• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do something about it has a wonderful history steeped in tradition.  I am not sure your version of it makes sense though.

I am aware. Its a throwback to that "Wonderful" history and is poking fun at all those who actually use that phrase seriously. Especially when their own alliance is in pixel ruins.

I'm speaking of the fact that this is 23 pages of people arguing the validity of Fark's right to attack someone who aided their opponents - while they support a war started without any reason whatsoever.

My original post was targeted more towards the attacks coming without a proper DoW. That was my original issue, other than getting attacked in the first place. This seems to have gotten lost somewhere along the way, as well as the accusations of us cutting off access to our embassy (debunked) and the posting of our private embassies on this public forum.

I am aware. Its a throwback to that "Wonderful" history and is poking fun at all those who actually use that phrase seriously. Especially when their own alliance is in pixel ruins.

It is a cherished phrase, but it hardly seems apt at times of war as clearly someone has done something about it.  Works much better during peace time.  You on the other hand are superfluous to requirements.

I am sorry, I have followed this thread in silence: for too long now and every time I read the OP, something really grates on me...

They usually involve at some point near the end, an undeclared attack on a small state. Remember when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan? Remember when Britain attacked the Falklands?

It may be OOC, but Britain DEFENDED the Falklands against an undeclared attack by another nation! 

OK, carry on with your vital discussion about tech wars!

I am sorry, I have followed this thread in silence: for too long now and every time I read the OP, something really grates on me...

It may be OOC, but Britain DEFENDED the Falklands against an undeclared attack by another nation! 

OOC: I am sorry to all other (RL) historian buffs here, I may have been confused by Argentinian propaganda at some point. I have done further research and see that the residents of the islands were predominantly British and wanted to maintain loyalty to Britain. During this research, I did find a different parallel:

Neither state, however, officially declared war (both sides did declare the Islands areas a war zone and officially recognised that a state of war existed between them) and hostilities were almost exclusively limited to the territories under dispute ....

OOC: I am sorry to all other (RL) historian buffs here, I may have been confused by Argentinian propaganda at some point. I have done further research and see that the residents of the islands were predominantly British and wanted to maintain loyalty to Britain. During this research, I did find a different parallel:

Interesting

It may be OOC, but Britain DEFENDED the Falklands against an undeclared attack by another nation! 

OOC: And it really only took... 23 pages for someone to correct this?  Or did my eyes skip too many pages of this thread?  Hah.

Back on topic for me, this move by Fark and Co. is good but... still extremely late regarding even the whole concept of specifically solely targeting any and all tech dealers to upper tier tech buyers.  Will also agree with what was already said in that this invasion of the WFF appears to be cherrypicking.  As well as was said before too though, you do what you have to do, now we'll do what we have to do  :war:  

o/ WFF

o/ More casualties