• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PR strategy: Repeat that FARK are bullies on every page no matter how many times the point is refuted.

PR strategy: Don't have Tywin in your alliance, automatic win.

...there's no statue of limitations on schadenfreude.

Thank you for that information.
children-parenting-statues-kids-curfews-

...I'm mainly here to enjoy the sight of you and yours repeatedly getting your teeth kicked in...Watching the spiritual heirs of Electron Sponge get introduced to the business end of a jack boot is the best game in town right now.

By all means, please, drag this fight out beyond all reason. Continue to get smashed in the face whenever you get back up again....

Wow, that really sounds like bad things are happening to us. It's a good thing that you're here to let us know these things. Victory is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose. There is nobody at Polaris who is expressing envy of the aggressors in this conflict; we certainly would not want to be them and are quite content with who we are. And that will not change no matter how many pixels we lose.

Wow, that really sounds like bad things are happening to us. It's a good thing that you're here to let us know these things. Victory is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose. There is nobody at Polaris who is expressing envy of the aggressors in this conflict; we certainly would not want to be them and are quite content with who we are. And that will not change no matter how many pixels we lose.

Spamming peace mode really takes the sting out of war, doesn't it?

Thank you for that information.
children-parenting-statues-kids-curfews-

You know, I was issuing forth that last bit of correspondence from my mobile device (busy nation ruler and all). However, I appreciate the humor in the way you caught my gaffe.

The rest of it just seems like a "why are you saying things/We don't care about what you say", which rolls right into "Why does anyone say anything", "I don't care you don't care", etc, etc, ad nauseum. So I'll let that be for now.

Could you elaborate on that? I honestly don't know what you mean.

The rest of it just seems like a "why are you saying things/We don't care about what you say", which rolls right into "Why does anyone say anything", "I don't care you don't care", etc, etc, ad nauseum. So I'll let that be for now.

You are free to characterize based upon...what you bring to the table as you see fit. I am saying that Polaris defines neither victory nor defeat based upon pixels. As I said, our evaluations certainly are not based upon any desire to be anything like those who are attacking us. As Starfox had said, "Something people in this game don't realize is that attacking something doesn't make it go away, and it doesn't make it change."

At war's end, I and Polaris will be the same. Maybe with fewer pixels, but other things are more important -- and that can never be taken away no matter what anyone does to us.

War/Peace Preference: war.gif War is an option for Golden Empire since 11/8/2013.

Why would we need to into peace mode? No, what's taking the sting out of it is that most of the alliances fighting us are barely managing to keep up enough of a declare rate to bother calling it a war. Seriously, I've never been in a war against superior numbers where I've been able to spend this much time sitting in war mode with nobody declaring. I didn't even bother going into peace mode when I was away for a week in the middle of the war. 

All this false bravado tells me that Polaris couldn't be more butthurt if it had a nine-inch, Doombird-engraved dildo stuffed up its ass.

That's not very nice, is it? [EDIT: You're a diplomat?]

The only thing I feel is embarrassed for you guys. It seems like the ones who are 'frustrated' are those on the other side and their sycophants who keep feeling the need to tell us how badly we have it. Over and over and over again.

Which, incidentally, it does.

* walford checks - I don't see or feel anything, but you're obviously the expert on such matters.

Edited by Walford

The only thing I feel is embarrassed for you guys. It seems like the ones who are 'frustrated' are those on the other side and their sycophants who keep feeling the need to tell us how badly we have it. Over and over and over again.

You know, in the darkness of antiquity, when you were young, people used to use their words during conflicts to make mock of one another, and to advocate for their respective positions.

I feel this sense of "I don't understand why you guys are saying things" you keep purveying is snake oil.  Frankly, its abit beneath your stature, and certainly not up to par with your historic reputation for political dialogue. When I argued against you, Kaos, and Vincent in the old days of GW3, you certainly had a more cogent and tangible philosophy and defense of your culture.

I'll give you this piece of advice for free; you or someone competent needs to get hold of the narrative, if you can. While words alone cannot always sway wars, there is many a time that the appearance of victory is a victor in truth, and the moral victory (which might have been ceded to you if people didn't have a long memory when it comes to Polaris) is a fundamental part of the total victory.

