CNRPA Anti-Hegemony Rule/Standard

Maelstrom Vortex

Very simple:

1. All nations over 100k NS must RP as if they are competitors for the world's resources. They are not permitted to form diplomatic relations other than trade.They may not intervene in each others wars except as adversaries. They MAY make temporary agreements not to involve themselves in each others conflicts, but on the understanding it's just a sheet of paper that would need enforced if the agreement broken.

There has been a history of bandwagoning of large states in other variants for global control. This would strictly limit such behavior.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

I think it works, people can RP with whatever groups they want to, it has been proven repeatedly that certain members of the community cannot and will not cooperate with other members, so leave everyone in their separate camps they already divide up into on an OOCly level that has always bled into an IC level.

no, that attitude is the problem. it is a rp, not a competition. people are way too attached to their nations and to specific storylines in their head and that's what causes the shitty behavior that makes the rp bad. what makes the rp good is collaboration, but collaboration can really only take place in an atmosphere that promotes it. if everybody decided to say "hey, you know what, i'm going to rp regardless of the consequences and not be a shit about things" the RP would be transformed and the culture that we have here would be much more positive. no, you all treat it like you have to win, and the competition devolves until everybody hates each other and nobody trusts anyone except people they know OOC also take this shit way too seriously and thus wouldn't turn on them because of the OOC friendship. but, in reality, the OOC realm should have nothing to do with our foreign affairs. it will, and that's okay, because IRL things happened that were not immediately obvious based on personal relationships or whims and other things that are not replicated in the RP, such as public opinion. but it crosses a line at OOC manipulation for IC means - not IC collaboration because of OOC trust.

I assume that was to mogar? It is of my opinion that players who are over 100k shouldn't have a concern about the fact the polarity of the world needs to be balanced out in order to promote a balanced game that prevents hegemonic behavior, accident or not. I see such sacrifice as a form of collaboration.

Probably. I've never once seen a #hegemon attack another in the past 3 years, and I never will besides in RP1 where there's nobody else but them left. Using FHIC and I as an example, if she ends up with a non royalist government, we will be enemies and I will likely support anyone's attempts to bring down the government. 

Edited by Mogar

but... of course... if we simply tried to RP better, we would leave OOC shit completely at the door, and we would more perfectly RP the nations we're RPing in their environments as they would exist in a world

hence why "rp better" is the only option

everybody just needs to stop letting the OOC factor into their IC decisions and should instead as individuals seek to - for their nation - replicate everything as accurately as possible, including, ideally, with collaboration from other players as to the likelihood of their scenarios actually happening.

I'd love to do that Hereno, but I have been brought ot realization that if I actually reflected my IC nation there are actual serious issues due to the magnitude of difference in power between me and those around me.

That's a misuse of collaboration Mogar, more like conspiracy. Collaboration in a community must take into account community impact, not merely be for a specific group.

>my rp has issues

fix them, then, and stop making excuses for bad rp.

>other people aren't good rpers

this is not an excuse for you to not be a good rper.

---

seriously. no matter what you say, the problem is going to come down to bad rp or making excuses to continue being a bad rper. because that's the actual problem. it's why splitting us into a billion rps will never fix it. because it's the same people who don't understand that the nations they play doing better or worse should have zero OOC impact on them other than enjoying the storyline.

Hey I said it in quotes for a reason, I don't think it's incredibly collaborative to prop up two particular players for 4 years when more of the world wants to end their regime. but again, regarding collaboration, there's a massive difference between the knowledge of someone who works at a defense think tank and those of us with a high school education, your belief that collaboration can happen in which one person says NOPE I HAVE THE BEST STUFF EVER AND NONE OF IT CAN BE DEFEATED EVER, and his stooges back up his !@#$%^&* is simply incorrect.

You're essentially saying we should, rather than exist in a world everyone involved has an impact upon the storyline that will occur, simply crawl back and enjoy the storyline that someone else wrote and at best be left alone in the world they desire. Let them exist in the world they so desperately desired, they did not wish to collaborate, they wished to win, and now their world has withered.

Edited by Mogar

"fix" "better""good" "bad" - Relative terms and based on opinion.

"understanding" - an even more vague word whose actual content is frequently lost to the vague nature of linguistics itself and terrible communications skills

I agree with the last statement which is clear and concise, the perceived improvement or deterioration of a nation SHOULDN'T have an impact on enjoyment. This has been my mantra. The only thing that denies me enjoyment is being unable to act because of exceedingly stringent rules and a general lack of things to do for fear of someone getting upset.

Some people saying playing your IG nation is  good. Some don't. Some say big nations working together is okay, some don't. Some people don't care how their nations do, some do because of emotional tie ins.

I would like to get a good long war rp going.. problem is getting people to like the terms I want to fight it on, even if I have said I'll lose.. that's how picky people are. You can't just pledge to lose.. you have to do things their way.. always.

Bad RPers continue to RP badly, and you are telling us to go RP with them when it is clear that there is no way to prevent them from continuing to do exactly what they have done. RP2 is an excellent example of how wonderful #hegemon worlds are, Great Britain sprouts into existence and is suddenly wanting to be best buds with Tianxia, and Novak is totally down with giving Great Britain Australia for nothing really with no major previous interaction, its only the largest island in the world and tens of millions of people, no big deal.

Because you made the claim that splitting off is the problem, when most of us are quite happy in a #hegemon free world.

i am not margrave

i know, all white people look alike, but really nothing you've said in response to me has anything to do with my post

get out of your head for a while, man.