Imperial Decree - DBDC

Dajobo

With great respect to them, Umbrella isn't DBDC so it wouldn't go exactly the same way. And I'm not convinced on that last point. Arguably, there are a great many more alliances with agendas that don't propose a narrative of DBDC getting rolled, than alliances with agendas that do.

True but I doubt it'd be hard to find anti-Polar farms who would send it for free. A 5-10k NS nation could get a 30m package, sit on it for ten days in PM, then lob out 600 tech to DBDC nations. Rinse and repeat.

Except they would get rolled for trying, assuming it got to that point.

No because when I get to the top and want to keep my nation I will be looking to join the aggressors to not get my top knocked off.

The only reason they are getting targetted now is BECAUSE they won't let anyone else up. Their jackboots are on the collective necks of everyone in this world.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason they are getting targetted now is BECAUSE they won't let anyone else up. Their jackboots are on the collective necks of everyone in this world.

Maybe they just want to grow and spread their wealth. They may be afraid of other threats on top posing a threat to them.

Maybe they just want to grow and spread their wealth. They may be afraid of other threats on top posing a threat to them.

Except they have attacked almost everyone indiscriminately regardless of threat level or not.

You know what their policy is? They freely raid even long-standing alliances, they infringe on the sovereignty of alliances across the world...with impunity. it cannot stand, Give me your poor, your tired huddled masses yearning for freedom!

Freedom from being raided by DBDC on no pretext other than that they can.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

It's funny to see certain folks beating their chest about flouting this, as if they aren't going to enter the war on the opposite side of Polaris soon anyway, or haven't already done so.

For all the talk of this being unenforceable in most wars over the last several years the "loosing" side has had the advantage in some NS ranges, especially the lower ranges where tech sellers tend to reside.

Except they would get rolled for trying, assuming it got to that point.

Except you can only roll so much, especially when it comes to shit-tier farm nations, because there is only so much to roll. You raze the 10k guy to the ground, what then? He can still send aid. He doesn't have to buy the tech until it's time to send it out and at his level the tech is dirt cheap so he's still going to have enough money after being rolled to buy it up.

Except they have attacked almost everyone indiscriminately regardless of threat level or not.

You know what their policy is? They freely raid even long-standing alliances, they infringe on the sovereignty of alliances across the world...with impunity. it cannot stand, Give me your poor, your tired huddled masses yearning for freedom!

That's just how the free market works.

That's just how the free market works.

No, it's not. It's how a military regime works.

Except you can only roll so much, especially when it comes to !@#$-tier farm nations, because there is only so much to roll. You raze the 10k guy to the ground, what then? He can still send aid. He doesn't have to buy the tech until it's time to send it out and at his level the tech is dirt cheap so he's still going to have enough money after being rolled to buy it up.

Except they might, after a certain point, get tired of being unable to grow, ya know? PermaZI is not exactly fun.

Practically speaking, yes, this is what you should be doing regarding your war with DBDC.  On an even more practical note, I have no idea why you didn't when you actually had half the world on side.

Why use such harsh terms as "raid" and "infringe on the sovereignty"? DBDC isn't really doing that much, they're just asking that some of the more fortunate out there with cheap land costs share some of the land that they're not using. Weren't you taught to share as a kid? Is it really that unreasonable what DBDC is doing?

Well said.  Would be proud to fight with you there.  Or to defend any ODN ally from this silliness.   But I doubt I will ever have to because I doubt Polar will act on it.

What's even better rush, is they are overlooking the key word here 'may'.

The may is what makes this such a farce.

In other words, this isn't a principled stand.  Polar has no intention of fighting people who aid DBDC on principle.  If its not politically expedient, they won't do it.  The only way this will ever use it, is if they want an excuse to hit someone without a real CB.

You want to take a stand on honor polar?  You really think people aiding DBDC need to be punished?

Take out the 'may'.  Make it you WILL.   You actually start fighting with everyone who aids DBDC I will respect you a ton.    You use this as a pr tool or to cherry pick one or two AAs without the political clout to defend themselves from you?  Well... ::spreads hands::

Seriously.  "May" come in, indeed.  IF you really think aiding DBDC is an act of war/aggression on polar or your allies hit by dbdc, than whats it say about you that you only MAY defend them.

I'm not in polar gov, so I can't presume to know exactly how Dajobo plans to implement this policy like you can. But I can't help but wonder if there could be some cases where we might halt someone from further aiding DBDC without automatically attacking them, and then feel glad we didn't claim we literally will attack every single person who ever aids DBDC. I guess time will tell.

Why use such harsh terms as "raid" and "infringe on the sovereignty"? DBDC isn't really doing that much, they're just asking that some of the more fortunate out there with cheap land costs share some of the land that they're not using. Weren't you taught to share as a kid? Is it really that unreasonable what DBDC is doing?