Or don't. For me, it makes  no difference, except in entertainment value.

All this false bravado tells me that Polaris couldn't be more butthurt if it had a nine-inch, Doombird-engraved dildo stuffed up its ass.

Hi Helios

I know it is a difficult concept to understand, but not everyone shares your view of life, the universe or everything.  I am quite happy fighting forever and ever and ever and at no stage will I be butt-hurt about DBDC.  DBDC are not engaged with us and are now completely irrelevant almost forever to us.  We will of course entertain their toadies for a long time to come, but Cuba et al will find us suspiciously out of range for the foreseeable future.  

It always amused me when someone from a bowl smear alliance such as yourself wanders into a conversation and starts posturing about how I must be feeling when what they are really suggesting is how they would feel in the exact same situation.  This is not in fact correct,  Polaris is very happy with its current situation and most happy for it to continue until we are ready to think about discussing the end of it.  In the mean time, we will continue to declare wars against those we truly despise and counter such responses as come our way, choosing to spend our resources how we see fit.

If you had the objectivity to rationally view the results of all the wars ever fought on Bob you would find some data right there that would suggest you turn at the wheel will be short lived and that the toadies you call friends will ultimately re-align themselves, divide into competing interests, backstab each other, reform into other alliances, change leadership, delete, merge or continue but in 12 months time the world will not look a hell of a lot like the one we have now.  You however can hang onto the fantasy that #1 I agree with your assertions, #2 my butt-hurt is obvious by the fact that I bother to engage with half tards such as yourself or #3 that I or anyone else gives a rat's fundamental orifice what you think or presume.

You know, in the darkness of antiquity, when you were young, people used to use their words during conflicts to make mock of one another, and to advocate for their respective positions.

I feel this sense of "I don't understand why you guys are saying things" you keep purveying is snake oil.  Frankly, its abit beneath your stature, and certainly not up to par with your historic reputation for political dialogue. When I argued against you, Kaos, and Vincent in the old days of GW3, you certainly had a more cogent and tangible philosophy and defense of your culture.

I'll give you this piece of advice for free; you or someone competent needs to get hold of the narrative, if you can. While words alone cannot always sway wars, there is many a time that the appearance of victory is a victor in truth, and the moral victory (which might have been ceded to you if people didn't have a long memory when it comes to Polaris) is a fundamental part of the total victory.

In the grim darkness that is the history of Bob? I was never young in your lifetime.

You are projecting your own values and assumptions onto us, we are not the same as you, not even a little bit.  We have no desire to ''control the narrative''.  There is no narrative to control, the intelligent discourse you seek would be entirely one-sided if we even bothered.  Your side has devolved the standards of Bob the the point where it is barely recognizable in any shape or form.  Do not scream that we should be doing anything, do not suggest that we are at lack.  You seek something you are incapable of providing yourself.

As for entertainment, that is why we are all here.  You gain yours in the current situation, I have had mine countless times.  It is the price to pay for participation, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.  

As for your last post, you have never known me, I don't recall a single conversation with you of any note, you have no idea what my agendas were or are or how I derive my continuing interest.  You try to mock me, but you find yourself short of a decent shot every time, the closest you can come is some misjudgement of what I care about.  Try harder or just stop, the time you seek is long past.

Edited by AlmightyGrub

The worm really has turned when the likes of you is waxing nostalgic about the days when there were robust conversations and much more interesting characters from diverse backgrounds expressing themselves.

Those days are long gone. All I do now is find fellow Polars under attack and fight alongside them. What else is there to do in this post-apocalyptic world?

There is no 'narrative' other than we are being attacked and are fighting back. It doesn't matter what others might think what would constitute a 'moral victory' for Polaris. We have our own standards and do not need anyone else's approval -- certainly not from those who wish us ill.

As much time and effort you and others are putting into trying to convince us that we're beaten and should quit, it seems that all of this makes some kind of difference to you. 

You don't have to project how easily offended you are onto everyone, Agent Blue.

