This Week in Os's World

Schattenmann

Heh and good point Shimmer.  I think i'll go back to ignoring this sub-forum of the OWF.

For the record guess . . . 

You just can't stop lying, can you?  :-P

Edited by Orville Reginbacher

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just can't stop lying, can you?  :-P

Well polar fan boys back on the wagon. For the record Os has always been a straight shooter with me so guess what I am inclined to take his word on this without question.

Not sure I see what the problem is Schatt.  Even if your interpretation of everything is correct, I don't get how that's bad.

I mean, except for the constant lying about the 100k tech offer maybe.  But people lie all the time.  Not sure it deserves a big call out.  I assume you mean that the offer itself is somehow a bad indicator of Os's character, not withstanding the lies about never making it.

You're looking too deeply, which is a compliment to the reputation of This Week ;)

There's no big narrative or indictment: Os brought this up again on his own apropos of nothing, it's annoying that he continues to lie about it, I'm bored, here we are.

Well polar fan boys back on the wagon. For the record Os has always been a straight shooter with me so guess what I am inclined to take his word on this without question.

Speaking of goofy narratives, on page 1 of this thread a flood of Polar fanboys was predicted, has failed to appear, and you are still referring to 1 guy as a "wagon."

Let's get this really clear: As a committed idealist in a dynamic world, I've necessarily spent about half my life criticizing Polaris.  I like Polaris right now, and Polaris likes me.  There is a fair amount of respect for me in Polaris, there is also a fair amount of disdain and there is even some outright distrust and disgust (trust me, I've searched my own name against the forum).  There is not in any sense of the word a Schattenmann bandwagon in Polaris. 

They're a thinking crowd.

Edited by Schattenmann

˙ʞǝǝʍ ɐ uı uıɐƃɐ ʞɔǝɥɔ ll,ı ǝqʎɐɯ  ˙pɐǝɹɥʇ ǝɥʇ ƃuıɹouƃı oʇ ʞɔɐq oƃ ll,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɥʇıʍ puɐ

8619503ʎɹʇuǝ#uɐʌɐɹsoq2%+snpɹɐq2%+ʎdsq2%+ɟɹnɯsq2%=lɥ¿3-ǝƃɐd/uoısnlǝp-781411/ɔıdoʇ/¿dɥd˙xǝpuı/ʇǝu˙suoıʇɐuɹǝqʎɔ˙sɯnɹoɟ//:dʇʇɥ

ɟɹnɯs+02%uʍouʞun+=lɥ¿/ɹɐʍ-ɟo-uoıʇɐɹɐlɔǝp-072421/ɔıdoʇ/¿dɥd˙xǝpuı/ʇǝu˙suoıʇɐuɹǝqʎɔ˙sɯnɹoɟ//:dʇʇɥ

˙punoɹɐ suoıʇɐsnɔɔɐ ʍoɹɥʇ oʇ ʇǝƃ ʇou op 'ɟɹnɯs ǝldoǝd llɐ ɟo noʎ 'ʇou ɹo ɹɐıl ɐ ɯɐ ı ʞuıɥʇ noʎ ɹǝɥʇǝɥʍ   ˙ʎʇılıqıpǝɹɔ ɹnoʎ ʇnoqɐ ƃuıʎɐs spǝǝu ʇɐɥʇ llɐ sʎɐs ʇɐɥʇ  ˙ʍolǝq ƃuıʎl noʎ ɟo spɐǝɹɥʇ ɟo ǝldnoɔ ɐ pǝʇsod ı  ˙ɹɐʍ lɐqolƃ ɐ noʎ ʇǝƃ plnoʍ ʇı ʇɥƃnoɥʇ noʎ ɟı ɹǝɥʇoɯ uʍo ɹnoʎ oʇ ǝıl plnoʍ noʎ   ˙ƃuıʎl ɟo ǝɯ ƃuısnɔɔɐ ǝɹɐ noʎ ʇɐɥʇ ʇɔɐɟ ǝɥʇ  ˙ɟɹnɯs  ˙ppɐ oʇ ǝʌɐɥ ı 'oslɐ

