CNRP'40 OOC Thread

Uberstein

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, i know, crazy Ferdinand. But as i said, the font on the map is going to drive me crazy, the sketchy look of the main post will too. For font on the main post, base it all off the CNRP2 OP. In the protectorates and nations, sort them into continents with the continents in bold. See what i mean? It does not have to be changed, I just thought why not. Of course, it is all up to you, but I guess a but like this:

Cybernations Roleplay "1940"

The Setting

The year doesn't matter; we'd never all agree on a timeline anyway so you might as well use 19XX. The only common history is that World War I happened to some degree, except it ended in a white peace of some kind.

The technology years range from 1935 to 1940. This will be detailed more in the rules.

Starting a Nation

There are three ways to start a nation.

- The first is to find white space that is not labelled as a protectorate, and request a portion of land.
- The second way is to find a protectorate and either request it of them private message its owner (there is a list of protectorate owners below) or find them in our Coldfront channel, #cnrp2.
- You may also make a post in this map thread asking if there is any significant land. There is a rare occasion that someone will grant you a piece of their own (coloured) land, but this is, like I said, rare.

(Thank you CNRP2 Rule Thread)

Oversea Territories (colonies) are allowed when establishing one's nation, but will be limited.

List of Nations & Protectorates

Nations

Spoiler

Protectorates

Spoiler

The Rules

Section 1: Points & National Strength

Players start with 80 points. If dividing a number which enters decimals, round down.

Tech: Each point invested in the Tech category results in gaining one more year of available tech. You start with zero points invested, and access to 1935 tech. Invest four points and you get 1940 tech. Your tech year gives you access to whatever entered production that year. Minor customization, such as switching out the AA armament on a ship, or mounting an AT gun on a truck, is allowed.

Army: Each point invested in the Army category results in gaining Corps of 45,000 soldiers, or equivalent of armour and/or artillery.

Air Force: Each point invested in the Air Force category results in gaining one squadron of 12 aircraft, of either fighter or bomber type.

Navy: Each point invested in the Navy category results in gaining access to one additional combat ship (e.g.: Destroyer, Battlecruiser), or invest two (2) points to get a Battleship, or invest four (4) points to gain a carrier. Carrier aircraft come with the carrier.

Industry: It doesn't matter what your economy is, capitalist or communist, it has some measurement of strength. The number of points invested in Industry determines your nation's ability to recover. During war, your nation recovers half its industrial score in points every week. During peace, it recovers its full score. For example, if Examplestan had 5 points of industry, and lost 10 points of its army, it would take 5 RL weeks for it to fully recover during the war at a pace of 2 points a week, or only 2 RL weeks if at peace.

No more than half one's points can be invested in one category. Point Investment numbers should be included in one's fact-book, for ease of reference.

Section 2: Gaining Land

Players may gain land by expanding into it. Land expansion is fully contestable for two (2) weeks, and the annexed land cannot be added to the map until the two weeks have been completed. Land Expansion should typically be only of provinces/states; exceptions to annex a whole country* may be asked of the GM team. Annexation requires a minimum of five (5) posts; up to three (3) additional posts may be requested by the GM as a team should the territory be considered large.

*This would be most appropriate in areas such as the Balkans.

All links directly related to the expansion must be included in the map thread post requesting the land, at the end of the two weeks.

Section 3: The Gamemasters & Mapmaker

The Mapmaker holds the position of making the map. This is a volunteer position. The Map Maker's powers are limited to the following:

-Making the map; this means that it is the mapmaker's job to place the territory held by players onto the map.

-Denying unreasonable claims. The mapmaker may decline claims of excessive starting size (for example, China + Tibet +   Mongolia, or Germany + Poland, would be excessive starting claims). This can be overruled by the GM team.

-Enforcing Section 3 through their Map Making powers.

-Maintaining Updated Rules: The mapmaker must keep the rules in the thread accurate and up to date.

