Skirmish Round

Basically a no holds barred round maybe 2 weeks long where AA's can not be larger then 3 members, and each nation starts with something like 10 mil, 2000 infra, 300 tech, 500 land, the appropriate number of soldiers, tanks, planes, and ships, and a built economy. Trades are removed, and aid is allowed within AA only. The strongest AA in the end wins. With the three nations inside it getting 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, based on NS.

I like the concept.  I suggest same starting build, but no restrictions on AA stuff or trades.  Make it a round with no nukes.  When your nation is put into anarchy or drops below 1K infra it freezes and you are eliminated.  Round is 60 days max.  Last three standing win (Order of win is based on who knocks out the most people with final NS as the tiebreaker) or the three with the most knockouts at the end of 60 days wins.  Other wins include:

Most knockouts

Most casualties

I like the initial idea. I would completely eliminate alliances though and make it an individual fight. 

I like the concept.  I suggest same starting build, but no restrictions on AA stuff or trades.  Make it a round with no nukes.  When your nation is put into anarchy or drops below 1K infra it freezes and you are eliminated.  Round is 60 days max.  Last three standing win (Order of win is based on who knocks out the most people with final NS as the tiebreaker) or the three with the most knockouts at the end of 60 days wins.  Other wins include:

Most knockouts

Most casualties

This is a good general outline. I think this could work with the usual alliances if we're eliminating trades and you include the other items you mentioned. 

oh yeah, also no restrictions on NS attack range.  Its a free for all...cue Ted Nugent

I would just say no restrictions on updeclares. Downdeclares could be pretty awful here. 

Seriously though, Admin we need this. Random rounds with radical changes would keep things interesting for the vets and bring new people to the game. Rarely do I get excited about suggestions. I am about this one.

I like the initial idea. I would completely eliminate alliances though and make it an individual fight.

The original idea was based on the war games conducted by fire squads. but since CN is a 3 war slot game, it has to be 3 man squads, rather then the RL 4.

Sounds like a good idea.  2 weeks is a good time length, because it skips the economic buildup period and jumps straight into war.  

The trade circle problem can be skirted by allowing you to choose 12 resources at the start of the round, which you are stuck with for the entire round.

The original idea was based on the war games conducted by fire squads. but since CN is a 3 war slot game, it has to be 3 man squads, rather then the RL 4.

As long as you're changing things, if you're gonna do it make it four.