Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Letum

Didn't you know? He just likes throwing out age old material from one of Londo's old play books on rhetoric propaganda.

He isn't a fighter he is more of a speaker for the person who is giving him a sore arse at that moment in time.

He was meant to be leaving a couple of wars ago and made a song and dance about it on the forums but that was just pointless words like his party line.

You know this DoW has had many stupid things posted in it but, I am giving you the prize.  The one thing Rush does not do is toss out rhetoric.  And that is coming from somebody who has traditionaly been on the opposite side of the guy.  Other that making a fool of yourself are you here to comment on the subject?  You know the DoW, the war etc?

Your suppose be crying about the CB or Doomsphere or Pacifica do not let Polar die etc.  So let us redirect your tears to where they should be.  

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only real war NpO has planned to take out NPO was the last one, and they were aiming more at NG than NPO as we all know even though a lot of us like to not admit that since it'll besmirch the NPO/Umb relationship that they need to thrive.

I don't think people quite get this, I don't really care who "tried to take us out" in the past. I only care about the future. The past is only relevant when it helps you predict the future, not for whatever petty grudge comes up in the day.

Umb and NPO had massive differences. We talked it out for a very, very long time, and we got over stuff. I am very cognizant, probably more than most, of the underhanded plots each alliance has pulled over the years.

NPO and NpO also talked their (relatively smaller) differences out. But we are not living in a void; their differences with our allies remain, and they've been fairly open about a moral crusade with doomsphere that would put them on a collision course with our allies. And that's fine, their choice, but my treaties mean more to me than some random third party. Edited by Letum

That's pretty great when not rolling over and peacing out tech raids gets called a "moral crusade."  DBDC's raids on Polaris et al. were always bound to start a war in which their starstruck but retarded standard AA allies and confederates took the punishment for their aggressive antics; I guess it's nice that you started the war for us and kept everything ambiguity free, Letum.

Edited by Schattenmann

That's pretty great when not rolling over and peacing out tech raids gets called a "moral crusade."  DBDC's raids on Polaris et al. were always bound to start a war in which their starstruck but retarded standard AA allies and confederates took the punishment for their aggressive antics; I guess it's nice that you started the war for us and kept everything ambiguity free, Letum.

White peace or not...

BGAKIbk.png

As a starstruck fanboy of Doomsphere I take offense to that.

Mock us all you will but we're 10x better than the satellites around Polar. Don't make me drag up that stats from BFF vs Sentinel, it was a friggin massacre.

"But that's just war! They're good at politics!" No. They're equally bad a politics, and you should feel bad for enabling their worthless existence.

Basically, whenever an alliance is told to get it together, they run to Polarsphere where you will coddle them for all eternity.

By no means do I dispute your right to "do something about it" as it were. I would question it's efficacy, as in this case your choices have resulted in a lot of the people that felt maligned last war being pushed straight into doomsphere's embrace (and as a consequence, drawing on their allies, such as NPO). The choices of some of your allies also resulted in a similar consequence for other major groups in this world. The end result is a rift running through cn that is about a whole host of issues that can't be narrowed down to how you feel DBDC are the big baddies.

And in that context, perhaps a better strategy would have been some very extensive diplomacy around the world rather than whatever you had planned. (Which I'm not quite sure what it was, given the rather glaring difficulty of an upper tier disparity). Maybe it would have managed something more. Maybe it would have also failed miserably. Who knows.

But that didn't happen, and we all are where we are.

Mock us all you will but we're 10x better than the satellites around Polar. Don't make me drag up that stats from BFF vs Sentinel, it was a friggin massacre.

"But that's just war! They're good at politics!" No. They're equally bad a politics, and you should feel bad for enabling their worthless existence.

Basically, whenever an alliance is told to get it together, they run to Polarsphere where you will coddle them for all eternity.

QFT. Polar has historically aligned itself with ..less capable alliances. They are good people, don't get me wrong, but they are passive rulers at best and at the end of the day this is something you have to take into consideration. On Bob you will always have people you get along with in any alliance* but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to be allied to them. 

EDIT: And to add to that I want to say that in this day and age your allies' allies do matter. If someone is awesome but all their friends suck, you shouldn't be allied to them imo. 

Edited by Unknown Smurf

Or, you know, we like each other. Horrifying thought, huh?

Or, you know, we like each other. Horrifying thought, huh?

Yeah NpO likes that you do nothing but act as a meatshield for them. You like that NpO doesn't bother you about how terrible you are. I can see how the relationship works out nicely for both of you.

The point is, if anyone's satellites are retarded, it's NpO's. You can't fight, you can't politic, all you can do is sit around "liking" each other. Apparently that's the entire game to you, I don't see why the entire Zergling pack doesn't just go neutral. You must all be masochist because the only thing you're achieving is pain and suffering, over and over again.

Yeah NpO likes that you do nothing but act as a meatshield for them. You like that NpO doesn't bother you about how terrible you are. I can see how the relationship works out nicely for both of you.

The point is, if anyone's satellites are retarded, it's NpO's. You can't fight, you can't politic, all you can do is sit around "liking" each other. Apparently that's the entire game to you, I don't see why the entire Zergling pack doesn't just go neutral. You must all be masochist because the only thing you're achieving is pain and suffering, over and over again.

And it hurts so good....

If you want to remove all alliances that "do nothing," you're going to end up with about 7-10 of us who actually shape the course of history. The various configurations of BFF unfortunately won't be included.

If you want to remove all alliances that "do nothing," you're going to end up with about 7-10 of us who actually shape the course of history. The various configurations of BFF unfortunately won't be included.

