Question about CN wiki

Greatest Mothers

This area is for questions regarding the game or these forums; the CN wiki is independent of these.

However, you can use whatever flag you wish to, so long as you are permitted to do so (copyright and all that). You could define whatever currency and religion you wish, although generally people will refer to the in game religions and currencies of their nation.

This area is for questions regarding the game or these forums; the CN wiki is independent of these.

However, you can use whatever flag you wish to, so long as you are permitted to do so (copyright and all that). You could define whatever currency and religion you wish, although generally people will refer to the in game religions and currencies of their nation.

Thank you.
Religion may vary through time due game requests (or citizens will be unhappy) and we have our special cult.
For the currency: we have the glorious Femocratic Tol :-)
And the flag is mainly the one in my avatar - no problem for copyright: Spider did a lot of modified flags with that symbol: Italy, USA, India, China, North Korea, Czech Republic, even occupied Nazi Germany (with the labrys instead of the swastika) and occupied Saudi Arabia ("there's no god but goddesses" :-) ). IMHO some are really masterpieces, especially the USA version, and I don't want waste it.
Our roleplay is more ancient than our experience in that game, and quite complex. Edited by Greatest Mothers

And the flag is mainly the one in my avatar - no problem for copyright: Spider did a lot of modified flags with that symbol: Italy, USA, India, China, North Korea, Czech Republic, even occupied Nazi Germany (with the labrys instead of the swastika) and occupied Saudi Arabia ("there's no god but goddesses" :-) ). IMHO some are really masterpieces, especially the USA version, and I don't want waste it.

It's worth taking note that modifying existing copyrighted work is still infringing upon copyright in most Western countries. Be careful when using imagery that is covered by state copyright (flags are usually public domain, but some might not be).

It's worth taking note that modifying existing copyrighted work is still infringing upon copyright in most Western countries. Be careful when using imagery that is covered by state copyright (flags are usually public domain, but some might not be).

Personally, I think the major part of imagery we find on the internet are covered by copyright: this avatar is an artwork found in Internet, your avatar is from the Iron Sky movie, many users have images from videogames or cartoons: again, copyrighted images, and so on. But I think that just only the owner have the right to protest against the use of his/her images, and until the owner is silent there isn't matter at all, IMHO.

Vampir. Edited by Greatest Mothers

When it comes to national pages on the wiki, pretty much anything goes (as long as no offensive imagery is posted), until someone complains. More emphasis is given to alliance-related matters, as it is in CN itself.

Source: I've been an active wiki editor for a while now

Edited by Dragonshy

I think it's very unlikely that someone complaint, because the image of my avatar used on the flag is quite different from the original: the original is a far greater size image available for free download and non-commercial use, and the author is not famous, so probably she would be glad of some spotlight on her work. This avatar is just a downscaled version, and that small scale hide a lot of truly wonderful details.
I asked the author for an official permission, just yesterday.