The worm really has turned when the likes of you is waxing nostalgic about the days when there were robust conversations and much more interesting characters from diverse backgrounds expressing themselves.

Those days are long gone. All I do now is find fellow Polars under attack and fight alongside them. What else is there to do in this post-apocalyptic world?

There is no 'narrative' other than we are being attacked and are fighting back. It doesn't matter what others might think what would constitute a 'moral victory' for Polaris. We have our own standards and do not need anyone else's approval -- certainly not from those who wish us ill.

As much time and effort you and others are putting into trying to convince us that we're beaten and should quit, it seems that all of this makes some kind of difference to you. 

The likes of me? Lord, that almost sounds as though you are inferring something in regards to my character; and not something nice either. That's a hard row to hoe if that was your intent.

As to the rest; you're the only game left in town. If there was a more interesting conflict going on, I'd be politicking over there instead.

I've been reading the past few pages of this thread and for a few moments there I thought I was transported in a time machine back to 2007.  Spent parts of an hour trouble shooting a problem with the \m/ forums.  I blame flashbacks.

What's the problem here?

Edited by ChairmanHal

That's not very nice, is it? [EDIT: You're a diplomat?]

* walford checks - I don't see or feel anything, but you're obviously the expert on such matters.

I don't play nice. I also don't believe a single letter of anything your alliance has uttered over the last few days about not giving a crap about pixels. It's been said before and it'll be said again but everybody knows it's !@#$%^&*. I'm not entirely sure where you got the idea of me being frustrated from, I'm simply calling you out on account of the sheer amount of !@#$ that's being thrown out there by representatives of Polaris wait I forgot there's a blockage of the thick and long variety up there so you can't reach it. Well you get the point.

Hi Helios

I know it is a difficult concept to understand, but not everyone shares your view of life, the universe or everything.  I am quite happy fighting forever and ever and ever and at no stage will I be butt-hurt about DBDC.  DBDC are not engaged with us and are now completely irrelevant almost forever to us.  We will of course entertain their toadies for a long time to come, but Cuba et al will find us suspiciously out of range for the foreseeable future.

It always amused me when someone from a bowl smear alliance such as yourself wanders into a conversation and starts posturing about how I must be feeling when what they are really suggesting is how they would feel in the exact same situation.  This is not in fact correct,  Polaris is very happy with its current situation and most happy for it to continue until we are ready to think about discussing the end of it.  In the mean time, we will continue to declare wars against those we truly despise and counter such responses as come our way, choosing to spend our resources how we see fit.

If you had the objectivity to rationally view the results of all the wars ever fought on Bob you would find some data right there that would suggest you turn at the wheel will be short lived and that the toadies you call friends will ultimately re-align themselves, divide into competing interests, backstab each other, reform into other alliances, change leadership, delete, merge or continue but in 12 months time the world will not look a hell of a lot like the one we have now.  You however can hang onto the fantasy that #1 I agree with your assertions, #2 my butt-hurt is obvious by the fact that I bother to engage with half tards such as yourself or #3 that I or anyone else gives a rat's fundamental orifice what you think or presume.

Hello AlmightyGrub

"DBDC are not engaged with us and are now completely irrelevant almost forever to us". Did you say that with a straight face? Yeah, I couldn't either. I also don't think Polaris being out of range of Doombirds to be suspicious at all, it's obvious what you're trying to do there and I don't think it'll work either; it'll be tougher to market yourselves as the "premier permanently low-tier blue-team alliance", am I right? Might wanna throw in a "seriously guys, don't grow above 90k NS kay?" with those recruitment messages. And what of your allies? Going to subject them to the same treatment?

All the posturing at the moment is coming from you and yours, nobody else. I'm amazed at how warped you people are with this "behold my commitment" crap to the point that you express yourself as being very happy with getting kicked in the teeth. Fortunately I know better, so I know it's crap. I also observed many public expressions by Polaris at the outset of this war and boy did they sound everything but happy.

Yes the world and the people in it will change. AlmightySherlock should be your new name if you ever opt to change it.

You don't have to project how easily offended you are onto everyone, Agent Blue.

Go back to cooking your meth in the corner quietly young man.