There are three (3) GM's, who are elected for two (2) month terms. The nomination period lasts 48 hours, followed by a 48 hour election. Only players with nations may vote. Their powers are explained below:

-Random Event rolls & points: Once a week the GM team may make a roll for a Random Event (Section 4). Nations targeted may opt out of the event. Nations which RP the Random Event out may earn up to 3 national points, the awarding of which must be approved by the full GM team. If a GM's nation is chosen, they are excluded from the GM team in terms of the vote.

-Dispute Arbitration: The GM team pause, retcon, or make rulings on roleplays in order to create a healthier community. During a dispute, the two parties must send a PM to all involved parties, as well as the full GM team. If a GM's nation is involved, they may not rule on the matter.

-Creation of Rule Polls: Alternations to rules must be made by the players. A player discussion must run for a minimum of one (1) week, after which polling options must be presented by the players. An option for the status quo must always be included in the poll. The poll runs for 48 hours. The winning option is then given to the mapmaker to be placed in the Map & Rules thread.

-Removal of Players: The GM team may create a poll to remove a player. A 75% majority is needed to remove a player from the RP.

Section 4: Random Events

Once a week, the GM team may make two rolls: one to determine the impacted nation, and one to apply one (1) of the effects on the list. Nations targeted may opt out of the event. Nations which RP the Random Event out may earn up to 3 national points, the awarding of which must be approved by the full GM team. If a GM's nation is chosen, they are excluded from the GM team in terms of the vote.

-Emergence of Counter-Government Revolutionaries

-Drought/Poor Harvest

-Economic Recession

-Heavy Rains & Flooding

-Workers' Strikes in one or more major cities

-Soldiers' Strikes in one or more brigades

-Assassination/death of a government official

-Pandemic/Plague in one or more major cities

-Large National Disaster (Earthquake, large tornadoes, etc.)

-Economic/Industrial Disaster (Major mine collapses, price for specific commodity collapses, major ammunition factory explodes, etc.)

Section 5: Community Drive Rules

Changing the rules is up to the community. The members of the community have a voice in deciding what the rules are and how they should be applied. Members of the CNRP'40 community can post discussion threads to talk about new rules, old rules, and/or changing the rules.

Polls can be posted as well, however, GM polls are the official measure of the community's desire to modify, remove, or add new rules.

Special Note:

To allow for a smooth start to the game, Section 5 and Section 3-3 are suspended for one (1) month, until October 9th, 2014. The goal is to make players try the new rule system out and experience it prior to offering alterations.

[19:07:28] <Hereno> Army: Each point invested in the Army category results in gaining Corps of 45,000 soldiers, or equivalent of armour and/or artillery.
[19:07:36] <Hereno> what is the equivalent of armor or artillery?
[19:07:53] <Markus_Wilding> i'd imagine an armored or artillery corps
[19:07:56] <JED> I guess if you get 500k troops, you get 5k artillery/armor
[19:07:58] <JED> idk
[19:08:00] <Koolkevz666> Like 1 point for 100 light tanks, 2 points for 100 medium tanks and 3 points for 100 heavy tanks

Can this be clarified? It isn't urgent and it isn't like I'm looking to expand or anything, but defense is a big part of nation RP and I've been nerding out on it a lot and am pretty eager to start putting together my armed forces.

e: removed a bit of unnecessary lines from the logs

Edited by Hereno

[19:07:28] <Hereno> Army: Each point invested in the Army category results in gaining Corps of 45,000 soldiers, or equivalent of armour and/or artillery.
[19:07:36] <Hereno> what is the equivalent of armor or artillery?
[19:07:53] <Markus_Wilding> i'd imagine an armored or artillery corps
[19:07:56] <JED> I guess if you get 500k troops, you get 5k artillery/armor
[19:07:58] <JED> idk
[19:08:00] <Koolkevz666> Like 1 point for 100 light tanks, 2 points for 100 medium tanks and 3 points for 100 heavy tanks

Can this be clarified? It isn't urgent and it isn't like I'm looking to expand or anything, but defense is a big part of nation RP and I've been nerding out on it a lot and am pretty eager to start putting together my armed forces.

e: removed a bit of unnecessary lines from the logs

Dear sir,

There is such a thing as an armored corp. It's mostly tanks and apcs and other vehicles.

not sure about artillery though, probably would be the equivalent of Artillery brigades. 

