Top 20 alliances Analysis

Elite Virgin

More to come in later days. Add your own comments about these alliances.

1. NPO. Powerful alliance, but never takes advantage. Have you ever heard of Pacifica Sphere? Could be gooder. Good luck getting through the 12 step application process.

2. GPA. What a bunch of beepers. Good if you want to sit and backcollect every 20 days and do nothing with your life and be a war virgin. Come out of neutrality and you will be set free.

3. IRON. Loves all of their allies and would never attack them.

4. Umbrella. Lovers of War Pigs/ABLS and the most honest group out there.

5. NpO. Tywin is in it, do I have to say anything more?

6. WTF. A non-neutral Neutral. Pretends to be beating DBDC.

7. ODN. Treaty Huggers.

8. VE. Who?

9. RNR. Those really good recruiter dudes.

10. Sparta. Side switchers. Great fighters, Very swag dudes.

11. NATO. Those guys who used to be important.

12. Valhalla. Friends of Non Grata. Didn’t fight last war.

13. NEW. Inactive Great Fighters.

14. DT. Lots of suspiciously generous tech.  

15. MI6. Poaching Kings. People like to drop treaties on them.

16. Pax Corvus. See GPA (But a less badder version)

17. FAN. Inactive nobodies.

18. GOONS. Friends of Methrage and Animalz. Also bad fighters.

19. FARK. MHA.

20. SNX. World’s best protector (See TSO-MI War). Intrenally Awful, literally one of the worst alliances ever. 4 sucky alliances come to make 1 bigger bad sucky alliance.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NPO. Trying to retake the true top spot, I think they can.
  • GPA. I can't wait for you to prove how willing you are to defend those pixels, I suspect many will be surprised at what would happen if GPA was ever forced to defend once more.
  • IRON. I really wish they could be independent.
  • Umbrella. Very effective technology, in game and otherwise.
  • NpO. Loyal.
  • WTF. We'll see what happens next.
  • ODN. Sat on the sidelines in GW2 and set us all on this history instead of a better one.
  • VE. They folded once before.
  • RNR. Allies.
  • Sparta. Poor Politics, but they'll at least be on the winning side next time!
  • NATO. Friends of RnR.
  • Valhalla. You guys ditched me in AI :<
  • NEW. An excellent ally, I loved all my OPP members.
  • DT. An alliance full of genuine players and their brothers/sisters!
  • MI6. If you got your political acts together you'd be incredible.
  • Pax Corvus. Peace Works.
  • FAN. Get off your asses and be the FAN of old.
  • GOONS. The moon was never quite the same as Bob, but you at least choose to behave slightly better than the original incarnation, still miss all them.
  • FARK. Loyal.
  • SNX. Why.
Edited by Mogar

1. NPO. Powerful alliance, but never takes advantage. Have you ever heard of Pacifica Sphere? Could be gooder. Good luck getting through the 12 step application process.

I can't tell if this was an attempt at trolling, or if you were being sarcastic, or if you are new to the game, or if you were making jokes, because some of the descriptions were okay, others you go from sarcastic humor to truth, and many are way off.  

This one is just...wrong.  Powerful alliance?  Absolutely.  Never uses that power and doesn't have a sphere of influence?  Are you kidding me?  Years ago it was NPO, world police.  They were the dominant hegemonic power and they used it all the time.  Looks like they are getting back into shape again, too.

1. NPO. Obviously not the Pacifica of old, but anyone underestimating their influence is not paying attention. If they wanted to become snugglebunnies, I could support this. (Coming from me, this is something.) For their part, they're welcome to check our references. Our credit rating is pretty good, too.

2. GPA. There used to be plenty of room in the world for neutrals. No longer. A complete waste of space. Kill it with fire.

3. IRON. Haven't dealt with them in years. For such a large alliance you'd expect them to have a more important place in the world. I can't recall the last time I heard someone say, "Oh sure, but what about IRON?" They just don't factor into most folks' discussions.

4. Umbrella. Considering the number of ex-NoR and ex-INT members in there, the name truly fits. Their original propaganda did nothing for me, since I think Rihanna looks like a bug because her eyes are so freakishly far apart. Whatever their foreign relations, they have a reputation for only genuinely caring about themselves. They probably don't care about this reputation, especially if they only care for themselves.

5. NpO. The reason so many of us took a stand against the NPO way back when. And now it's some kind of retirement home for the sanctimonious. Too bad.

6. WTF. Another waste of space.

7. ODN. Used to have a very high opinion of them. Now I have no opinion of them.

8. VE. They've been around a long time, and....yeah, that's all I've got.

9. R&R. There was a time when NoR's demographics and theirs were pretty similar. We never got close, though, which is a shame since they seem(ed) like a decent group. No clue what they're like now.

10. Sparta. Low-life, backstabbing cowards. I'd suggest they disband but sometimes it's good to keep all the garbage in one pile.

