Missile Spam Problem

Triyun

Its been that way a while and transferred over here, the only exception being the relatively new intercepor system.  I disagree though with the idea about spending hours researching missiles, aside from novel ones like the DF-21-D which is doing something truly unique, or trying to find a special cruise missile to hit sea based targets at super long range, most follow some fairly basic principles which once you know them you get some idea on how to use them.  Granted I'm a missile nerd, but there's nothing novel about missiles compared to any other form of projectile, there are time when it it is appropriate there are times when its not.  The one thing is they do take a long time to make and cost a lot, especially in maintaining vast vast stockpiles and qualified staff to use them, but that is only more argument for not having 50000 vs 5000.  I'd also point out if you're concerned about small nations, most of which don't spend a lot of time reading about missiles like some of us, and most of which are newer, they'd be better off having  face fewer missiles and instead face more familiar technologies like tanks.

I don't think getting rid of strategy, operations, and tactics is the answer to anything.  At the same time, this problem actually effects the little guys more than me or Cent or someone.  I can beat missile spam, cause I know how.  Others may be less gifted at that, but if you cap how much arbitrary missile spam you can put on targets, you reduce it as a decisive element.  

I don't think getting rid of strategy, operations, and tactics is the answer to anything.  At the same time, this problem actually effects the little guys more than me or Cent or someone.  I can beat missile spam, cause I know how.  Others may be less gifted at that, but if you cap how much arbitrary missile spam you can put on targets, you reduce it as a decisive element.  

Totally agree with the bolded section and yes reducing how much missile spam people can put out will help but at the core of the problem seems to be A) The difference in knowledge of military matters. B) How much research/learning people want to do before they find it is no longer fun and C) How far people are willing to cooperate to reach an end goal.