Are there any more ways to get $400,000 instantly other than taxes?

XP Mai

My taxes is only ~$40,000/day but my bills is ~$100,000/day, after time passes, now I've a total of ~$96,000 available and ~$300,000 bills.

I've financial problem since my nation become Anarchy for insufficient soldiers. After I bought enough soldiers, I've insufficient money to pay bills.

Soon my bills will continue increase, become

available:bills

1:3

Unless I get financial aid, then I can purchase more infrastures. I tried contacting alliance inviters to aid me with $400,000 if I join their alliance, none agreed. :frantic:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My taxes is only ~$40,000/day but my bills is ~$100,000/day, after time passes, now I've a total of ~$96,000 available and ~$300,000 bills.

I've financial problem since my nation become Anarchy for insufficient soldiers. After I bought enough soldiers, I've insufficient money to pay bills.

Soon my bills will continue increase, become

available:bills

1:3

Unless I get financial aid, then I can purchase more infrastures. I tried contacting alliance inviters to aid me with $400,000 if I join their alliance, none agreed. :frantic:

There are a lot of simple ways to improve what you are doing -- get trades, leave peace mode, do tech deals.

Your ratio of taxes to bills should be a lot closer to the opposite.

The common refrain is join an alliance, they all have people dedicated to teaching and within 30 minutes of talking to someone you should be all set to grow for the next 4 months and have a nice nation.

The kicker is, don't join a terrible alliance, that will not teach you, is equally lost, and then you decide its hopeless and quit.

How do you know that an alliance is awful?  I would start with the fact that they don't have trades, in general aren't using the foreign aid system, and have 0 nations at 4999.99 infra or greater.  Its hard to expect someone to help you with your nation if their nation appears an utter mess.

You look to have found just that sort of alliance.  Not to be rude to them, but they probably should disband. That way they can get somewhere people will teach them. Either way, I would suggest finding a new alliance.  The player created alliance page has lots of advertisements, and you can pick what looks good to you :

Do you want a large alliance with lots of members you can meet?  Try an NPO -- http://www.cybernations.net/alliance_display.asp?ID=10000 or an IRON -- http://www.cybernations.net/alliance_display.asp?ID=10004

Do you want a very small alliance offering advice and loads of money when you join?  Try a WFF -- http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=557714

Do you want a large neutral alliance that stays out of the alliance war system? Try GPA -- http://www.cybernations.net/alliance_display.asp?ID=10041

Do you want a medieval themed Japanese alliance that actually are cowboys?  Try Sengoku -- http://www.cybernations.net/alliance_display.asp?ID=10128

The list goes on and on, and anyone in the first 60 or so of http://www.cybernations.net/alliance_all.asp are worth considering. Almost all will have forums, or want to talk to you on irc, or in some other way to help you and make you a part of a community.

Edited by hartfw

Taking a quick look at your nation, a couple of things stick out for me.

Peace mode - Staying in peace mode for an extended period of time decreases your population happiness and thereby reduces your tax collections. Consider changing to war mode, though this potentially opens you up to attack from other nations.

Trades - making trade agreements with other nations will give your nation benefits based on what resources your trading partners have. You can try to find trade agreements here.

Also, I'd delete those tanks if you're not using them - they tend to have high bill payments.

When you have money, look at getting some improvements to help your financial situation as well.

Your ratio of taxes to bills should be a lot closer to the opposite.

I don't understand what you meant, can you try rephrasing your sentence?

The common refrain is join an alliance, they all have people dedicated to teaching and within 30 minutes of talking to someone you should be all set to grow for the next 4 months and have a nice nation.

All alliances you suggested need to join their external forums, which is annoying to me. I don't want to be ruled by them. (i.e. change flag, ..., etc.)

Trades - making trade agreements with other nations will give your nation benefits based on what resources your trading partners have. You can try to find trade agreements here.

I've bills to trade, ~$400,000 worth of bills to be paid for $400,000 available cash, want?  :smug: Other than that, all are below standard. Even if not below standard, I need it.

Peace mode - Staying in peace mode for an extended period of time decreases your population happiness and thereby reduces your tax collections. Consider changing to war mode, though this potentially opens you up to attack from other nations.

Oh, I didn't know about this. But my bill and available balance difference is too big, will it help?

I play this game is to create my own nation, not being ruled by others. So I'd rather be independent, unless alliances demand are within limit.

The thing with alliances though are that they are really the only way you are actually going to grow in this game and feasibly get to the level of lobbing nukes at other players. Alternatively, you could join a neutral alliance.

I play this game is to create my own nation, not being ruled by others. So I'd rather be independent, unless alliances demand are within limit.

Depending on how much time you invest in this game you could lead others instead of being lead by others. My advice is to join an alliance, learn the ropes, meet the community and then once you've got everything you need then go independent. My guess though is once you have seen the social side of the game and the opportunities you would more than likely stay in an alliance.

I don't understand what you meant, can you try rephrasing your sentence?

All alliances you suggested need to join their external forums, which is annoying to me. I don't want to be ruled by them. (i.e. change flag, ..., etc.)

I've bills to trade, ~$400,000 worth of bills to be paid for $400,000 available cash, want?  :smug: Other than that, all are below standard. Even if not below standard, I need it.

Well, you are kinda stuck.

What you are doing sucks.  It sucks by your own definition, and to those who know how to make a nation grow, it definitely sucks.  You should be making money and growing fast at this stage, not losing it and withering up and dying.

But joining a place to find out how to do that is too hard and takes away too much from your freedom, and encroaches on your ability to run yourself into the ground.  An understandable point of concern.

I will say, I haven't heard of an alliance yet enforcing a flag on people (most alliances are wimps).  That said most have standards about who you can attack and things like that.  And joining a second site that has all the info you wanted does seem a burden.  Altogether, it is really hard to say what you should do here, and I wish you luck in whatever tough choice you make.  

Put yourself in war mode, learn how to fight.  If you don't want a very sudden trial-by-fire that you're probably not ready to deal with, join an alliance.  This has been said by everyone in this thread, and I'm repeating it because it's just that relevant - like "wear your seatbelt" when getting in a car. 

At your level, you can be making a decent profit selling tech using the foreign aid system.  You arrange the tech deal using in-game messaging, the forums, IRC, etc.  Typical tech deal rates are 6m/100 or 6m/200.  You buy 100 tech (which is very cheap when buying from 0, and send it to the person, who in turn sends you 6m cash (if it's a 6m/200 usually you get paid once all the tech is delivered).  Alliances can really simplify tech dealing for you.

No, you're not ruled by an alliance.  You don't have your own flag, anyway, unless you've won one in TE or you start your own alliance, so I find it unusual that you're making that a sticking point.  If you absolutely can't get around that in your head, then at least find an open trade circle to fill - sometimes trade circles can be convinced to protect their trade partners to a certain extent; Tech buyers may watch your back as well, but once again that's only to a certain extent.  Good luck.

No, you're not ruled by an alliance.  You don't have your own flag, anyway, unless you've won one in TE or you start your own alliance, so I find it unusual that you're making that a sticking point.  If you absolutely can't get around that in your head, then at least find an open trade circle to fill - sometimes trade circles can be convinced to protect their trade partners to a certain extent; Tech buyers may watch your back as well, but once again that's only to a certain extent.  Good luck.

A lot of people don't fly their alliance flag anyway, I don't, I didn't in my last alliance or the one before that. Can't remember the last time I had an alliance flag rather than the Welsh one

At your level, you can be making a decent profit selling tech using the foreign aid system.  You arrange the tech deal using in-game messaging, the forums, IRC, etc.  Typical tech deal rates are 6m/100 or 6m/200.  You buy 100 tech (which is very cheap when buying from 0, and send it to the person, who in turn sends you 6m cash (if it's a 6m/200 usually you get paid once all the tech is delivered).  Alliances can really simplify tech dealing for you.

Can't they buy themselves, more convenient?

Put yourself in war mode, learn how to fight.  If you don't want a very sudden trial-by-fire that you're probably not ready to deal with, join an alliance.  This has been said by everyone in this thread, and I'm repeating it because it's just that relevant - like "wear your seatbelt" when getting in a car. 

Yes, it's really effective. My taxes have boosted a lot, and now I'm changing the connected resources to all money related. Hopefully I'll be able to clear the ~$300k bills in 3 more days.

By the way, I'm little confused. How to find out how much is my daily bill instead of total value bills?

The cost of tech scales up the more you own so it is more efficient for them to buy the tech from players who are able to purchase it themselves cheaper. Those smaller nations grow due to the surplus generated from the tech deal, and the tech buyer gets more tech.

Just to confirm, price rises based on no. of purchases or based on tech level? 

Just to confirm, price rises based on no. of purchases or based on tech level? 

It's based on your tech level, not on the number of purchases. If you buy tech up to 100 and you then send all of it to another nation, the price for you to buy tech will go back down to what you initially paid, when you started at 0.

(The price of tech also depends on you having or not Gold, Microchips, Universities. The Wonders Great University, National Research Lab and Space Program also all decrease the base cost, but nation that have access to them usually never buy tech directly from the menu.)

Edited by jerdge

TECH DEALS.  SELL TECH.

You can do that without joining an AA.  Just go to the black market part of the forum and let people know you are selling tech for 6mil/100 or 200 tech whichever.  After you get enough infra to sustain yourself then you can stop.  Also, go to the trading harbor (another part of this forum) and start a thread.  Also, look around in-game for nation within your color and request a trade.  Anything is better than nothing at this point.  You can also send messages to bigger nations in-game and ask if they want to do tech deals.

The likely-hood of you surviving at your NS without an AA is highly unlikely but to each is own.  I would recommend, like the rest of these people in here are recommending, you find an AA and learn the ropes for at least 2 or 3 months.  A lot of AA's have great nation building guides for economy or warfare and i suggest you learn them.  After you learn what you need to know and do not want to be in an AA then move on and go independent.  At least in the AA you will have protection, constant aid from tech deals, and be able to grow with good guides.  Also, AAs are good to find trade circles that will last longer than a day or 2.

Well...

First you need a buyer.  That buyer will send you 6mil or 9mil (if you have a FAC)

After you accept and 10 days go by that aid will expire and you will purchase 100 tech in increments of: 4.5, 10, 10, 5, 10, 10, 10, 10, 5, 10, 10, 5.5 (also, make sure you have this tech bought when you collect)

After purchased you will go to that persons nation page and at the top you will see a tab that says Aid.  You click that and offer him the 100 tech you purchased.

The reason behind tech deals:

1. cheaper for the buyer to purchase tech from you than on his own.

2. will help you grow much much quicker

Look up guides on infra jumping when you start to get tech deals constantly flowing.

Again, another reason you should join an AA.  They will have a constant supply of buyers since newer nations are RARE.  Also, some AAs have aid programs to help build before doing tech deals.

They also provide more up to date learning guides.  You can search the forums but most will be out of date.  

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/843-nation-building-guide/

I know that is old but it might help you a bit more than asking random questions.  At least it will guide you through most things.