I mean... Things will tend to even out when the vast majority of your alliance sits below 25k NS. Not much our newer nations can do against those wonder-heavy, nuke-toting, ex-upper tier nations. :|

I mean...we're fighting 12 alliances.

Probably should have dug a deeper hole sooner when our top and mid tier was ran through, like ODN/NATO/Sengoku/DS did.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have expected Int to have a negative ratio either. I'm torn by it, it's good that attacking SNX has cost them, it's a shame as you say that they've lost so many of their active members. They're the leading left light in CN or were :(

Go with 'were'. But the good news is that there's a Leading Light position available if you'd like it.

EDIT: With alliances on the SNX/NpO side dropping out, this (theoretically) frees up their former opponents to join in on other fronts. Or not. Either way, there's probably going to be some significant changes in the rankings before too long.

Edited by kingzog

You can always negotiate an individual RnR peace with the Emperor.

I think we'll give that a hard pass.

well, that's the fin W-S.... the losing side takes the beating in he first half... and then have fun in the second hehe

This isn't lost on me.

I mean...we're fighting 12 alliances.

Probably should have dug a deeper hole sooner when our top and mid tier was ran through, like ODN/NATO/Sengoku/DS did.

Well certainly, but the point still stands. Nuclear nations will tend to outdamage our nuke-less lower tier. :P

I probably should have expanded a little. I'm only surprised because I consider IRON to be an exceptionally well built and above average fighting alliance. My comment wasn't supposed to be an insult to you, but a comment on the quality of the alliances fighting you (my allies) and a congratulations for them.

Not taken as insult, we just don't have a wide mid tier. Our top tiers didn't fall out much because our opponents took their top tiers out in turns rather than together, so they were quickly pushed down to mid tiers in a round or two without much of our top tier falling in mid. Had they all come out together, wed have more of top tier in mid and they'd still have more in mid and grind us there. Tho, it has allowed some of our guys to do massive down declares and send money, tech and troops downwards, so were generating alot of soft ns in mid tier that is being destroyed and slowly pushing the opposing mid tier downwards. So were loosing cheap and soft NS, the advantage we could have built was only with Sparta's initial soft ns, that's exhausted, mi6 didn't have much, TOP didn't expose much so all of this is what it is. Wed off course prefer a better ratio, but if you put it in context of our scenario, its ~~ok.

I honestly don't know why so many people place importance on damage ratios, that is a very lazy way of analyzing the war. Obviously when the aggressor side has hordes of nations it will have more offensive wars and thus typically inflict more nation strength damage (lots of it against inactives and otherwise irrelevant soft nations).

I think more important is strategic position. Having a top tier is simply a political liability with the new parasite class and compromises the interests of the sovereign alliance. True victory will be determined by whether DBDC and their hosts can break Polaris and several other free alliances, by destroying their sovereignty and independence, and by crushing the strong social backbone and solidarity of free alliances like Polaris, and I just don't see that happening.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

I think NS valuation in general is overrated as a means of measurement, because it assumes that NS damage is the primary military objective or war decider, but it only works that way if both alliances believe that. But strategic value would be measure by assets, and your ability to inflict damage on those assets, and assets like tech producers, alliance government, propagandists, morale and so forth have nothing to do with nation strength. And in fact many upper tier nations have qualities that may prove more to be a strategic liability than an asset.

So I don't think a NS analysis alone will determine the wars winner and instead we need a more comprehensive analysis factoring non NS assets.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

I think NS valuation in general is overrated as a means of measurement, because it assumes that NS damage is the primary military objective or war decider, but it only works that way if both alliances believe that. But strategic value would be measure by assets, and your ability to inflict damage on those assets, and assets like tech producers, alliance government, propagandists, morale and so forth have nothing to do with nation strength. And in fact many upper tier nations have qualities that may prove more to be a strategic liability than an asset.

So I don't think a NS analysis alone will determine the wars winner and instead we need a more comprehensive analysis factoring non NS assets.

Your posts will win the war yet!

Why the war stats of the ongoing global war include wars between Badlands and Federation of Armed Nations? That was a separate military conflict, which has already ended (Badlands paid reparations).

There are also more cases of separate conflicts being included here, like for example wars involving GPA and TDO.

I half agree with you. NS damage is definitely a useful metric, but right now it lacks context. Are we talking about military or 'real' damage? That is to say, how much of the NS being lost are destroyed soldiers/tanks/nukes/aircraft/navy (military) or infrastructure/technology/land ('real')? I think that is an important distinction because given the current state of warchests, the only way to do real damage is to take away infra/tech/land since military is pocket change. While this will be very different in the low-tier where warchests are lower and military therefore makes a proportionally larger contribution to the costs of war, it would be lovely if we could somehow tease these two out. Is there any way to extract infra/tech/land loss? If so, I think that would be a great way to depict 'real' damage since those three economic items (especially tech) can set you back months, if not years, depending on the severity of the war.