Ambition

Unknown Smurf

It is not raiding that is bad, it is alliances defending raiding upon the un-aligned that hurts us all. Anything that would make hundreds and even thousand of people to leave this Planet hurts us all.

Again, you seem to think raiding is the biggest problem; the reason so many nations disappear and never come back.

It really isn't.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire purpose of posting that suggestion was to gather feedback on how to fine tune it beyond what I thought was a VERY well out together premise. But alas, here we are having smacked three neutral AAs (GOP, Pax, TDO) and working towards a fourth. It was meant to be a reasonable shield and segregation tool, not a way for smurf to skirt war cycles. I'm confident it would have been worth the effort. 

I thought it was a good idea, that of course needs tweaking like any new idea....what i really find odd is the fact that the GOD KING.....the EATER OF WORLDS.....the NECRO MONGER of cn would come up with such a good idea to actually HELP the neutral alliance's. Kinda goes against the grain a little bit, from what everyone perceived as his ultimate end game....right? Edited by eviljak

I thought it was a good idea, that of course needs tweaking like any new idea....what i really find odd is the fact that the GOD KING.....the EATER OF WORLDS.....the NECRO MONGER of cn would come up with such a good idea to actually HELP the neutral alliance's. Kinda goes against the grain a little bit, from what everyone perceived as his ultimate end game....right?

His suggestion basically amounts to peace mode with the ability to send aid. One could argue he suggested this so that smaller nations could be protected while still providing technology.

The flaws in the suggestion are numerous, anyone who doesn't see that is blind.

Imagine if NEW was neutral and just aid bombing Kaskus while we fought and there was nothing you guys could do about it except gather intel ops? I'm sure you'd be singing a different tune then.

His suggestion basically amounts to peace mode with the ability to send aid. One could argue he suggested this so that smaller nations could be protected while still providing technology.
The flaws in the suggestion are numerous, anyone who doesn't see that is blind.
Imagine if NEW was neutral and just aid bombing Kaskus while we fought and there was nothing you guys could do about it except gather intel ops? I'm sure you'd be singing a different tune then.

I thought we were talking about player retention? what pray tell are u talking about? As far as helping keep
players...this is a good idea. Edited by eviljak

Players that literally do nothing? What is the point?

The point is they get to grow their nation on their own terms without the fear of one day waking up to see their nation destroyed and of course to still donate monies to Admin :ehm: .  Also, how is what they do to gain NS any different then what you do to gain NS?.... NS IS NS....  If they want to sit in neutrality shouldn't they be given that option?  How would that impact your daily CN life?

Just because you wouldn't do it doesn't mean we should take the option away from other players.  As eviljack just said "This is about player retention".  Seriously, we need ways to keep players.  If nations wanted to use neutrality for 90-days to build up their nation and come out afterwards to war then wouldn't we all enjoy that?

HAHA what Cuba should have added: If someone leaves a neutral alliance before the 90-days and does not join another neutral alliance within 10-days they can be attacked and not attack back in defense.  Now that would have been awesome.

The entire purpose of posting that suggestion was to gather feedback on how to fine tune it beyond what I thought was a VERY well out together premise. But alas, here we are having smacked three neutral AAs (GOP, Pax, TDO) and working towards a fourth. It was meant to be a reasonable shield and segregation tool, not a way for smurf to skirt war cycles. I'm confident it would have been worth the effort.

I've only skimmed it so far, but can see that there is some overlap of what you offered in that thread and the outline I proposed in post #383 of this one.

Once the passions of this war die down, this should be discussed further -- most productively amongst the leaders of the various alliances.

But not now.

I have to address this one, because it has been voiced over and over and over again for years in response to the losses we have all suffered in population.

Players that literally do nothing? What is the point?

Nation rulers who don't do warz-n-stuff all of the time and instead concentrate more on the political, social and economic aspects of International Relations are not "doing nothing." They might be doing something that some of you are not interested in and may be over your heads from a maturity and/or intellectual standpoint, but they most certainly are doing SOMETHING. They are doing something that they find stimulating and worthwhile -- something that takes time and requires investment.

As the population has been continually whittled down since Might-Makes-Right replaced diplomacy and discourse -- and it was said "good riddance" concerning those who left -- can we honestly say that the 20% who remain are a better bunch than before? Are we really better off w/o that 80%?

OOC/Is the solution to keep bringing in new players -- shedding most of them when they figure out that they are not interested in playing a text-based war game bereft of politics -- until we can mold by means of force an entirely new society that is not interested in politics, but would find text messages and still pictures satisfying enough?

