Nations in the World

Ameroca

Hello, nations of Digiterra! This thread is for discussing just how many of us there are.

Currently, there are a whopping 8,531 nations! Our planet is really fractured into a patchwork of competing governments.

But let's take a look at a graph to see what it looked like over time:

LvCyzFI.png

Wow! It seems the world is becoming a closer and more personable place! :) So what do you think are the implications of this? Will the trend continue to the point of a single-world government?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyway to tell if during the times more nations existed there were more inactive nations as well? Could we figure out if even though there are less nations now there just as many or more active ones as before?

Is there anyway to tell if during the times more nations existed there were more inactive nations as well? Could we figure out if even though there are less nations now there just as many or more active ones as before?

Instead of an analysis, I'll give you the short answer: Nope.

I find it inexplicably disconcerting that when I first made my nation I was prompted to see if I would donate towards the game. One of the very first messages, and then I come to see topics like this; it leads me to believe that the creator/admin of the game does not really care about player retention in the slightest. So far as to going to new nations that first create their nation asking for support via a donation. Why should I donate to a game that is bleeding new nations?

That's just a very big disconnect between a player base, and the creator. Especially for new nations who are prompted to donate, then prompted in their first PM to come to the forums. 

There was a time when you would go into the Alliance announcement forum and you had a reason to go to the second thread page because active topics were being bumped back to it.  Now?  There are what...4/5 active articles?

• 3 weeks later...

I think there are a few alliances around with the data to generate that sort of number. Though, I also think that those alliances wouldn't have it in an easily accessible form; it wouldn't be an easy number to generate.

There was a time when you would go into the Alliance announcement forum and you had a reason to go to the second thread page because active topics were being bumped back to it.  Now?  There are what...4/5 active articles?

Wish this was still the case; I kinda blame it on lack of real rivalries. No side really despises the other side any more; it's just a cycle of meaningless war after meaningless war. If we actually had a reason to fight, I think it could be difference

*shrug*

Wish this was still the case; I kinda blame it on lack of real rivalries. No side really despises the other side any more; it's just a cycle of meaningless war after meaningless war. If we actually had a reason to fight, I think it could be difference

*shrug*

I always blame the same old actors within government, you could look at many alliances and see the same old governments throughout the years with little new blood. So there are no new rivalries just rehashed old ones which have now gone stale or for the lolz.