CNRPA Interview Fun Hour: Zoot

Markus Wilding

Alright ladies and gentlemen of the community, here is where you get to interview Zoot and ask him whatever you feel is most relevant to your decision of accepting or rejecting him for the RP.

Some ground rules before we get started:

1. This isn't a place to fling monkey %*$& around. Answers and questions should aim to identify and determine an RPer's character and ability. Leave whatever grudges you have against someone at the door and try to stay on topic.
  2. Give the interviewee some time to think about his or her answer and respond to the question. We all have schedules and not everybody is online all the time.
  3. #1 being said, sometimes there are cases where someone has egregiously violated some code of conduct or rule within RP on this forums, whether it be CNRP1, CNRP40, or CNRP2. If these accusations are both valid and relevant, they should be raised. Once again, however, personal grudges should not be tossed in here. Only serious and verifiable violations should be considered.
  4. If things get too crazy in here the GMs may opt to set some people straight.

This process will last for as long as it needs to. The GMs will decide when to move on to a poll.

That's all. We open up the floor to you, Community. Ask away.

Howdy Zoot. Let's assume you don't get Greece: What would you plan to RP as?

What's your opinion on our nuke ban?

How about our smaller navies?

Do you think RPA will succeed in its intention of providing an alternate game for players who want a different style of play from what the "hegemon" players commonly utilize?

Maybe it'd work better if someone from the CNRPA community actually came up with questions then.

Like, what would you see as a valid reason to start a war?

or

Are you aware that rage-quitting/rage-nuking isn't the best way to go about a problem? (Note: While nukes are not present in the RP, the hypothtical situation still helps evaluate character.)

You know, questions that actually adress concerns that might be present. Or does noone have any, because then it is pointless to hold an interview and you can basically just admit him (or boot him out, if that was the original intention).

Howdy Zoot. Let's assume you don't get Greece: What would you plan to RP as?

What's your opinion on our nuke ban?

How about our smaller navies?

Do you think RPA will succeed in its intention of providing an alternate game for players who want a different style of play from what the "hegemon" players commonly utilize?

Perhaps a Russian state or a small island nation.

Don't mind it to be honest, the mechanism exists for me to exchange nukes for other things.

Whilst smaller navies is irritating slightly, the points system and allocation allows for great customisation imo.

Its too early to tell, I would like to say yes based on the lessons learned from RP1, RP2 and RP40, but at the moment I don't know.

With the idea to win and not be a dick about it and not take away somebodies nation. I mean yeah, if you war somebody for land, it should be a specific region, not the entire territory imo, with terms at the end for peace which are fair and take into account the conduct of you the loser. Not stupid terms like those imposed on Eva in RP1 when she was in Europe, or stupid terms imposed on Markus in RP2, etc, the list goes on.

Whilst I dont think pre-planning should be mandatory, I do think a certain degree of respect should be shown once the 'surprise' has been unveiled, but I don't think that the target should be told beforehand if its supposed to be a surprise attack.

Apart from that, cut out the technobabble, if somebody is whining about custom stuff, you should be obliged to explain your attack/defence post so its understandable, but be in no way obligated to outright tell your opponant how exactly to defeat your attack. If possible, keep everything as basic as possible as if you are explaining to a five year old.

For example if i said: "the Astute went below the thermal layer, making detection by surface vessels impossible', that can be explained like this.

'Water has three layers, above the top layer, you can be detected by surface ships, below it, you cannot as the sonar ping bounces off the layer.'

Then find a diagram if people are really struggling. Click in the order they appear btw.
http://www.uboat.net/media/articles/images/bathyscope4.gif
http://www.uboat.net/media/articles/images/bathyscope5.gif