Arabian Oil, Iranian Aquisition

Shave N Haircut

Flights from Bahrain to Tehran were relatively common these days, considering the new Confederacy government. What wasn't common was private jets bearing at least one solid gold Bugatti and one massively powerful Oil Sheikh. It was a few hours of flying, so along with his ordinary flight crew and bodyguard, he'd brought a few of his wives. Good times were had aboard the flight to Tehran, though they were strictly confidential.

When the flight landed, Burhan al-Samara dismounted, his headdress pristine, his suit unequal in style, and his aviators scratchless. He knocked the ash off the end of his cigar and waited for his car to be unloaded before he visited the Prince of Persia.

[hr]

His car arrived at the palace in no time at all. He had, of course, had the prudence to establish an appointment with the man beforehand. When he dismounted the vehicle so too did his two guards. It was going to be a good meeting.

The Prince had been planning the construction of his new Palace when he heard word of the arrival of the Oil Sheikh. He had heard stories of the man, the richest of all in the Middle East. And the greediest. "Show our guests to the meeting hall." The Prince commanded.

The Prince entered the meeting room shortly after, crown on his head and dressed in his finest suit. He made no attempt to hide the look of disgust on his face as he sat down on the opposite end of the table. He hated the fact that they were allied, though the alternative allies he hated far worse. "For what reason have you come here?"

By contrast to the prince, al-Samara was grinning from ear to ear, absolutely thrilled to be at this meeting, his guard hovering over his shoulder with a perfectly straight face, "Salaam, your highness, it is an honor that you're willing to speak to me today." his grin tones down to a simple, wide smile, "Of course, you are aware of the subject I wish to speak of? Being your total control of Iranian oil reserves of course."

He knew this was coming. He had a waiter pour him a cup of Arak, which he took a big gulp of before offering a cup to his guest. He may of hated the man, but he wasn't uncivilized. "The oil has been owned and worked by Iranians for years before, and will continue to be worked and owned by Iranians for years to come. While we are open to working with you, being allies" he shivered slightly "I assume your goals are a little more ambitious then that."

Edited by supercheese

"Owned and operated by Iranians." he takes a sip of the drink, trusting that the Prince wouldn't poison him in his own house, "We can maintain some of the integrity of that of course. A distant cousin of mine is Iranian. We can pay you lavishly for the privilege of operating your oil sites, and I assure you, local work will always be used. And with no more than a phone call, my cousin is in control of them. Still owned by Iranians. Still worked by Iranians. It would be a symbol of the newfound unity of the Middle East." he smiles, "I'm here to negotiate of course."

The Prince thought for a moment. Was he actually considering this? "I'd prefer a board of owners, jointly chosen between the two of us. Oil exports will have to pay normal taxes, and the Iranian government gets 20% of all profits. Aswell, a small amount of oil produced, the number to be determined by my advisors, will need to go towards our National reserve." The Prince took another long sip of his drink. "These terms are open to some negotiations, of course."

The Prince thought for a moment. Was he actually considering this? "I'd prefer a board of owners, jointly chosen between the two of us. Oil exports will have to pay normal taxes, and the Iranian government gets 20% of all profits. Aswell, a small amount of oil produced, the number to be determined by my advisors, will need to go towards our National reserve." The Prince took another long sip of his drink. "These terms are open to some negotiations, of course."

He rattled back quickly, "So long as it is recognized as a subsidiary of my company I am open to agree to this board of owners. I want a discount on taxes and only 10% of profit to go to the Iranian government. I also want power of negotiation on the amount of oil that goes to the National reserve, and I want at least fifty percent of the market price of that oil to be paid by the government." he says, beginning the process of haggling out the deal.

"I can agree to these terms, however I would like to add one. You will be required to follow Iranian minimum wage and rights of workers laws."

"My dear friend, that goes without saying." he grins and stands, "Even should these laws not be in place, we would never mistreat our workers." he offers a hand to the Prince amiably, "So we have a deal."

The Prince shook the mans hand. "A word of caution, however. Some of the more... radical members of my nation may not be happy with this arrangement of ours." The Prince then motioned for one of his servants to show the Sheikh back to his bugatti, while the prince rushed to wash his hand.

Edited by supercheese