As the only GM at the moment, I will be putting a temporary pause on any War RP until the Friday vote on the rules is finished. You can still scream, sabre-rattle, and make vague military movements in each others general direction all you want, but if it becomes an actual shooting war, the war will be paused for a few short days. This is to prevent confusion should the composition of forces suddenly change due to a change in rules.

Hopefully this ruling makes sense to people.

EDIT: Also, we have a channel now: #CNRP40.

Edited by Uberstein

It should also go without saying that actual land expansion (not protectorates) is disabled until the rule vote is finished, simply because the main way to contest such expansion is militarily.

Since I didn't say this outright, this is simply a pause on any expansion that may have taken place already, not a retcon. Not going to punish people for my own absent-mindedness.

Edited by Uberstein

I'd like to contest the possibility of this post. I am pretty sure that you cannot produce a flag that looks like that with 1940's tech, and tbm has already confirmed that he uses it domestically and militarily (banners, flagpoles, etc.). I tried to resolve this privately with him, and he told me to go fuck myself. That's the one that begins with the "f", by the way.

I'd like to request that the RP be retconned and a more reasonable flag such as this one be used in its stead.

I'd like to contest the possibility of this post. I am pretty sure that you cannot produce a flag that looks like that with 1940's tech, and tbm has already confirmed that he uses it domestically and militarily (banners, flagpoles, etc.). I tried to resolve this privately with him, and he told me to go $%&@ myself. That's the one that begins with the "f", by the way.

I'd like to request that the RP be retconned and a more reasonable flag such as this one be used in its stead.

You will now be put on forum ignore for abusing a horse in a sexual manner. 

TBM's flag sucks. I say we let him have it.

We should also probably have a rule against ridiculous posts in the OOC and GM threads. Every time you make a bad post, as judged by a community-wide vote on each post, you have to write 5 separate RP posts about a topic that you will pick from 3 total; one being provided by each GM.

TBM's flag sucks. I say we let him have it.

We should also probably have a rule against ridiculous posts in the OOC and GM threads. Every time you make a bad post, as judged by a community-wide vote on each post, you have to write 5 separate RP posts about a topic that you will pick from 3 total; one being provided by each GM.

Not going to change it even if Ubes deems it worth his time to cry about, though I could make it more implausible. A flag the size of Norway made out of diamonds. 

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/124101-military-actions-of-the-italian-colonies/#entry3309652

How did your forces get to Djibouti? Your current holdings in Eritrea do not border it. Can I assume that you tried to cross through my African protectorate, or do you need to edit this post to clarify another route? Edited by Hereno

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/124101-military-actions-of-the-italian-colonies/#entry3309652

How did your forces get to Djibouti? Your current holdings in Eritrea do not border it. Can I assume that you tried to cross through my African protectorate, or do you need to edit this post to clarify another route?

I'll clarify.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/124014-second-coming/?p=3309690

Classified

Mendoza has approved a chemical weapons program and ordered the stockpiling of mustard gas shells due to the growing encroachment of French and British interests across Gibraltar. In his own words, "If they want land they can drown in their own blood and suffocate in mists of poison". Along with this stockpile comes the order to construct five new railguns that have range going in as far as Tangier, Morocco and Lozere, France. 

The-18in-railway-howitzer-011.jpg

"Now I become death, destroyer of worlds"

Care to tell me how you have the range from Spain up to Lozère?

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/124107-liberating-ireland-and-scotland/I thought this was for this RP (it's for CNRP) and was in disbelief at Zoot using F-14s and Eurofighters in 1940. Jesus Christ rofl

Glad I wasn't the only one, literally lol'd when I realized what rp it was