Massachusetts & Spain

Peter Ilyich

shutterstock_76732882-300x300.jpg

To: Whom it May Concern within the Spanish Empire

Dear Spain,

It is with the greatest hope that I contact your glorious empire. I do hope your government would be willing to bring over a Representative and establish an embassy in Boston. I look forward to your arrival.

Sincerely,

220px-Calvin_Coolidge_Signature.svg.png

Arriving in Massachusetts was Patrick Vela a Spanish-American diplomat with family ties to the Boston area. Vela was the perfect candidate for the job his connections to the area would make establishing an embassy incredibly easy.

following landing of a Spanish aircraft(OOC: Or ship, whichever one you prefer.), the man, apparently named Patrick Vela, would be greeted by His Excellency Calvin Coolidge, President of the Commonwealth. Coolidge wore a fair suit and tie with his hands in his pockets. He stepped towards the plane and a man next to him, a Representative, would hand him a file labeled "Vela". Him and the Representative would await the exit of the Spaniard.

Edited by Peter Ilyich

As vela stepped out of the aircraft (ooc my bad). He found the air colder than he liked and the reception warmer than he anticipated. His black suit coupled a a black fedora and sunglasses were almost stereotypical of Spanish agents of the Mendoza regime. As he approached president Coolidge he flashed a shy smile while speaking in his best English "president Coolidge, it is an honor to meet you."

Coolidge would quickly respond with a similar smile. "The honor is mine" Coolidge actually walked to the airport, and hoped Vela accepted this mode of transportation. If you do not mind, I would like to walk to the State House. It's not that far, and we may begin our meeting while taking in the sights."

Vela nodded as he pulled himself away from looking around the city, "of course, as you may have heard our empire is supporting Cuba's struggle to reunite with Spain. Our goals are simply to see our second empire flourish across the Atlantic. However I believe we might find opposition to us regaining our lost colony."

• 3 weeks later...

A radio burst transmission would be sent to Boston, 

"Imperial delegation would like to meet with the Commonwealth, we can arrange a meeting in Madrid. Due to the ongoing conflict Spanish ships crossing the Atlantic are not safe heading into North america." 

Hope Zimmerman, the Cabinet member for the Department of Defense and a Democrat, would be assigned the task of going to Madrid on a foreign affairs mission, as well as one for the defense of the nation of Massachusetts.

A radio transmission would be sent a couple of hours following the one from Spain, "Miss Zimmerman will arrive within a full rotation of the Earth."

Madrid would be prepared for Zimmerman's arrival, fanfare for both imperial Spain and the commonwealth would be displayed throughout the streets and the palace would display two hundred royal guards dressed for show. Mendoza himself would head the meeting and would have a fleet of motor vehicles bring Zimmerman straight to the palace.

Mendoza would welcome Miss Zimmerman into the imperial palace, "welcome Miss Zimmerman to Madrid. I hope the trip was pleasant". He would guide his guest to one of the many rooms on the first floor containing two couches four chairs and a table centeredin the middle. Servants standing by with refreshments would stand still as I'd made of stone, "care for anything? Coffee, wine, or maybe even tea?"

Mendoza appreciated the blunt response, "right to t be point. But I believe you know why we asked you here, the war with the communist is going to get bloodier. I am not backing down until they allow us land that is ours by right. These communist are a problem Miss Zimmerman, if they manage to remove us they will spread, the commonwealth's best interest might be in getting involved now while we have them bleeding in Florida."

"The communist have stated publicly they wish to spread their 'revolution'. This means marching north, they are a clear and present danger to your nation. Spain will support the commonwealth and help elevate it to its rightful place in north America. Spain is only interested in acquiring Cuba. As for how, commonwealth naval support in the Caribbean would go a long way and your long range bombers and ground forces would find easy targets along their northern border as most of the communist military is currently engaged with us."