest alliance since ever. Then there's the whole systematic repulsing of your allies because MI6 doesn't know how to play to any of the powers that be. Don't be lackeys if you don't want to, but realize that if you want powerful friends instead of powerful enemies, you need to stay your tongue instead of wiggling it at every given opportunity.

It is was self-fulfilling prophecy and you already fulfilled the criteria, you're beyond that point. You saw threats everywhere and systematically managed to get yourself run out of allies with real connections. There is an alliance that would love to roll just about anyone, and you played straight to their hand. I'd say you have to mend bridges to avoid it, but they're pretty thoroughly burned. And I can tell you, the strategy of picking up peripheral's peripherals works toward it to, because if powers that be so decide, they can be acceptable collateral. I just wonder how long a coalition with MI6 and the likes of TPF and TIO would last in actual practice.

And maybe you're about to pull a high profile treaty out from under your hat in the coming days or weeks, and hopefully MI6 looks at their recent history, grits their teeth, and begrudgingly keeps their thoughts on this ally to themselves when push comes to shove, because I believe speak for a lot of CN when I say there are more interesting pursuits than rounding off this MI6 saga.

Lowsten handled this pretty well, but I'll just add in that it's not just that you defend yourselves from critics, it's how you do it.

The discussion of MI6 includes some analysis, as foreshadowed in the thread title. The rest of the thread is not analysis: it's either opinion or one step up from "yo momma" one-liners. While there are no doubt a couple of dopamine hits to be come by that way, it's not going to tax anyone's pre-frontal cortex. Who's going to step up with some actual analysis?

The discussion of MI6 includes some analysis, as foreshadowed in the thread title. The rest of the thread is not analysis: it's either opinion or one step up from "yo momma" one-liners. While there are no doubt a couple of dopamine hits to be come by that way, it's not going to tax anyone's pre-frontal cortex. Who's going to step up with some actual analysis?

Two years ago I might've went in depth, but these days I don't know jack :(

We're quite capable of surviving on our own -- I am still waiting for all of those who have felt the need to lift their voices in disdain towards MI6 to lift a finger (their own, preferably -- as opposed to forcing others to try to do their dirty work,) about us.

I will be more than happy to ensure the alliance or alliances that comes after us under such a pathetic circumstance incurs an enduring regret about it.

The sentiment isn't something unique to MI6 I suppose. I expect some others might feel the same way about their own alliance. However, this has gone on for quite some time now and having to endure unwarranted treatment we have tempered ourselves quite well. I feel rather confident with what and who we have assembled here as proven fighters and overall great folks we will torch even the most capable fighters in the most daunting quantity levied against us.

Perhaps that is why to this day all I have seen are words while we have grown at an exceptional rate. Or perhaps folks don't trust their "allies," as much as they would care to admit.

I tire over the back and forth -- these are just more words and talk is cheap.

Edited by IYIyTh

I mean if being cowardly is the new cool thing around here, more power to folks.

People seem to have this strange concept of how things work where they're allowed to treat others like shit and expect them to take it. Then claim some sort of high ground when they're told off as if they didn't deserve it or that being called on the carpet to either put up or stop being pricks justifies their actions.

Edited by IYIyTh

Man, I do sometimes miss a good spirited debate on Bob.

Wakka wakka wakka.

On topic: I can't really rate alliances since I was away for so long and have mostly stayed out of politics since my return. I hear those guys at MI6 are terrible (turrible, turrible) and I should stay far, FAR away from them though.

Seems like sound advice to me.

You don't seem to understand, people take potshots and 'mouth off' to you because you've already arrived at a level where you've put a bad taste in the mouths of just about everyone. You don't get a do over because you want one, you actually have to work towards fixing your image, and in your case being combative is just reaffirming why people don't like you. Big surprise, people will hate you no matter what, the issue is actually getting along with a group (or putting up with), instead of doing things like bungling the structural integrity of war coalitions because you think you're the hottest alliance since ever. Then there's the whole systematic repulsing of your allies because MI6 doesn't know how to play to any of the powers that be. Don't be lackeys if you don't want to, but realize that if you want powerful friends instead of powerful enemies, you need to stay your tongue instead of wiggling it at every given opportunity.