There is a middle ground between doing nothing and shaping history. I'm not here to argue that we are significant influences only that we are better, and certainly more independent than most of Polar's satellites. You're kind of making a strawman arguement here, Prodigal.

Couldn't be more disappointed by an alliance I like, if I tried. oA to bandwagon in on a target to defend against a single warring nation who won't stand down to alliance orders. On any given Sunday, that would be reps and maybe expulsion for the offending nation. But I guess escalation was the requirement. Personally, this is garbage and setting low standards.

GK

If you want to talk about shaping history, we need to talk about rulers, not alliances. On that list you, (un)fortunately, won't be included. Canik would be (maybe on the lower end of the top 100, but there regardless).

Anyways, you are ignoring his point. The greater polarsphere hasn't actively done anything to protect themselves. Alliances were created for mutual protection and to allow growth, in that endeavor your allies have failed. And I think some would argue that by choosing to be continually aligned with them your alliance has failed to attain any sort of longterm security.  

Couldn't be more disappointed by an alliance I like, if I tried. oA to bandwagon in on a target to defend against a single warring nation who won't stand down to alliance orders. On any given Sunday, that would be reps and maybe expulsion for the offending nation. But I guess escalation was the requirement. Personally, this is garbage and setting low standards.

GK

I have to agree. 

Edited by Unknown Smurf

There is a middle ground between doing nothing and shaping history. I'm not here to argue that we are significant influences only that we are better, and certainly more independent than most of Polar's satellites. You're kind of making a strawman arguement here, Prodigal.

Man, you really expect me to stay nuanced when you're saying our allies are "completely worthless" and that you're somehow just "better" (no explanation given)? If your influence is non-significant, and you're not shaping history, I'd be a little less hyperbolic when crapping on other alliances, that's all I'm saying.

Maybe you're relatively more militarily proficient for your size than some of our allies, that we can probably agree on. But I guess that just doesn't have quite the same punch to it.

If you want to talk about shaping history, we need to talk about rulers, not alliances. On that list you, (un)fortunately, won't be included. Canik would be (maybe on the lower end of the top 100, but there regardless).

Anyways, you are ignoring his point. The greater polarsphere hasn't actively done anything to protect themselves. Alliances were created for mutual protection and to allow growth, in that endeavor your allies have failed. And I think some would argue that by choosing to be continually aligned with them your alliance has failed to attain any sort of longterm security.  

We went from the chopping block last year to apparently ruling the world six months ago, so I'm not sure what you're even getting at.

Man, you really expect me to stay nuanced when you're saying our allies are "completely worthless" and that you're somehow just "better" (no explanation given)? If your influence is non-significant, and you're not shaping history, I'd be a little less hyperbolic when crapping on other alliances, that's all I'm saying.

Maybe you're relatively more militarily proficient for your size than some of our allies, that we can probably agree on. But I guess that just doesn't have quite the same punch to it.

We went from the chopping block last year to apparently ruling the world six months ago, so I'm not sure what you're even getting at.

Ahem, you know how most alliances get really really big and powerful like that? Like this  :popcorn:

Hey, Schatt started it. He called us retarded, like we're weak mindless drones who are blindly following Doomsphere. That much more accurately describes Polar's satellites.

I did give one reason we're better, we wiped the floor with them in the Grudge War. We cut through their upper & mid tiers like a hot knife through butter, destroying 60% of their NS while only losing 15%. That war probably ranks quite high on the most decisive victories of all time.

Politically, they are content to be lapdogs of NpO. We are not content to be lapdogs, this is hard to prove without breaking OPSEC with ourselves & our allies, but our treaties reflect our independent thought. We are only loosely tied to the web, and we are tied to several spheres. DBDC doesn't even have any actual satellites afaik.. but I know some of you count us as a Doomsphere satellite, and I enjoy playing the role. :)

Not that we may not one day settle with one sphere again, but if we do, we will be partners, not lapdogs.

(btw this is mostly directly towards Sentinel, there are some who aren't so bad such as CCC)

Edited by Big Ego

By no means do I dispute your right to "do something about it" as it were. I would question it's efficacy, as in this case your choices have resulted in a lot of the people that felt maligned last war being pushed straight into doomsphere's embrace (and as a consequence, drawing on their allies, such as NPO). The choices of some of your allies also resulted in a similar consequence for other major groups in this world. The end result is a rift running through cn that is about a whole host of issues that can't be narrowed down to how you feel DBDC are the big baddies.And in that context, perhaps a better strategy would have been some very extensive diplomacy around the world rather than whatever you had planned. (Which I'm not quite sure what it was, given the rather glaring difficulty of an upper tier disparity). Maybe it would have managed something more. Maybe it would have also failed miserably. Who knows.But that didn't happen, and we all are where we are.

Emperor Letum, can you identify/explain the choices we/NpO made that caused alot of people to feel maligned last war being pushed into doomsphere's embrace? Can you also identify/explain the choices of NpO allies made that resulted in similar consequences for other major groups in this world?

Anyone who believes Polar ever ruled the world is completely delusional. The closest was BLEU days but even then subservient to a much smaller MK who kept a leash on you named GR. 

Emperor Letum, can you identify/explain the choices we/NpO made that caused alot of people to feel maligned last war being pushed into doomsphere's embrace? Can you also identify/explain the choices of NpO allies made that resulted in similar consequences for other major groups in this world?

I'd like to hear Letums response here but if he ignores you/misses this, shoot me a PM and I'll tell you what I believe it is. 
Edited by Unknown Smurf

Anyone who believes Polar ever ruled the world is completely delusional. The closest was BLEU days but even then subservient to a much smaller MK who kept a leash on you named GR.

haha what?