Reforms and why they fail...

Evangeline Anovilis

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

India was a Russian colony, but the rest are pretty accurate.

I forgot to mention in my last post that I also don't like Mogar's second idea of not allowing high NSers to use multipliers. It seems unfair that I can only have 100k soldiers while someone half my strength can apply the multiplier to their army and have 10x what I have. I'd prefer if we could level things out and have all multipliers applied to everyone evenly rather than have weighted multipliers that make the strong stronger and the weak weaker. Unfortunately nobody seems to agree. Most either want to cripple the large people and give the little guys a huge advantage or vice versa.

I like this. Why doesn't this happen?

Man, I miss that world. Why cant we bring that back? :(

Make a nation?  But don't throw a brick through someone's window stronger than you?

I can't speak for Cent's policy, but my personal issue tends to be with people claiming entire populations left my territory to form a new nation cause those are my citizens.  That or outright genocide.  Other than that I don't care.  If you wanted to go bring back Tahoe or something go for it.  I believe Eva's dividing up the American Commonwealth to all takers in the West anyways.

And Dillon, unless I missed something Russia does have colonies in the Horn of Africa and Western Canada.

Make a nation?  But don't throw a brick through someone's window stronger than you?

I can't speak for Cent's policy, but my personal issue tends to be with people claiming entire populations left my territory to form a new nation cause those are my citizens.  That or outright genocide.  Other than that I don't care.  If you wanted to go bring back Tahoe or something go for it.  I believe Eva's dividing up the American Commonwealth to all takers in the West anyways.

And Dillon, unless I missed something Russia does have colonies in the Horn of Africa and Western Canada.

As long as people don't claim they were actually my citizens rather than just diaspora from one of the regions I hold I don't really mind what they claim their citizens are.

Unless you claim to be the Imperial dynasty and thus have a claim on my throne, I don't care. You could RP Imperial Japanese holdouts in the Philippines and I'd not object. Just not my throne, or I'll go defend it.

Also, yes, if I win my war, there will be more free land in the Americas.

Unless you claim to be the Imperial dynasty and thus have a claim on my throne, I don't care. You could RP Imperial Japanese holdouts in the Philippines and I'd not object. Just not my throne, or I'll go defend it.

Also, yes, if I win my war, there will be more free land in the Americas.

Your throne that worships Chinese as the Yamato dynasty? No thanks, I'd rather play the real one.

As long as people don't claim they were actually my citizens rather than just diaspora from one of the regions I hold I don't really mind what they claim their citizens are.

Except for the fact that by claiming they are French, Greek, Italian, or whatever, is a valid CB according to your clique, since by simply RPing Chinese people ALL CHINESE CITIZENS BELONG TO TRIYUN and therefore you obviously kidnapped several hundred thousand people.

Just make a Nordic colony.

I was never a fan of the nordic clique anyway, though Martens is someone I miss.

Edited by Mogar

Except for the fact that by claiming they are French, Greek, Italian, or whatever, is a valid CB according to your clique, since by simply RPing Chinese people ALL CHINESE CITIZENS BELONG TO TRIYUN and therefore you obviously kidnapped several hundred thousand people.

A valid point, almost a year ago. Not anymore.

A valid point, almost a year ago. Not anymore.

I'm sure you'll come up with a new excuse to roll someone if you don't like them OOC, even if you don't have a valid one IC, Britain a year ago makes a fantastic example of that. 

I didn't roll Kanks or Horo for RPing the Chinese Diaspora in Indonesia.  My issue is when people claim to have a population from territory I control that left while I was controlling it.

You did in fact support Kanks getting rolled several times basically whenever she existed near you. You don't roll Horo because he doesn't do anything and posts every 24 days, just like MGL.

Note the word for.  I did not roll her for RPing a diaspora.  I have rolled her for other reason.  Yes I did support rolling Kanks for other shens such as trying to start wars against me, plotting against my allies, committing genocide.  All valid CBs.

Your throne that worships Chinese as the Yamato dynasty? No thanks, I'd rather play the real one.

The Japanese Empire in CNRP was formerly under the rule of the Yuan dynasty, which did not claim descent from Amaterasu, which was one of the main reasons it got terminated when the Emperor died and the political circumstances allowed for it. The relation to the old Emperor was not one in the Japanese tradition legitimised by the belief in the status of the Emperor as Arahitogami. We are now in a regency until there is a true sovereign of Yamato descent again, who can be restored. As I do not want to usurp the OOC control of the line though, I decline to RP it and merely prevent others from doing so too, until there is one worthy of it.

You should read my RP properly before taking cheap shots. The way your Empress behaves, you shouldn't even try claim moral authority to lecture me on how Japanese monarchy is supposed to work.

