CNRP'40 OOC Thread

Uberstein

I'm pretty sure you can't buy planes from 1940 if you have 1938 tech. That defeats the entire purpose of buying tech of you could buy the 1940 planes anyway. 

If tech costs 30 points a level and all you need is a squadron of high techplanes, which would cost 4, itd be far cheaper. It builds a whole new strategic edge to the RP.
If you lose the planes, theyre gone; you cant replace planes you dont have the tech to build. It comes down to, do I want to buy high tech items from someone else or do I want to spend the extra points and make them myself?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alternate history indeed. Monarchies allying with communist countries, everyone being good friends and playing perfect diplomat.

Where's the adventure guys? Take some initiative. Crises don't start on their own :3

Sort out your military, then we can start rocking and rolling.

In with Markus Wilding on this.

Been working on a military all day - still not done!

Just in case it somehow wasn't clear (though it should have been fucking obvious), the following clarification has been added to the annexation rule:

All annexation, contestation of annexation, and protectorates, requires soldiers on the ground, or something equivalent, which is deducted from your force count.

If you don't like it, form a discussion and vote it out. This is simply a clarification of the original rulewriter's (me) intent for the rules.

Classified - Top Secret!

Ottoman High Command has officially assembled the following army groups together with their supporting armaments:

CdRNfUb.png

The Greek and Bulgarian Army Groups will be made up of their respective servicemen, and any tanks or artillery guns will be manned by Greeks or Bulgarians, respectively. The Istanbul, Central, and Eastern Army Groups will be made up of Turkish soldiers and crews.

How do I make and post a chart so incredibly awesome?

Official GM Random Event:

Congratulations Greywall, the random number generator chose you for this week's random event! The random event chosen by the generator was #7: Assassination/death of a government official.

Remember, accepting the event is entirely optional, but accepting and RPing it can result in up to three points of reward!

So, while people didn't say much up to now, I got the first person that thinks it isn't really wise to have a GM without a nation. So, I'll just ask around, do people think it is better I stay or that I retire? I'm fine with either, I just don't want people to think I'm just keeping my post because I'm desperate for a GM post, but I also don't want to disappoint people who voted me into office. So, up to you people really.

As the one who raised the issue, it's simply my interpretation of the rules that GMs must also be players.

Technically, there is nothing to interprete, because no rule regulates this and the one who wrote the rules has raised the issue of me being a GM when I stopped having a nation, but was seemingly ok with me being a GM. I'm however not going to stay GM if a greater part of the community thinks I should not be.

It probably isn't the most rule-abiding thing ever, but not having a stake in it can only make you more impartial, really. I don't care a whole lot what happens either way.

Might be, though I'd obviously not say that my rulings were biased when I did have a nation. But people can rest assured, I do read through stuff brought up to me. I just enjoy not having to post actual RP content and having to plot how to secure my nation, which does take time, effort and energy.

Eva babe, stay on as a GM with a nation or without one I still feel you are more than qualified enough to be a GM.

Look here, shit head. Eva is my bud, and if you fuck with her, I will come down on you like a ton of feathers (HINT: IT WEIGHS A TON BTW) if you refer to her in such loose language again. Do you hear me? And no, I am not joking. Do you get me?