New Senate Rules

Freelancer

Excuse my ignorance on this subject, due to recent changes and wonders I’d like an in-depth understanding for the Senator Election process.

Currently on the brown team once the election reset process happens our candidate goes to zero, and while he gets all 20 of our votes he’s limited to proposals only (at least that’s my understanding) because he hasn’t met the 30 vote requirement to sanction or send a message.

We assumed with the change we’d only have to vote once a month, which of course has our alliance preparing a strategy to use the Political Lobbyist wonder to ensure our candidate  gets enough votes to properly perform his duties.

However that’s not the case, our candidate now has 26 votes and it appears since we DO vote twice a month with our old vote carrying over the above strategy unnecessary?

“The top five senate positions will hold a position of great prestige within your team. Elected senators are responsible for voting on senate proposals, managing trade and foreign aid sanctions, and issuing team messages. Senate elections reset every 30 days and the top 5 nations with the most votes after the reset will hold office for 30 days. The next senate election reset is scheduled for 8/12/2014.”

I want to wrap my head around this, according to the above once the reset takes place our candidate White Rhinos will hold a Senate Seat from 8/12/2014 -9/12/2014 for this election cycle?

The reason I’m asking beside that fact I want to know how all this all works, we have some members asking could they hold a Senate Seat for the III Percent, personally I could care less but some people consider that so called prestige a game goal .,. .. yea .....  ok whatever

So for the sake of argument, White Rhino’s gets our votes this cycle, then on the 12th the Senate reset takes place however this time we throw our support to Octavion and once elected his term starts 9/12/2014 ?

I was under the impression this was instantaneous, whoever has the votes this cycle is the reigning Senator

Each nation still gets to vote twice per month.  The top 5 nations in the current voting cycle will become senators for the next voting cycle.  They are locked in senators - regardless of what's happening in the new vote - until the end of the next voting cycle.

Thank you gopherbashi, I get it ..

Now I know this isn't the place, however if I say this here I wont get bum rushed in the bunker or FB * knock knock * Octavion you there ?

There is no way, let me say that again NO WAY I help you garnish a Senate Seat while your on vacation in Paris the month of Sept, drinking wine, fondling loose women and god  knows what else while the rest of us geeks punch away at our keyboards and calculators ensuring the people of Tiberia prosper.

See me when you get back :P

Edited by Freelancer

Lavish vacations, booze, loose women, general debauchery... I thought that's what being a politician was all about! I wouldn't use the term fondling though... Too tame for my tastes. :awesome:

Senate seat or not, the people of Tiberia are happy enough with all of our... Well, maybe that's best left to the imagination... :smug: