Nation Sitting Clarification

senatorhung

* Nation: o ya baby
* Ruler: o ya baby
* Nation Link: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=166226

* Nation: ThePromisedLand
* Ruler: CubaQuerida
* Nation Link: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=323642

according to the nation sitting topic, Cuba is sitting o ya baby's nation starting from 17feb as o ya baby is "Away Until: April 20, 2015".  however, only yesterday, o ya baby posted multiple times on the OWF in response to this suggestion by Caladin.  how is it that o ya baby is too busy to log in to his nation, but NOT too busy to log in to the CN forum ?  or is cuba ALSO posting on the forum on o ya baby's behalf ?

shouldn't this expire Cuba's nation sitting if o ya baby is NOT actually away until 20apr ?

also, the first post in the nation sitting topic states that, "you cannot aid, trade, or war with/along side a nation you are currently involved in a nation sitting agreement with."  does this mean that if a WTF nation declares on BOTH Cuba and o ya baby, that o ya baby can not respond to any attacks without violating the nation sitting rules ?

Edited by senatorhung

First of all, this belongs in the Questions section, not Game Abuse, so I'll answer this here.

Oya was concerned about his availability so I requested a nation sit. It's going to end up a moot point, since there are no wars he will fight in the next 9 weeks, and I haven't actually logged onto his nation, nor his forum account. There is no collusion as you are hoping for, just sporadic activity by Oya as expected by everyone in the know.

As for wars, I specifically cleared this with admin prior to any conflicts, where it was made clear that if both nations were declared on it would not be a violation, nor would it be if oya declared first and I was hit subsequently. The only violation would be if oya declared on a target that was already engaged with me (Cuba) since that is my own doing.

Like I said, most likely a moot point, given both his activity and the current/future war scenarios.

*Request move to Question and Answer section

this belongs in game abuse because it is not a general question, but involving specific nations and suspected cheating (abuse of the nation sitting rules, similar to how TBRaiders attempted to nation sit a nation whose ruler has quit the game). 

Cuba wrote "I haven't actually logged onto his nation, nor his forum account."  so, then how is it that foreign aid has been accepted this week ?  and

Last Activity: Active In The Last 3 Days

?  either o ya baby is away and Cuba is nation sitting, or o ya baby is NOT away, and Cuba should NOT be nation sitting.

my additional comments regarding what would happen should both Cuba and o ya baby were declared on may have been appropriate for the questions forum, but would be rendered moot if the nation sit is cancelled in response to this abuse topic. 

EDIT: after digging around further in the questions forum, i found a moderator response to the double declaration type of situation here.

Edited by senatorhung

It's still a question, not any actual violation and a simple PM would have been sufficient. Even if there was a hypothetical malicious intent, it's still not a violation given the previous information. I've cancelled the nation sit, given the new information and now the topic should be moved and locked since it's resolved.

This doesn't belong in game abuse and it doesn't violate the rules. It is a question. It is not moderation's business to moderate people's reasons behind requesting nation sitting. The only reason a nation sitting request would be denied is if the nation is being handed off or the requested date is longer than 10 weeks. The only exception is the nation sittee should not login during the nation sit period and should request for the agreement to be cancelled upon their return if they intend to log in their nation.