Genocides that didn't actually happen, just like when you rolled Mogatopia 2 because somehow a half million of your citizens were able to be kidnapped in a day without anyone noticing, so you act on it a year later ICly time, just like you rolled Britain a year ago for absolutely no CB besides you wished to RP Britain OOCly. You are pretending as though you wish to make reforms, really you just want people to play in your sandbox so they can be under your jackboot.

The Japanese Empire in CNRP was formerly under the rule of the Yuan dynasty, which did not claim descent from Amaterasu, which was one of the main reasons it got terminated when the Emperor died and the political circumstances allowed for it. The relation to the old Emperor was not one in the Japanese tradition legitimised by the belief in the status of the Emperor as Arahitogami. We are now in a regency until there is a true sovereign of Yamato descent again, who can be restored. As I do not want to usurp the OOC control of the line though, I decline to RP it and merely prevent others from doing so too, until there is one worthy of it.

You should read my RP properly before taking cheap shots. The way your Empress behaves, you shouldn't even try claim moral authority to lecture me on how Japanese monarchy is supposed to work.

I have read your RP, and last I checked the selected voting option was still recognizing the Yuan dynasty as your Emperor. You're basically saying that nobody gets to RP any dynasty at all in RP1 in any European or Asian nation due to Tricent controlling every single one of those that historically existed basically. I simply switched from Primogeniture to Male-preference cognatic primogeniture, due to Hisahito being the only male heir in the Japanese family to be born since 1965, and Naruhito's only child is female. As for her behavior, I do not feel groping the Queen of England would have ended any better for a Foreign Affairs Minister IRL, as they would at minimum be removed from the diplomatic event.

Edited by Mogar

It's like watching democrats and republicans go at it. Both sides talk about compromise, but when it comes down to it nobody has the courage to actually do it.

And if you are all democrats and republicans then I will be Sarah Palin. Status quo means "you betcha CNRP is being taken for a ride."

It's like watching democrats and republicans go at it. Both sides talk about compromise, but when it comes down to it nobody has the courage to actually do it.

And if you are all democrats and republicans then I will be Sarah Palin. Status quo means "you betcha CNRP is being taken for a ride."

I gave a list of comprimises, which got ignored since that would mean Triyun actually giving up the massive statistical advantage he has earned through rule changes over the years.

Oh its getting good now.   :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:

I know it's so hilarious that you cross IC and OOC constantly and feel its entirely appropriate behavior.

Genocides that didn't actually happen, just like when you rolled Mogatopia 2 because somehow a half million of your citizens were able to be kidnapped in a day without anyone noticing, so you act on it a year later ICly time, just like you rolled Britain a year ago for absolutely no CB besides you wished to RP Britain OOCly. You are pretending as though you wish to make reforms, really you just want people to play in your sandbox so they can be under your jackboot.

The end of Grand Papua included the island getting showered in VX and a god bit of ethnic cleansing. I think we can all agree that there was genocide of some level. I still support Kankou.

The end of Grand Papua included the island getting showered in VX and a god bit of ethnic cleansing. I think we can all agree that there was genocide of some level. I still support Kankou.

The end, yes, I'm incredibly certain she didn't start offing anyone until she got invaded though.

None of this has anything to do with actually having reforms, but hey, let's keep the subject on things other than why this game is considered to be the least active of the three options!

Edited by Mogar

I gave a list of comprimises, which got ignored since that would mean Triyun actually giving up the massive statistical advantage he has earned through rule changes over the years.

I know it's so hilarious that you cross IC and OOC constantly and feel its entirely appropriate behavior.

You gave a list of conditions and some of them were sound. Fortunately Triyun does not control how the rules are made in this community. I know you like to think Triyun is the boss of everyone who lounges about in a certain channel, but frankly he doesn't.

You gave a list of conditions and some of them were sound. Fortunately Triyun does not control how the rules are made in this community. I know you like to think Triyun is the boss of everyone who lounges about in a certain channel, but frankly he doesn't.

Last I checked, it was him, you and Eva as GMs, so he sort of does control this, yes, and if he is against said reforms I predict the voting will fall with everyone in #hegemon voting right alongside him, since solidarity and all.

Last I checked, it was him, you and Eva as GMs, so he sort of does control this, yes, and if he is against said reforms I predict the voting will fall with everyone in #hegemon voting right alongside him, since solidarity and all.

I'll say it again, Triyun is not the boss of people who lounge around in his channel. Despite what you may think #hegemon is not an evil group formed to make your life miserable. In fact it predates your return to cnrp by several months if I recall. Most importantly I vote the way I want to vote. I do what I want to do IC and nobody forces me to.

Also Triyun isn't a GM, I snidely called him an unofficial 4th GM once, but that doesn't make it real.