11. NATO. No opinion.

12. Valhalla. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Probably the most ironically-named alliance....well, right after Sparta.

13. NEW. Never dealt with them. I keep hearing how great they are at coming together during wars.

14. DT. They don't return my phone calls, and this has hurt my feelings.

15. MI6. They're very active. They also tend to turn otherwise good people into d-bags, at least in public. Their Ambassador to NoR is exceptionally tolerant of the horrible things many of us say to him, which in my mind has earned him a kind of 'Strange New Respect' award. I still think they're going to get a severe pummeling down the road, though.  Just don't know who'll be delivering it.

16. Pax Corvus. Who? No, seriously. Who?

17. FAN. They used to be friends of ours. They don't come by anymore. I suspect most of them have moved on with their lives.

18. GOONS. They seem to have dropped off my radar. Honestly don't know what to say about them.

19. FARK. Dick jokes. Hilarious. Doesn't get old at all after all these years. "Erection." Geddit? It's like they're voting and it's a penis! At one point we tried to make nice with them. It was a wasted effort. Once greatly feared. In the last war, all but a couple of members seemed to just give up. Probably more of a placeholder alliance now.

20. SNX. When they were founded, many people predicted that SNX would just careen from embarrassing mistake to embarrassing mistake owing to the inactivity and general suckiness of their predecessors. Those people are what I like to call 'right'. When you take crap and put it on gourmet bread, you know what you get? A !@#$ sandwich. That's what you get.

Any alliance in the top 20 is doing something right in my opinion, and the rest of us could learn from whatever they decide to share on how to do that.  This is especially true for any of them that has been there for over a year, which includes most if not all of them.

Once you have been around longer than a year, EV, as opposed to your current 164 days of existence as a nation, you will probably agree with me.  You're currently a one man AA.  My suggestion, although you're free to express opinions I suppose, is bring up a discussion like this when your alliance is a bit closer to the alliances you are currently making judgments about.  Your opinion will hold more weight.

If the only thing bad about Polar is me, what an awesome alliance :awesome:

and this is based on an opinion of the OP who has only held a nation for less than six months! 

Any alliance in the top 20 is doing something right in my opinion, and the rest of us could learn from whatever they decide to share on how to do that.  This is especially true for any of them that has been there for over a year, which includes most if not all of them.

Once you have been around longer than a year, EV, as opposed to your current 164 days of existence as a nation, you will probably agree with me.  You're currently a one man AA.  My suggestion, although you're free to express opinions I suppose, is bring up a discussion like this when your alliance is a bit closer to the alliances you are currently making judgments about.  Your opinion will hold more weight.
and this is based on an opinion of the OP who has only held a nation for less than six months! 

You know nothing about me. Assumptions can be made though. Cause rerolls dont exist, do they? And yea, I'm leaving CN soon. Anyway, kids, I was saying NPO today. You hear polar, doom, aztech spheres. Who says pacifica sphere? They are big and important in affairs, but they arent what they were.

These alliance analysis threads are just about always pretty terrible and this one is no exception. Lets hear what everyone has to say about those alliances, it really matters!

It's nice when I agree with one though. I feel so validated.

Yes.. our opinions are correct. Why doesn't everything think this!

These alliance analysis threads are just about always pretty terrible and this one is no exception. Lets hear what everyone has to say about those alliances, it really matters!

That's what I encourage you to do. Bring out the truth! 20-40 coming out soon!

2. GPA. What a bunch of beepers. Good if you want to sit and backcollect every 20 days and do nothing with your life and be a war virgin. Come out of neutrality and you will be set free.

3. IRON. Loves all of their allies and would never attack them.

4. Umbrella. Lovers of War Pigs/ABLS and the most honest group out there.

5. NpO. Tywin is in it, do I have to say anything more?

6. WTF. A non-neutral Neutral. Pretends to be beating DBDC.

7. ODN. Treaty Huggers.

8. VE. Who?

9. RNR. Those really good recruiter dudes.

10. Sparta. Side switchers. Great fighters, Very swag dudes.

11. NATO. Those guys who used to be important.

12. Valhalla. Friends of Non Grata. Didn’t fight last war.

13. NEW. Inactive Great Fighters.

14. DT. Lots of suspiciously generous tech.  

15. MI6. Poaching Kings. People like to drop treaties on them.

16. Pax Corvus. See GPA (But a less badder version)

17. FAN. Inactive nobodies.

18. GOONS. Friends of Methrage and Animalz. Also bad fighters.

19. FARK. MHA.

20. SNX. World’s best protector (See TSO-MI War). Intrenally Awful, literally one of the worst alliances ever. 4 sucky alliances come to make 1 bigger bad sucky alliance.

Nice to see you are still here.  Start another war yet?

That's what I encourage you to do. Bring out the truth! 20-40 coming out soon!

I am dying with anticipation, can't you tell?

Edited by XxHouseArrestXx