It is was self-fulfilling prophecy and you already fulfilled the criteria, you're beyond that point. You saw threats everywhere and systematically managed to get yourself run out of allies with real connections. There is an alliance that would love to roll just about anyone, and you played straight to their hand. I'd say you have to mend bridges to avoid it, but they're pretty thoroughly burned. And I can tell you, the strategy of picking up peripheral's peripherals works toward it to, because if powers that be so decide, they can be acceptable collateral. I just wonder how long a coalition with MI6 and the likes of TPF and TIO would last in actual practice.

And maybe you're about to pull a high profile treaty out from under your hat in the coming days or weeks, and hopefully MI6 looks at their recent history, grits their teeth, and begrudgingly keeps their thoughts on this ally to themselves when push comes to shove, because I believe speak for a lot of CN when I say there are more interesting pursuits than rounding off this MI6 saga.

Maybe we don't know how to "play to the powers that be," but if we die at least we will die with dignity. Maybe we will crash and burn, but maybe this whole "no allies" situation will work to our favor. You never can tell in CN how things will play out. All I know is that pandering to those who already despise you never works.

Christ, let's just whip them out and measure at this point.

We also have this nasty little quality where our sheer mass of OWF-active posters accidentally take over a thread and look completely &^%$ing obnoxious while doing it.

Let the unwashed masses debate our merits, our weaknesses, and the terrible things we do to the homeless and puppies - I would hope we've all got better things to do in MI6 than participate in this particular line of discourse.

Edited by Chimaera

Face it Doch, you have a history of joining alliances who wont bow and kiss the arse of the powers of the day. I say it's all your fault!

Ehh... That is not true. I joined IAA 2.0 and TIO 2.0... But, Polaris, Gremlins, DT, and MI6 make up for those two choices. 

I was just being honest. Your ambassador to NoR has put up with a lot, and has taken it all gracefully. A lot of folks want to hold you down and beat you with a brick. I'm not one of them. Oh, mayhaps I shouldn't have left that part out.

No probs bro. I like honesty. And again, I like war so if they wish to beat me with a brick, I will bring one as well. :D

We "repulsed" a single ally who then went around and helped us "repulse" our remaining allies. Do make the claim that we are the sole alliance to blame is disingenuous at best. Yes, we share in the blame no doubt, but this was not something completely done by ourself. 

As for the "self-fulfilling" prophecy bit- yeah okay. No other alliance wants to roll us except whoever was behind the recent situation regarding Atlas... Or the alliances that kz is talking about... Or the big bad alliance you yourself talk about. But you are right, despite all of that, it really is us just going around looking for enemies. Seriously bro? This is the weak shit you are trying to toss around? 

Lowsten handled this pretty well, but I'll just add in that it's not just that you defend yourselves from critics, it's how you do it.

I do it in the same manner it was brought. If it is respectful like kz has been, then I will be respectful. If it is full of bullshit and party lines like Lowsten is pushing, then I will call them out on it. I like honesty, not this "let's blame MI6 for everything and forget about the other alliances who helped fuck over MI6". I have and always will state that MI6 messed up pretty damn badly our first year and a half or so. For the most part, we have strived to keep our mouths shut. It is amazing what I see in embassies compared to what I see on the OWF. It is amazing what happens in backchannels compared to the bullshit that Lowsten posted and you agreed with. 

It is quite clear that there are alliances out there that want to war us. Let them come. MI6 handled ourselves quite well last war and will handle ourselves quite well next war as well. Even if we stand alone, so be it. We lose our precious pixels. Whoopdi do. We will regrow and move on. If Lowsten truly thinks there are better things than MI6 out there, then he should maybe obsess over them instead of continuing his obsession with MI6.