Nations in the World

Ameroca

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the solution to the problem is the accumulation of treaties, endless recognition of milestones and timid foreign policy. Those make the game far more interesting for players. I mean, honestly, what's more fun than managing a three-week sled or arranging tech deals? Nothing!

There has to be a phone geek somewhere in this game, all Admin would need to do is put out in-game feelers looking for someone to help, then maybe offer some kind of compensation (cash or in game). Shouldn't take that much effort on Admin's part and would suddenly increase the games reach while making it more convenient for many of us existing players. It's a win-win.

It's been tried, a group of players email admin with ideas and offers to help. Got nowhere, personally getting this game mobile friendly would be awesome

"Updating" the best text-database browser game on the web to java and flash and pretty pictures sounds like a certain way to put a stake in it's heart to me.

Why not accept that it is and will always be basically the same thing it always was, whether you love it or love-it-hate-it you wouldnt be here if you didnt have at least a little love for it as is.

There's nothing wrong with minor updating/expanding as much as admin feels like doing, without making any radical changes, but the calls for radical change have always puzzled me and continued to puzzle me. I like this game, it 's not perfect but I like it a lot, or I would certainly not still be here playing it. So why would I want any major changes or 'updates?' If it aint broke dont fix it. The more radical and recent changes are the worst parts of the game imhop, and the proposals for even more radical changes are very troubling.

Amen. As a 9+year player, a lot of the reason I keep going is inertia. Invoking massive, radical changes or restarting the game won't keep players like me around. And with the number of flashy phone games (Clash of Clans, etc), I don't think CN could carve out a big enough market or player base if it went that route - there's just too much competition and noise. That said, an app/dedicated mobile interface wouldn't hurt. The ToS (as written) don't allow for any of us to develop an app, though.

7.    By using this service you agree not to access Cyber Nations with any other programs than web browsers. Such other programs are in particular so called "Bots" as well as other tools that replace the web interface. The same applies to completely or partially automated scripts or programs that cause increased server loads. You must agree to not, under any circumstance, run automated scripts of any kind against this website. Static browser add-ons, those that do not perform any kind of automated routines, are generally ok as long as they do not increase server loads or present security issues. If you are planning on running any type of browser add-on you are advised to contact the admin directly and seek approval first.

Want to try out something radical? Test in the TE first, and see how it works there. That's what TE should be for, after all.

I think the solution to the problem is the accumulation of treaties, endless recognition of milestones and timid foreign policy. Those make the game far more interesting for players. I mean, honestly, what's more fun than managing a three-week sled or arranging tech deals? Nothing!

Indeed.

Speaking as a player and not a member of New Pacific Order, the most fun in this game was pre-Initiative when people had balls, less treaties and blocs, and there was war more than once a year.

Friends,

A study of the history of the bob reveals a startling change: we have been losing players for quite some time.  Why is this happening you ask?  Where is the cause?  I implore you to look at the DATA, the numbers that show us what is oging on.  To ignore them is to doom this game.

We can see the MAJOR drop off happena round the time the initiative (NPO) conqured the world and started gang attacking alliances, sometimes as much as 20 to 1.  This causes many gropus of playser like the FAN to leave because they are sick of waht is happening.  My alliance the NAAC was forced to disband along with many others.

We carefully study our history to produce these results and come to the conclusion, that NPO and the initiative are responsible for ruining this game.  I represent the many who left because of this.  I amo nly here to force a reckoning of their crimes.  NPO, I hope you can rest with the knowledge that your bullying tactics resulted in people LEAVING because everything htey loved abotu the game was destroyed.  When the time comes, we can RESET the game with new alliances and make it fresh again.

I will never understand people in influential positions within influential alliances not doing everything in their power to mold the game into something they want to see it become again

Not how the NPO works, Emperor is sole decider on things. Besides, I'm hardly influential.

I agree that players bear a lot of the burden of making the game fun, but it's a hard task these days. The problem with CN itself is that it's actually really boring, and all the fun that's been had here has actually happened despite the game. Games of this type usually use instant gratification to grab players and condition them to stay. CN, on the other hand, has extremely delayed gratification beyond the first few weeks of nation building. It actually discourages you from playing often and forces you to save up and wait for smaller and smaller incremental gains, like two and a half weeks for a sled, ten days for a tech shipment, many months for a warchest. This is suicide for a casual browser game. A noob with a life can forget he even has a nation in two and a half weeks.

This is where alliances step in. They provide a fun environment and a sense of commitment and gratification separate from the game but inextricably tied to keeping a nation running. This was ok, but not great, back when entire online communities were setting up shop here and alliances were huge, active, and engaging, but really lacking with the ghost-town alliances and dead forum we have now.

I will never understand people in influential positions within influential alliances not doing everything in their power to mold the game into something they want to see it become again

Cause the pixels man, gotta save those pixels. Those influential alliances are probably the same ones that can erease the damages of a war within months of it ending. It's time to take your little babies out the crib since they are 4+ years old and let them fight.

• 1 month later...

As someone who's been here since GW2 (previous nation and all), I personally saw a massive downturn in participation in the year following the Karma war. We were kings of the world, NPO fell, and then the realization, "Now what?". My personal opinion is CN never recovered from losing its boogeyman/big bad. Without it, every subsequent war has felt a little less authentic and exciting, things that will generate apathy and player loss long term. Admin should have ended the world there, and started a new one, that may not have been player height, but I'd reckon it was close to activity height.

Edited by kingly

I'd argue the problem is since Karma nobody has actually made themselves into a real villain due to the threat of their own Karma happening.

I agree. Either they to afraid or just couldn't get enough power to hold on to be the boogieman