˙puɐʇs llıʇs plnoʍ ʇuıod sɹǝqɹǝq '(ʇ,usɐʍ ʇı) snoıɹǝs sɐʍ ʇı ɟı llǝɥ puɐ

˙ǝldoǝd ʞǝǝɥɔ uı ǝnƃuoʇ   ˙ʇı uo sʇnd ʇʇɐɥɔs uıds ʍollɐʍs oʇ pɹɐɥ ʎllıs ǝɥʇ ʇsnɾ 'pǝdʎʇ ǝɹǝʍ spɹoʍ ǝɥʇ pǝıuǝp ɹǝʌǝu ǝʌ,ı  ˙ʇuǝʇuoɔ ǝɥʇ ƃuıssıɯsıp ʇnq spɹoʍ ǝɥʇ pǝdʎʇ ı ƃuıƃpǝlʍouʞɔɐ sʇsod noʎ ʍoɥs ʎlpɐlƃ ll,ı 'ǝɯ ǝʌıǝlǝq ʇ,uop noʎ ɟı  ˙ɹǝɟɟo snoıɹǝs ɐ ʇusɐʍ ʇı ʇɐɥʇ sƃop sıɥ puɐ ʇʇɐɥɔs oʇ uıɐldxǝ ı ǝɹǝɥʍ ɟʍo ǝɥʇ uo puɐ spɹɐoq upo ǝɥʇ uo sʇsod ǝldıʇlnɯ sǝɹǝɥʇ  ˙ʇı pǝıuǝp ɹǝʌǝu ǝʌ,ı  ˙sǝʎ ::lloɹ ǝʎǝ:: ¿,sdǝɹ ʞ001, spɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ǝdʎʇ ı pıp  ˙ǝʌoɹd sƃol ǝsǝɥʇ oɯı ʇɐɥʍ ǝ˙ı  "˙uıds oʇ dn sq ƃuıʞɐɯ ǝɹɐ noʎ puɐ ɹǝɟɟo snoıɹǝs ou sɐʍ ǝɹǝɥʇ" "˙ʇɐɥʇ ɟo ɹǝɟɟo lɐǝɹ ou sɐʍ ǝɹǝɥʇ ʍouʞ noʎ" ɟo uoıʇɐıɹɐʌ ǝɯos pıɐs ǝʌı ɥɔǝʇ ʞ001 ɹǝɟɟo ʇupıp ı pıɐs ǝʌ,ı ǝɯıʇ ʎɹǝʌǝ  ˙oƃɐ sǝƃɐ pǝʞɐǝl ʇnoqɐ pǝıɹɹoʍ os sı ʇʇɐɥɔs ʇɐɥʇ oʌuoɔ sıɥʇ puɐ  ˙oɯ ʎɯ ʇou sʇɐɥʇ  ˙,ǝıl, ʇ,uop ı ʇou ɹo ǝɯ ǝʞıl noʎ ɹǝɥʇǝɥʍ  ˙dn ɹǝʌoɔ oʇ ƃuıɥʇou s,ǝɹǝɥʇ ˙ǝsɐǝld ˙dn sıɥʇ ɹǝʌoɔ oʇ ƃuıʎɹʇ puɐ ,ƃuıʎl, uǝǝq ʇou ǝʌ,ı os

˙llǝʍ sɐ ǝɹoɟǝq ʎlɔılqnd pǝssnɔsıp uǝǝq sɐɥ puɐ oƃɐ ɹɐǝʎ ɐ pǝuǝddɐɥ ʇı  ˙sʍǝu ƃuıʞɐǝɹq ʇ,usı sıɥʇ  ˙sʞuıl dn ƃıp oʇ ʎɹʇ llı 'ǝɯ ǝʌǝılǝq ʇusǝop ʎllɐǝɹ ǝuoʎuɐ ɟı  ˙ǝɹoɟǝq ʇı pǝʇsod sɐɥ ǝɥ uıɐʇɹǝɔ %001 oʇ ǝsolɔ ɯı ʇɔɐɟ uı  ˙spɐǝɹɥʇ snoıɹɐʌ uı ƃuıʞlɐʇ ǝɯ ɟo sʇǝddıus ǝɥʇ ʇsɐǝl ʇɐ 'ɟʍo ǝɥʇ uo ǝɹoɟǝq sǝɯıʇ ɟo ǝldnoɔ ɐ ʇı pǝʇsod ʎllɐnʇɔɐ ʇʇɐɥɔs ǝɹns ʎʇʇǝɹd ɯı  ˙pǝʞɐǝl uǝǝq ǝʌɐɥ sƃol ǝsǝɥʇ ǝɯıʇ ɥʇɹnoɟ ɹo pɹıɥʇ ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ 'pɹoɔǝɹ ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ oslɐ  ˙lol suoıʇuǝʇuı ʇsǝq ʎɯ ǝʇıdsǝp uıɐƃɐ pɐǝɹɥʇ sıɥʇ ƃuıʞɔǝɥɔ ɟo ǝʞɐʇsıɯ ǝɥʇ ǝpɐɯ ı ʇɐɥʇ uı ǝıl pıp ı ssǝnƃ pɹoɔǝɹ ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ

Right.  OsRavan never lies.