Except they are the ones with more, they are the more fortunate, they should be sharing. Your logic falls apart on that point alone. Next!

Except they are the ones with more, they are the more fortunate, they should be sharing. Your logic falls apart on that point alone. Next!

But for many of them 100 land costs in the range of 2 billion dongs, whereas that is only a couple thousand for most others. It's natural to ask the help of others when expanding one's territory if they can do it for so much cheaper! Have a bit of empathy in this situation, instead of just trying to outcast doombirds for being different. 

But for many of them 100 land costs in the range of 2 billion dongs, whereas that is only a couple thousand for most others. It's natural to ask the help of others when expanding one's territory if they can do it for so much cheaper! Have a bit of empathy in this situation, instead of just trying to outcast doombirds for being different. 

For the ones up there it costs so much to pay for, they have proportionally more money to pay for it, more than it would cost to raid someone who more than likely is able to nuke them back.

Next fallacy!

Milk is poured from a box, bags don't even have any structure, you have to put them in plastic jugs which people don't wash enough, they just put a new bag in there. Gross!

Yeah but the bag is between the milk and the jug, so its not like the milk gets dirty...

Plus you get that nice plastic bag taste instead of that waxy carton taste :|

Yeah but the bag is between the milk and the jug, so its not like the milk gets dirty...

Plus you get that nice plastic bag taste instead of that waxy carton taste :|

You can get the plastic taste just fine with a jug! And the jug is easier to put away when you are done.  <_<

You can get the plastic taste just fine with a jug! And the jug is easier to put away when you are done.  <_<

In what way is putting a jug away easier than a bag? The only difference is when you finish the gallon (or half as bags usually come in) and have to get rid of it. Except the bags are way easier there!

There is one downside to bags though: Clumsy parents. When I was a child, my mom was slamming the bag on the counter (in the container) in order to get it down better. She didn't notice my finger there. It hurt.

Also bags can be mashed up and thrown in the garbage while cartons require literally seconds of wasted time before you can efficiently place it in the garbage :|

Edit: Oh and ummmmm good luck with this or something

Edited by berbers

Not really. Sending aid to DBDC is an act of war against Polar, hence it's Polaris' prerogative to respond to the individual nations and an alliance can't say anything without admitting that they endorsed the tech deals. Meaning that they committed an act of war on Polar.

This is some of the most stretched logic you will see ITT and reeks of schattenman rage speech. Not only do I see this as a desperate play, one that will be absolute hell to keep up, but you're essentially cementing the current political state of CN against you (Polaris) over what is by all accounts a well-timed preemptive strike by DBDC.

You are more than welcome to take whatever approach you think is warranted, but don't be surprised if this is your ultimate undoing. I have no doubt that our allies will see this for what it is, a back door approach to a problem you were more than capable of solving along with the rest of our detractors. You're basically doubling down on a losing hand and I commend your bravery.

DBDC hereby recognizes your recognition of attacks and does you one better. Until a second agreement is reached, DBDC will consider itself at war with every current and future ally of Polaris and might just hit anyone who send tech there too, if it pleases the casualty gods. If you wish to trade the micro tier for all claim to the upper tier for the rest of your existence we gladly accept your challenge and volunteer as tribute for the 1v1 you so desperately seem to think NPO deserves.

We have been prepared for your decree of ineptitude and let me be the first to welcome you to big boy warfare. Godspeed Polaris, you will need it. Edited by CubaQuerida

This is some of the most stretched logic you will see ITT and reeks of schattenman rage speech. Not only do I see this as a desperate play, one that will be absolute hell to keep up, but you're essentially cementing the current political state of CN against you (Polaris) over what is by all accounts a well-timed preemptive strike by DBDC.

You are more than welcome to take whatever approach you think is warranted, but don't be surprised if this is your ultimate undoing. I have no doubt that our allies will see this for what it is, a back door approach to a problem you were more than capable of solving along with the rest of our detractors. You're basically doubling down on a losing hand and I commend your bravery.

DBDC hereby recognizes your recognition of attacks and does you one better. Until a second agreement is reached, DBDC will consider itself at war with every current and future ally of Polaris and might just hit anyone who send tech there too, if it pleases the casualty gods. If you wish to trade the micro tier for all claim to the upper tier for the rest of your existence we gladly accept your challenge and volunteer as tribute for the 1v1 you so desperately seem to think NPO deserves.

We have been prepared for your decree of ineptitude and let me be the first to welcome you to big boy warfare. Godspeed Polaris, you will need it.

Who all is New Polar Order allied to?

Edited by SarahPalin