Do you really think that Cyber Nations can compete with this?

image2_zps5c0fc331.jpeg

It wasn't meant to.

A solution that allows a wider variety of players and interests is much more doable -- for those who are solution-oriented, that is. Those who are problem-oriented are only interested in finding reasons ideas offered by others won't work, while offering no workable alternatives of their own./OOC

One day wete gonna login and realize that our community has dropped down to a point of no return. Everyone is goin to whine and complain and disagree....pointing fingers and making blame as to what caused it. We need to have a plan now....the same old mind set isnt goin to save us. The biggest nation in the game, connected to the most dominant (RAIDING) alliance in the game...has made a suggestion beyond the scope of this same old warn out mind set. Lets at least consider this, or sum form of it.

As far as the comment that neutrals do nothing for the game....cn is the best txt based nation building game around. (Trust me ive looked) in part because it allows a player to PLAY the way they choose. Think about it...this isnt linear gameplay people.

God what a pointless discussion, yes let's argue about how to prevent something from occurring that already occurred months ago

The gigantic circlejerk at the top are never going to attack each other, the champions you seek are cowering in the corner, the grand coalition you imagine will never form. There is no hope nor is there any point in trying.

God what a pointless discussion, yes let's argue about how to prevent something from occurring that already occurred months ago

The gigantic circlejerk at the top are never going to attack each other, the champions you seek are cowering in the corner, the grand coalition you imagine will never form. There is no hope nor is there any point in trying.

Not with that negative attitude sir.

Cuba's suggestion simply clears out the neutral alliances from the top 250 raiding bracket, thereby facilitating DBDC raids on more and smaller nations without having to worry about large neutral alliances turning on them. It is simply a way of making the 250 rule more effective for top tier raiders. Not sure how that is going to solve the issues raised here - or have I missed something? (quite possible)...

Neutrals should not have admin protection [ooc]there ain't no admin to protect neutrals in rl[/ooc] - neutrals protect themselves. This is status quo, and as it should be.

Also, anyone who thinks military capability and projection is not part of international politics and security needs to think again. Removing such an essential realistic element for some would would do a huge disservice to the world.

Edited by Mihail the Just

Not with that negative attitude sir.

Beat me to it! (Also, you delivered the first nuke I ever took back when you were in BTA, but I'm sure you have a plaque in your living room commemorating that so I digress.)

Instead, dear Ogaden, I will inspire you with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!

Apparently, the tens of thousands of nations that left felt otherwise.

I know, "good riddance." :rolleyes:

Oh, you spoke to every one of them and the majority left because they were attacked? That's interesting. Every nation ruler I know [OOC]outside the game (and there are many of them)[/OOC] who departed did so for other reasons.

In no particular order:

• Grew up and/or got a life
  • Was bored
  • [OOC]Realized that in a world where there are a million and one great games, this one has trouble competing[/OOC]

That last one, and variations of it, are by far the reason(s) I've heard the most. In fact, it was the subject of a thread on this very forum not long after I came back last August. What began as one discussion ([OOC]"how to bring in more players"[/OOC]) quickly morphed into another ([OOC]"why CN has trouble measuring up"[/OOC]).

You want to blame the raiders and their so-called enablers? You go right ahead. But you're wrong and most people here know it. [OOC]What your criticism amounts to is that there are some people playing the game in a way you don't like. It is transparent and silly.

I spent a good chunk of my working life doing things like focusing on donor retention for non-profits. A large part of this meant being able to identify problematic membership trends well in advance. As early as 2009 I was talking about the average nation age and how it was dropping over time, indicating that people signed up, hung around for a while, and then just left.

My eldest son signed up here and did just that, saying that all of this 'bored' him. That was in 2007. And who am I to argue with him or tell him that he was wrong?

You say this was never intended to compete with PC/console gaming. All well and good. This does not change the fact that this is competing with PC/console gaming. Wishing it was otherwise does not make it so.[/OOC]

Yup. And anyone with a bit of sense saw it coming from a thousand miles away....

And with that I'm done with the circle jerk.

If bloody mindedness alone could change the world, it would have changed. We sacrificed and fought longer than any reasonable person should have, the people saying that I'm not being optimistic enough are the same people who did absolutely nothing and even now are waiting around for a white knight in shining armor to ride in and defeat DBDC. Well who is this white knight supposed to be? GPA? IRON? Where were you for the months and years even that people were fighting and dying and burning their nations to the ground to try and bring DBDC down a smidge? Oh right you were cowering in the corner.

So now what was once physically possible if people had the testicular fortitude is now simply physically impossible. You had your chance and you fucked up.