He just doublespeaks, kowtows, sucks toes, and generally says whatever he thinks he needs to say in the moment.  Since he recognizes no truth, he cannot tell a lie.

My attention was directed here by someone thanking Os for providing so much entertainment in the form of Schatt's vendetta against him. The thread has delivered, somewhat.

But the main conclusion I draw is one is one I reached long ago. IRC is not a suitable medium for formal negotiations. A forum where considered proposals and counter-proposals can be presented at a measured pace and in coherent form would be almost infinitely superior. But the planet is run by impatient people, so that's not going to happen.

My attention was directed here by someone thanking Os for providing so much entertainment in the form of Schatt's vendetta against him. The thread has delivered, somewhat.

But the main conclusion I draw is one is one I reached long ago. IRC is not a suitable medium for formal negotiations. A forum where considered proposals and counter-proposals can be presented at a measured pace and in coherent form would be almost infinitely superior. But the planet is run by impatient people, so that's not going to happen.

The penguin has a point.

I'm baffled how some people cannot understand even the most basic principles of negotiation. Making an offer that the opponent is guaranteed not to accept is neither a joke offer nor a 100% serious offer. It is a negotiating step to expose the opponent's true colors. And it achieved exactly that. The opponent's true intentions were of course no surprise to anyone, nevertheless it is a good idea to have them known to everyone in a clearer fashion.

I strongly recommend to stop approaching situations with a binary view, as that will prevent you from comprehending the full situation. But I assume everyone in this thread is actually aware of that and that people are merely posting a +1 to the OP in an attempt to gain propaganda points for the war.

Right.  OsRavan never lies.

He just doublespeaks, kowtows, sucks toes, and generally says whatever he thinks he needs to say in the moment.  Since he recognizes no truth, he cannot tell a lie.

Seriously, why do you like to poke and prod at Os? Any particular reason? Personal Vendetta? War? Propaganda? 

Whatever it is, I'm rather concerned about your obsession over OsRavan, I mean, are you just jealous of his success or something?

Seriously, why do you like to poke and prod at Os? Any particular reason? Personal Vendetta? War? Propaganda? 

Whatever it is, I'm rather concerned about your obsession over OsRavan, I mean, are you just jealous of his success or something?

I see you are fitting right in at ODN

peace.gif Arstoria is a peaceful nation.

:p

Can you imagine the rousing wartime speeches that go on in ODN?

"Ok folks... another war coming... everyone get in peace mode and hide, we will ride this one out"

"ooohhh nooo my tax collections"

"Don't worry we will play dead and everyone will leave us alone"

"waagghh peace mode penalties"

"This won't last too long guys wait it out..."

This is a fantastic idea Pingu. 

I'm not certain whether or not the OP is intending to hurt the character of OsRavan or look at him in a more positive light. It's almost as if he is working to make our Sec-Gen look better. Perhaps we readers should all consider this is a ploy to help OsRavan win more elections as our eternal leader? I believe I see right through this Schattenman's tricks. Well played Os! You always were crafty with your overtly kind tone and walls of text that are being quoted upside down.

12/6/2014

War mode: 57

Peace mode: 68

looks like some things never change

http://rialliance.net/warstats.php

You know, let's look at ODN's war stats shall we?

624,261.97 Damage taken

1,076,614.79 Damage given.

Wow, ODN sure is cowardly, despite the fact that they have done over a Million NS in damage.

lol like 80% of ODN was in peace mode last war

12/6/2014

War mode: 57

Peace mode: 68

looks like some things never change

For those of us keeping track, that is actually 54.4%, not 80%. 80% and 54.4% are not, in fact, equal to each other.

For those of us keeping track, that is actually 54.4%, not 80%. 80% and 54.4% are not, in fact, equal to each other.

But they're both percentages, so they're like each other mirite?

I see you are fitting right in at ODN

peace.gif Arstoria is a peaceful nation.

:P

That's real rich from the man that sits in PM most of the time, although you may have fought MQ and you may have had a little sting in Disorder and that stupid duel with TBM where you got owned. Oh and a little this war I expect you will be sitting in PM shortly.