LIMITING AA'S MEMBERSHIP...?!!

MY suggestion:  Maybe it is time for the down sizing of the AA's here, given the low membership

participation and most of the available gamers going into the alliances bigger than 10-20 members ...

for fear of being harassed and destroyed too fast if in a smaller AA...  I think limiting AA's  between

12 to 18 members will benefit the game at this point in time, and in the case the membership base for

TE climb up, it can be possible to allow 6 more guys to the AA's for each 50 members PLAYING

BEYOND 350 ...!     

If this suggestion were to be implemented, you would just see colonies of sorts sprouting off of the larger alliances. i.e. an alliance with 30 players interested would be split up into three 10 member AAs who make a public statement to be considered as one, resulting in entirely unnecessary complications when planning wars.

Edited by Kurdanak

MY suggestion:  Maybe it is time for the down sizing of the AA's here, given the low membership

participation and most of the available gamers going into the alliances bigger than 10-20 members ...

for fear of being harassed and destroyed too fast if in a smaller AA...  I think limiting AA's  between

12 to 18 members will benefit the game at this point in time, and in the case the membership base for

TE climb up, it can be possible to allow 6 more guys to the AA's for each 50 members PLAYING

BEYOND 350 ...!

Why didn't you suggest this back when Skaro was the largest alliance in TE? You bragged about that fact so many times in the past.

How much of this is due to the fact that Skaro no longer has those numbers?

B-)

If this suggestion were to be implemented, you would just see colonies of sorts sprouting off of the larger alliances. i.e. an alliance with 30 players interested would be split up into three 10 member AAs who make a public statement to be considered as one, resulting in entirely unnecessary complications when planning wars.

:huh: -  Read again:  12 to 18 members(nations)!    Think positive: more leadership opportunities developing; more aa's to look for when planning wars;  and No enormous alliances getting the top spots just on it's sheer numbers...plus more places to join in for the new guys here...!  So the view of having their nations rapidly killed off, will be a lesser concern to them...!     Uh,wait there, are you talking about the possibility of...of...

Treaties ,Deals or Partnerships here...?  Will W.Doves be down to it? Wow!  Interesting,man!

Why didn't you suggest this back when Skaro was the largest alliance in TE? You bragged about that fact so many times in the past.

How much of this is due to the fact that Skaro no longer has those numbers?

:facepalm: - B.Sarius ... are you serious?  350-375 nations playing here have nothing to tell ya' yet...?   (And, yes we were the biggest a while back, thank-you! )

you mad son. No limits on AA numbers

:gag: - Probably... but this has a lot of common sense, howling. The time for limits has come strong...!

Edited by HDSupreme

:huh: -  Read again:  12 to 18 members(nations)!    Think positive: more leadership opportunities developing; more aa's to look for when planning wars;  and No enormous alliances getting the top spots just on it's sheer numbers...plus more places to join in for the new guys here...!  So the view of having their nations rapidly killed off, will be a lesser concern to them...!

I think you're the one here who needs to read again, HD. Let's apply this directly to War Doves, for example. I'm going to say off the top of my head that we'll have 30 members interested for next round. If this was implemented, we would just have something like a War Doves AA, a War Hawks AA, and a War Eagles AA if necessary, each led by a different member of our triumvirate. An announcement would be made at the beginning of the round stating that we are to be considered as one alliance, simply broke up to circumvent a ridiculous member limit rule. No matter how this rule is implemented regarding member limits, no matter what is forbidden, there will be a way to circumvent it if one does not agree with it. The only change this suggestion would result in is a headache for competent alliances out there. Edited by Kurdanak

B-)

So the people from FIST, Avengers , NATO, BlueWater, etc.  will have to split too and make equal arrangements, I suppose...?!

Hmm, interesting...!     Of course could get their numbers's limit up to 18( 3 full TC's) if they like it more... 

but you have always gone against those AA's public Treaties...   why change that now?  

Surely Belisarius will like to show how skillful he is without your or other leaders aid...  let the people come in and 

be ready for a new set of possible circumstances to face up in this game...!  

What you're suggesting is ridiculous. I don't want to run an 18 member AA on my own, I tried that with Rat Basterds and it was a real ball ache which is why I now work with my friends in War Doves. In my opinion limiting numbers of members in game just makes no sense as it wont provide any extra challenge or spice up the game you'll just end up with several AA's all working under one banner. It wont increase membership and people who lead now will still lead then. I just see no point to it and lets be honest if Skaro had 40-50 members still you wouldn't be suggesting it. 

