Eliminate individual prizes

Right now TE is having some 'flag' issues.

Depending on who you listen to, there are entire alliances dedicated to flag running, fighting flag runners, or just complaining on flag running.

The inevitable whine on flags permeates every thread, an inescapable hole of hollow sucktitude, making the conversation sound like a room full of whiny toddlers, each desirous of another's child's toy.  

It is inescapable, even topics aimed at helping alleviate the issue get this treatment, there is no ability of the patient to take their own medicine, no self control to escape the downward spiral and ween from the poisoned nectar.

Suggestion: Eliminate entirely individual prizes.

There exists already a path of alliance awarded prizes.  Whether it is through casualties or destruction, make all prizes awarded only for achievements at the alliance level.

If this happens, we'll lose even more players than we've already lost. Some people play for the individual awards and there's nothing wrong with that. With that said, It's possible to win both individual awards and alliance awards.

If this happens, we'll lose even more players than we've already lost. Some people play for the individual awards and there's nothing wrong with that. With that said, It's possible to win both individual awards and alliance awards.

Why replace the awards?  Just take away the prizes.  

I am still a proponent of having alliance focused prizes, but we still need individual ones to keep interest for some. Awards without prizes are not going to be meaningful to most. 

I agree with King James. I don't like what happened in the last round with individual casualties though so that one will be removed. I'll probably change that one back to #1 nation by nation strength again unless anyone has a better idea.

Thats not too bad.

Peak infra and NS. Some would like a shift away from "infra hugging" awards, but we always need something like this IMO.

With the AA awards, can we move away from the NS qualifier to determine which nations get awarded from the AA that wins. Although some would like the awards themselves changed as they can "overlap", I think they are good. I forgot who mentioned but in the case of 1 AA getting both awards, that 4 different nations get awarded as opposed to 2 taking 2 each.

Why not peak Ns? Eliminates the end nuke slot filling of ns and still requires more than just peak infra.
I feel like that would be an individual prize that might satisfy all the criticisms.

Why not peak Ns? Eliminates the end nuke slot filling of ns and still requires more than just peak infra.
I feel like that would be an individual prize that might satisfy all the criticisms.

I like that idea.

I dislike the idea of allowing only alliance-based prizes, because that doesn't discourage people from doing overzealous flag running. They're still just going to continue to build their nations improperly to inflate their NS, the only difference is that in that case their casualties don't matter and their NS becomes the only factor.

All the flag runners would do would be to run to the largest alliance in hordes and continue their sucky building. And if the largest alliance doesn't allow it, they'll flock to the second largest and try to make it the largest, and so on and so forth.

The fact is that having prizes is going to attract people who want those prizes. That's the entire point of having the prizes in the first place. We have the prizes to attract these people, we really need to stop complaining because we don't think they should be trying their best to earn said prizes.

Edited by World Coalition

Good suggestion. This is what I went with.

Not the "damage" that you guys wanted. But there is a very real difference in the 2 AA awards. Id say you have to win both to be crowned AA winner. :P

Makes sense. To be the best you have to be the best across the board. 

Thats not too bad.

Peak infra and NS. Some would like a shift away from "infra hugging" awards, but we always need something like this IMO.

With the AA awards, can we move away from the NS qualifier to determine which nations get awarded from the AA that wins. Although some would like the awards themselves changed as they can "overlap", I think they are good. I forgot who mentioned but in the case of 1 AA getting both awards, that 4 different nations get awarded as opposed to 2 taking 2 each.

I'd be for this. If an AA wins both soldiers killed and infra destroyed, instead of the top 2 getting double prizes, the top 4 each getting prizes. Sounds good to me.

I dislike the idea of allowing only alliance-based prizes, because that doesn't discourage people from doing overzealous flag running. They're still just going to continue to build their nations improperly to inflate their NS, the only difference is that in that case their casualties don't matter and their NS becomes the only factor.

All the flag runners would do would be to run to the largest alliance in hordes and continue their sucky building. And if the largest alliance doesn't allow it, they'll flock to the second largest and try to make it the largest, and so on and so forth.

The fact is that having prizes is going to attract people who want those prizes. That's the entire point of having the prizes in the first place. We have the prizes to attract these people, we really need to stop complaining because we don't think they should be trying their best to earn said prizes.

I don't think I've ever seen a flagrunner win that didn't have a solid nation. The ones that are sucky, nation builders don't win prizes. This is why the same people win round after round, and you have people with multiple flags under the belt. You have to have a firm foundation of game mechanics, and most people don't. 

Not the "damage" that you guys wanted. But there is a very real difference in the 2 AA awards. Id say you have to win both to be crowned AA winner. :P

I'd say infra killed is the better award for bragging rights since infra is harder to destroy than soldiers, but on the whole I don't disagree.