Way to increase CNTE users

We need to increase CNTE user base. I feel the idea is very simple that to associate CN nation with CNTE nation and when someone completes a CNTE round, he recieves a bonus in CN. This can substantially increse the user base of CNTE. Maybe the reward can be like 500,000 money or maybe 2% infrastructure addition 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What constitues a completed round? One can simply register a nation and log in every 20 days to collect taxes and pay bills and do that to the round end.

I agree with your idea in general but only if active and participating members get the reward, but again what formula will calculate who is actively playing and who isn't?

I have been a strong advocate of a similar idea for a long time. We used to have bigger numbers because people tried to get flags for SE AA but now everyone has a flag and noone wants to bother due to the effort/payout involved. Now if the prize were a unique wonder for the top two or three winners ala. the categories now or some other derivatives then you would likely see more involvement from groups trying to get said wonders and likely repeated involvement to help their whole AA or friends get them.  

I think the cut off should be the top 100 nations. the prizes should be your choice between a few unique wonders, a percentage of your tax collection (or for smaller nations a flat rate like 10mil) or a tech/infra boost of a few hundred sounds reasonable

This idea might have some legs. Maybe you could do tiered bonuses based on reaching certain NS levels?

I'd support this more than end-of-round NS. It'd take some doing to ensure that those thresholds are high enough that people couldn't i) reach them in ten days and largely abandon their nations, or ii) end up with a bunch of people simply ticking some boxes while having no interest in genuinely taking part.

Might have to make it something of a hybrid: link your SE/TE nations and reach 10k NS AND 100k casualties (or some other figure that most full-round participants would hit, but would be difficult to game) and receive an SE bonus equivalent to the referral bonuses. Wouldn't want the bonuses to be anything terribly massive, just enough to provide incentive. 

Edited by Schad

I like this idea but Id rather see something like this:

- Top 25% who finish in TE receive this bonus

that is a system that I think would be fair

- A reward such as maybe a 1%-5% collection bonus. The 500,000 dollars is nothing for big nations. Where as everyone would be motivated by a collection percentage bonus. A 2% infra boost wouldn't work it would just mess nations up staying at 4999.99 infra

I don't want any system that revolves around finishing NS, because ultimately that just dissuades people from fighting in the later stages of the round.

Base it on casualties and/or NS destroyed? \o/ Edited by Kurdanak

I think the cut off should be the top 100 nations. the prizes should be your choice between a few unique wonders, a percentage of your tax collection (or for smaller nations a flat rate like 10mil) or a tech/infra boost of a few hundred sounds reasonable

Id suggest nations that reach the 30 day mark in TE get applied 10 million(maybe more) in cash to their SE nation, or whatever nation they choose to put as their "referal".

Means there is no need to game it for valued resources in SE, and instead aims to target the new nation pool in SE. Lets face it, most older nations know about it and dont wanna play, you can give your 10 million away.

I quit playing TE because it doesn't matter to me.  If it was linked to SE in some small way, it would matter, and I'd play.  I don't know that I represent your target, but it would in fact get me to play again.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been a strong advocate of a similar idea for a long time. We used to have bigger numbers because people tried to get flags for SE AA but now everyone has a flag and noone wants to bother due to the effort/payout involved. Now if the prize were a unique wonder for the top two or three winners ala. the categories now or some other derivatives then you would likely see more involvement from groups trying to get said wonders and likely repeated involvement to help their whole AA or friends get them.  

This.

People will play this for wonders.

• 1 month later...

I would be willing to provide a bonus to the top 100 nations that finish based on NS, such as a free $10 donation bonus in Standard Edition, but the logistics would be a nightmare. Players often use different user names from their TE accounts and dealing with and keeping up with 100 top users would be difficult. So, while I'm for this idea, I'm not sure the best way to go about it.

I would be willing to provide a bonus to the top 100 nations that finish based on NS, such as a free $10 donation bonus in Standard Edition, but the logistics would be a nightmare. Players often use different user names from their TE accounts and dealing with and keeping up with 100 top users would be difficult. So, while I'm for this idea, I'm not sure the best way to go about it.

They could give you an email or something. Some way to contact to give bonus to their standard nation.

Simple: On the sign up page where you create a TE nation, ask people to include their Standard Edition nation links (and make it optional)

I'm not sure on making it a donation specific bonus though. A lot of players (such as myself) already do donation deals or donate themselves, and it wouldn't be possible to fit those donation bonuses in on top of your current deal (especially since the biggest bonus from donation deals is the wonder reset, which the $10 doesn't give)

I don't mean to sound whiny "because it wouldn't help me" or anything, but there are some compatibility issues that would be raised between those donations and any donations currently being made, and I'm sure other users would run into these issues too.

Simple: On the sign up page where you create a TE nation, ask people to include their Standard Edition nation links (and make it optional)

I'm not sure on making it a donation specific bonus though. A lot of players (such as myself) already do donation deals or donate themselves, and it wouldn't be possible to fit those donation bonuses in on top of your current deal (especially since the biggest bonus from donation deals is the wonder reset, which the $10 doesn't give)

I don't mean to sound whiny "because it wouldn't help me" or anything, but there are some compatibility issues that would be raised between those donations and any donations currently being made, and I'm sure other users would run into these issues too.

I like your idea u mentioned about the link to your standard nation or could just put nation name and ruler name too. But yeah good idea though so its easier for admin

Any way to make it easier, such as linking SE info, would be great. Bonuses would help, but I am not sure how much a $10 bonus would draw players. Maybe it could be used as a ticket for a cheaper/enhanced wonder?

I think most of the players here realize that the top 100 final spots are pretty much meaningless.

I don't want any system that revolves around finishing NS, because ultimately that just dissuades people from fighting in the later stages of the round.

And this.

At risk of repeating myself instead make any bonuses to be applied on your nations 30 day anniversary in TE. That ensures that to get the bonus you have to at least stick around for half the round, and is a good way to get anyone in who doesnt think they would maybe make the top 100.