Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Letum

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems pretty much clear cut, the last war was "more than justified" with the exact same CB regarding political gain, sacrificing the time and effort of innocent Pacificans, yet when Pacifica makes one move that is under the same banner it is completely uncalled for? Although of course not the Hegemon with the intentions we had at some point, we're not about to back out and fade into the night and let ourselves be tumbled over the intricacies of the past. If Pacifica senses a force coming from remorse that will embody into a threat in the future, it is it's sovereign duty to act upon it. As our Emperor effectively worded it, we are all "swimming in the same mud"

Edited by Platinum

Am I the one polishing the God Emperor's boots right now?

For one who purports to study Francoism, you ask some peculiar questions.

The questions the Francoist asks are: "What are our institutions? What is the reality of our position? How can our position be made better? How can our position be made worse? How can we discard institutions to do not support us? How can we build up institutions that bring us peace, strength, and prosperity."

Mindlessly posting about some "God Emperor" is not the nuanced analysis of the material conditions of our world that the Francoist engages in when they make their political critique.

The questions the Francoist asks are: "What are our institutions? What is the reality of our position? How can our position be made better? How can our position be made worse? How can we discard institutions to do not support us? How can we build up institutions that bring us peace, strength, and prosperity."

All good questions that can become completely self-defeating if you don't clarify what kind of time frame you're operating on. You've got a solid 5 month plan, I'll grant you that.

All good questions that can become completely self-defeating if you don't clarify what kind of time frame you're operating on. You've got a solid 5 month plan, I'll grant you that.

*chuckles & shrugs*

Not my job really to "clarify" how third parties should evaluate our behavior.

But, well ... Pacifica does not view things in the short-term.

No but you have a habit of stabbing people in the back, dunno I may be wrong but hey there may be a better character out there to best describe you.

Wait are you talking about saxplayer? Nobody forced you to capitulate to III% by kicking him out. Edited by Tywin Lannister

For one who purports to study Francoism, you ask some peculiar questions.

Mindlessly posting about some "God Emperor" is not the nuanced analysis of the material conditions of our world that the Francoist engages in when they make their political critique.

Dear Cortath,

Do not feed the bears.

Respectfully,

- kz

Wait are you talking about saxplayer? Nobody forced you to capitulate to III% by kicking him out.

You seem to be missing the facts so let me fill you in. A) Saxplayer was removed from his Chancellor of Foreign Affairs position. B) He was never asked to leave the alliance he chose to do so of his own accord. You on the other hand have been kicked out of every alliance you have been bar LoSS in because its fair easier to remove you then to deal with the shit storm that is sure to follow from you being a complete retard.

Am I missing anything?

It is the unfortunate nature of war that it draws in people who want no part with the overall rivalry. We, and a lot of our allies with close links to xx were in that position last year. SNX is in it this time around. It sucks, and SNX do not deserve the pain coming to them. I can completely sympathise with them, given how I felt in the last war.

But this is how coalitions are, and how they have always been. There is never a "good" side and a "bad" side. We all just fight for a chosen allegiances.

In a sense you could say that like in other realms, those in the trenches never really fight for what's right, they fight for those next to them.

I realized Doomsphere had it out for us, since apparently we're the only alliance with the courage and pride to fight back against them. I did not think the the rest of you were so craven (or perhaps short-sighted) as to actually join up with them just to satisfy some kind of grudge from last war. Especially considering that their larger nations are only going to get to fight one round or so, while the rest of us can fight a nice war of attrition for the next 4 months. The winners of the this war will be first in line to be completely dominated by Doomsphere...possibly until the end of the Cyberverse. So have fun with that.

Funny, isn't this the exact same argument we were making last war?

Mend the bridges you burnt.

Funny, isn't this the exact same argument we were making last war?

Mend the bridges you burnt.

There is some truth to that, so fair point.  But if we were to (hypothetically) accept that the scenarios are the same and that last war was a bad idea on our part, the Doomsphere issue has only gotten much, much worse in the meantime. So isn't this now a really, really bad idea on your part?

Edited by Prodigal Moon

There is some truth to that, so fair point.  But if we were to (hypothetically) accept that the scenarios are the same and that last war was a bad idea on our part, the Doomsphere issue has only gotten much, much worse in the meantime. So isn't this now a really, really bad idea on your part?

Possibly, but I should also point out that the last time I tried to stop a war like this, you turned around and rolled us as soon as you had the chance.

Which was honesty a rational choice then, and would be an equally rational choice now, given our ties.

And that has a bit more impact than someone theoretically being able to lock me out of the upper tiers, if they so wished.

There isn't any way to fix it other than stone hard FA work. I gave the advice that should be done several times...it wasn't heeded.

You seem to be missing the facts so let me fill you in. A) Saxplayer was removed from his Chancellor of Foreign Affairs position. B) He was never asked to leave the alliance he chose to do so of his own accord. You on the other hand have been kicked out of every alliance you have been bar LoSS in because its fair easier to remove you then to deal with the !@#$ storm that is sure to follow from you being a complete retard.

Am I missing anything?

Yeah, SNX was the only alliance I was expelled from, so check your facts. Not my fault Saxplayer leaked screenshot in a compromised channel.

so much this. DBDC will blow all Polarsphere upper down after 2 weeks and thethe top 250 will be filled with DBDC "allies" and neutrals.

In that scenario, the next war can only have 2 targets;

- The cowardish choice to go after the neutrals

- The fun choice to go after current DBDC allies

One day there will be people forming a coalition against the doomsphere. And that coalition will be initialised by one or several of their current allies. Will the side currently under attack be willing to help? Perhaps they'll get the mesage they need to clean up their own mess.