Paying bills

Squirel

Uh...

Tbh, depends.

In general, it's best not to collect until a number of days inactive, and bills can be advantageous to only pay just before collecting.

To go into more detail, I'd pretty much have to write a guide, and CBF doing one right now :P I'd suggest joining an alliance and reading their guides (if you are already in an alliance, dig up their guides; if they don't have up to date ones, I'd suggest finding a better alliance)

In *general* it's fine (and a good idea because of bill lock and the bill avoidance penalty) to pay bills every day (also paying bills can trigger events, which can be good or bad).   There is a tiny amount of interest on back bills.  

Collections, on the other hand, are best done once every twenty days.  This is because bills are based on what you *currently* have, as are taxes.  (This is also why it's best to pay bills *before* buying infra, and collect taxes *after* buying infra.)

Edit:  Trade set can also have an impact on ideal bill pay frequency. 

Also repeat resources (I count ten -- you have a harbour so you should be able to have twelve) don't give extra bonuses -- for example having two wheat trades won't give you +16% population.  (Having fish and wheat will give you +16.64% population, however).

Edited by Sakura

Good Capitalist Cat

The twenty day rule only applies if you are able to improvement switch if not it is pointless. It also is dependent on the status of your ability to remain in non-war readiness on a regular basis.

Please feel free to contact me and we can review your condition. You then may choose to use that advice or not.

Respectfully

Dame HIme Themis

• 4 weeks later...

Good Capitalist Cat

The twenty day rule only applies if you are able to improvement switch if not it is pointless. It also is dependent on the status of your ability to remain in non-war readiness on a regular basis.

Please feel free to contact me and we can review your condition. You then may choose to use that advice or not.

Respectfully

Dame HIme Themis

I wouldn't call it pointless. You can still collect interest on uncollected taxes. Now, granted, $12,000 may not be all that much to you, but it can be worth quite a bit to newer players. Back in 2006 I had one of the largest nations in the world. Top 100 at one point, and I was a late start having shown up in September.

Do you want to know how I did it? I waited until I had $12,000 in interest. A few weeks of that netted me an additional couple of hundred thousand (I forget the exact timeline and amounts). That extra cash, on top of everything else, allowed me to get a little extra boost and make it into the top tier.