B-)

It could be challenging, but that's a part of this game: challenges!   What i am looking for is the

opportunity for those guys that have tried this and  went out of the game because of the being raided to death or just 

believing that can not enjoy it because just the "Biggies" dominate it...!      We need to to stop the gamer's flying to never come

back...! :unsure:

B-)

It could be challenging, but that's a part of this game: challenges!   What i am looking for is the

opportunity for those guys that have tried this and  went out of the game because of the being raided to death or just 

believing that can not enjoy it because just the "Biggies" dominate it...!      We need to to stop the gamer's flying to never come

back...! :unsure:

The only "challenge" to this would be that of administrative headache; i.e. would a bottle of Advil last the entire round?  Like Kurdanak said it wouldn't do anything to stop people from playing together as one AA; again using the "War Doves, War Hawks" analogy they would be one political entity just with several names.  It would not stop them from acting as a single alliance.  This holds true for the other AA's you mentioned, or indeed, any AA in the game.  In the end nothing would actually change.

The only "challenge" to this would be that of administrative headache; i.e. would a bottle of Advil last the entire round?  Like Kurdanak said it wouldn't do anything to stop people from playing together as one AA; again using the "War Doves, War Hawks" analogy they would be one political entity just with several names.  It would not stop them from acting as a single alliance.  This holds true for the other AA's you mentioned, or indeed, any AA in the game.  In the end nothing would actually change.

B-)

I agree that It's a possible  first thought in the mind of the more successful AA's here...

but the game can not continue with this losing pattern for another year, I estimate.  The new guys need  to 

feel "Free"  to develop into an "inhabitant"   of TE, as most of us came to "be"... It wasn't easy (tell me!)  ...!

Trying new ways of playing this thing, capable of ATTRACTING and KEEPING players IS the KEY NOTE here...!  

ADMIN has, and still is doing his part... with new ideas, WE now HAVE to come out with NEW Ideas , STAT!! 

About Kurdy's analogy...   DO you think is gonna be a customary behavior of him, that if his "10"nations AA come 

to be under attack by any band of  10 or 12 nations (possible newbies aboard) he is going to

cry out and loud for "help" to the other groups of 10,12 or whatever number would be , to face the attack...?   We all have a

name to that kind of behavior,... haven't we?    I think he will face it honestly as a one on one war...  Unless he see them as 

way too superior in ANS(double, triple etc...) and believe is in danger of getting rolled real badly in a horrible down-declare... and

even at that he'll be cautious not to over worked it,since the rest of TE are observing the developing war acts...!  

Same if he decided to declared on another AA about his AA's size or slightly over that...   I don't believe he's going to call on another 10

or 20 ex Doves to  help him poop up the ensuing countering Wars...!  COME ON Guys!!!      :frantic:  

The game will adapt finely to this,  and the fun Will be back for all of us and the new ones entering the

"dance"  at TE's  explosive Ball floor...!   :excl:  :popcorn:  :nuke:  

Edited by HDSupreme

Terrible idea. Its great to see bigger alliances. More members in the game. Kudos to War Doves & FIST.

B-)

The terrible idea will be to continue with the actual losing trend, Komplex!  Look, just 4 to 5 years ago TE had between 1500 to 2000 participants and several AA with 100 and more nations in membership...  Down to a couple of 30 or more members AAs now, and just a little over 375 participants...!   If you think having a bunch of big AAs now, of over 30 - 40 nations plus,  is the equivalent of  "more members" in the game...  :huh:  :wacko:  :mellow:

Edited by HDSupreme

Answer exactly how limiting numbers in an alliance is going to bring in new members. 

I can tell you now I wont play if it happens. If you want more members in the game recruit people from your SE alliance don't limit the people who enjoy playing together in other alliances just because you don't like that they're so big. 

Answer exactly how limiting numbers in an alliance is going to bring in new members. 

I can tell you now I wont play if it happens. If you want more members in the game recruit people from your SE alliance don't limit the people who enjoy playing together in other alliances just because you don't like that they're so big. 

B-)

A more balanced game field.  Easier to come in as a new gamer and start a new AA with another bunch of new gamers...  5,6 10 12 ,etc... and having the opportunity to respond in kind when attacked by another 10, 12 15 members AA more or less of the same ANS...  an actual opportunity to get "Allies" if needed...  the actual opportunity to learn War skills  battling "Foes"  of  around the same size, little more , little less...  not getting bundled with other smaller AA into an impossible war by a huge Abuser... etc...!   And, all of this will go back to more regular TE as the membership base expand, thus allowing  more members per AA, as today levels or even more!   But the thing is to show the new people they can join and enjoy this game!

Admin actually suggested something along these lines, which everyone vehemently objected.

B-)

Yes...  But, it is now the time to give it a "TRY"   for 3-4 Rounds and see the results...!

Edited by HDSupreme

B-)

If we did that the Avengers would become even more overpowered.

^_^  -  Avengers. "MORE" overpowered...?    I don't think so,Top G.  Remember that each veteran player from AA's participating will be practicing

what have learnt about Nation's development, money, war, etc...!    All veterans will adopt and adapt their skills to

their new upcoming groups...  so, basically All the actual "First Line" AAs  will have to "earn" that position again,

playing  this way...   So won't be just Avengers  on the line , or War Doves... maybe "The Green Lanterns" or

"The War Cookoos" will be the ones to  overcome next...~ ^_^

Edited by HDSupreme

Have to agree with this. Even though I don't play TE anymore.