Create an EPIC round....

There's currently 8,000 members in CN:SE, and many of them will never reach the super-nation levels as the game has slowly declined in both user base and has stagnated along political and ideological lines. 

TE, then, is supposed to be an escape from the political and standard realities within SE. Let everyone fulfill their dream....at least for one round and I promise you....people will sign up to play en masse.

This has probably been proposed before, but I have not done my research. If it hasn't, then please consider this idea because I think it would make everyone play....just because of the sheer scope of possibility.

Specifically I want to amend stipulation #7:

Nations begin the game with $10,000,000 startup funds.

Because of the reduced cost of infrastructure, technology, land, etc, as well as the increased collections, I think it would be EPIC if the funds were increased to $5,000,000,000.00 for all nations for one round. If this doesn't increase the user base of TE, then revert back to the normal $10,000,000. But this would definitely allow for small nations in SE to experiment and experience what a large nation looks like (at least in terms of infrastructure). 

Let's see what happens....this way, everyone can build a massive amount of infrastructure, land, technology, or try to focus on building one of these attributes. 

Since cost are reduced in TE, $5,000,000,000 might be overkill. Maybe $1,000,000,000. In any case, it'd be a fun and interesting experiment that I think many people would sign up for. 

I was thinking about this the other day actually and think it would definitely make for an interesting round - the key would be planning builds / growth to maximise success and would be at a level not that many people are familiar with.

If this doesn't boost the number of players in TE, I don't know what will

Twenty dollars a piece in RL would probably do it lol. But this idea could work. Also if we got SE alliances to open TE branches then you could get more people on it. (The members not the politics, lol)

I don't support this as it diminishes any need to play with skill and organization, the moneys already there so no skill is required for using effective building methods, you could war everyone and anyone all round without having to worry about the losses. Whats stopping multiple nations/rogues from building +2k tech nuke turrets as soon as nations can declare war? It just sounds like it will be nothing but war, i know many enjoy having to apply skill and organization in TE, i myself enjoy it just as much as the war aspect.

Also admin can say good bye to all of the donations, i mean whats the point when you start with that much funds?

What about giving SE nations access to a new military wonder if they play and get their nations to a specific NS mark. Maybe once they reach 30k NS, this allows them to buy this new wonder in SE.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

I don't support this as it diminishes any need to play with skill and organization, the moneys already there so no skill is required for using effective building methods, you could war everyone and anyone all round without having to worry about the losses. Whats stopping multiple nations/rogues from building +2k tech nuke turrets as soon as nations can declare war? It just sounds like it will be nothing but war, i know many enjoy having to apply skill and organization in TE, i myself enjoy it just as much as the war aspect.

Also admin can say good bye to all of the donations, i mean whats the point when you start with that much funds?

What about giving SE nations access to a new military wonder if they play and get their nations to a specific NS mark. Maybe once they reach 30k NS, this allows them to buy this new wonder in SE.

Yo Nations, I support DT suggestion to add privlages to SE for TE accomplishments.  SE would definately jump in TE, it could be as simple as robust CIA effect on SE nations, or increased military strength.  A mid range nation could slam larger SE nations w/TE awards) and bring a new level playing field.

100mil is nothing compared to 5bil. Make the MP be 5bil, so the MP cant be used early

I'd go for a 1 bil starting WC. SO 100mil for MP is fine. 

@Skill factor -  I feel a lot of people would burn through it unstrategically. Yes people would be able to build, but it still has to be done smartly - how do you balance land / tech / infra. Especially with the cost of tech. 

• 2 weeks later...

100 million is more than enough to start with if you wanted something along these lines. Come now dont be silly, 1 to 5 billion would be ridiculous. 100m still a bit ridiculous. But thats plenty of cash to play around with.

I am with DT that giving away prizes for SE nations is the way to increase the player base here.

The more juicier you make the winning prizes the better. Even give the winner some options so it will attract nations of all sizes.

ie 5,000 tech or 2,000 infra or a Wonder that everyone will HAVE to have in SE.

Throwing in bonuses at certain size stages is a great idea also. Just don't make the sizes too easy to obtain. Making it so they will have to play at least half the round to get there is a good idea imo.

Having $100 mil+ to start would be really fun--for a round. I love having some variety in the rounds, with different prizes and lengths.

A 30-60 day round where we have this cash would make both building and wars big time fun. There'd be a run on WRCs lol. 

One Epic round of 30 days twice or trice a year...! 

For everyone...!!!

All this discussion is really fun but I never have really seen anything been implemented.... I suggested the exactly same thing a few rounds back. See way to increase CN:TE users... Admin once even replied to it but it never really took off. So i dont like to participate in forums anymore.. Plzz someone get it implemented.

pls admin let these ideas be a thing, everybody would love to feel how it is to be one of those nations with hundreds of millions in their war chests.

What we could do though, is start with maybe 500 million, have everything keep it's price, except for the MP, which should cost maybe 1 billion, this way, it won't be bought by everybody as soon as war starts.

Nations will start Round 36 with $100,000,000 instead of the usual $10,000,000.

That is awesome! I would also suggest the donation bonuses be drastically increased as I support CN with donations often and may consider doing it in TE but the rewards for doing so are almost an insult for $30 real cash for a 3 month game...Also the donations could roll over round to round possibly...In other words, the more you donate, say $30 for 3 mos of the round you get 30 mill extra next round carry over...if you do one donation you get $110 mill start up the next round...This was done in a similar game and you got special tokens you could use for advanced technology weapons like a Bismark Battleship or it could be some kind of special forces troops with greater odds of victory... :awesome:

Nations will start Round 36 with $100,000,000 instead of the usual $10,000,000.

Thank you for listening admin. Perhaps you may want to implement my suggestion for SE (reducing the aid-slot frequency to 7 days instead of 10).