The Apathy Report

GeniusInc

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're simultaneously great at pointing out the obvious and even better at missing it. I guess you did add a disclaimer that you don't really care though!

Edited by Neo Uruk

thanks for getting a new mic! By chance how many people outside of IRON do you talk to and how many are gov members <_<

e: Also you blame R&R for wanting their members to be active enough to do a tech deal?

Edited by Neo Uruk

thanks for getting a new mic! By chance how many people outside of IRON do you talk to and how many are gov members <_<

e: Also you blame R&R for wanting their members to be active enough to do a tech deal?

To be fair, he never claimed to know anything :P

To be fair, he never claimed to know anything :P

I know, his perspective just seems odd to me. I don't really understand why this being a game should cancel out alliances wanting their players to grip the basics of it before getting to see potentially OPSEC information. Edited by Neo Uruk

In regards to stagnation of the game, I really think that what needs to happen, is that new alliances need to be made, because that was one of the things that really made CN fun in the beginning, and by new alliances, I mean alliances made by new players, with little guidance by the bigger powers. If new alliances were to rise up, it could help to more diversify the world and make it more interesting.

In regards to stagnation of the game, I really think that what needs to happen, is that new alliances need to be made, because that was one of the things that really made CN fun in the beginning, and by new alliances, I mean alliances made by new players, with little guidance by the bigger powers. If new alliances were to rise up, it could help to more diversify the world and make it more interesting.

New players leading alliances will lead to crazy inane bullshit. I like the idea of crazy inane bullshit, but it has to be controlled crazy inane bullshit.

Also, imo we need to get to a higher player count before preaching for more alliances. I understand that it will happen because there isn't an alliance fit for everyone, but that doesn't mean very few alliances having over 150 members is a good thing. When it comes to casual players, activity breeds activity. For that to happen, you need a large memberbase. People like me can find ways to entertain themselves in downtime or just take a break and come back when they feel like it. A newer player is going to need several people to guide him, show him how to do any work needed/asked of them, and generally teach them how to be gov on any level. This game isn't hard, but you need people there to teach you the cultural norms and effective ways to climb the ranks.

New players leading alliances will lead to crazy inane !@#$%^&*. I like the idea of crazy inane !@#$%^&*, but it has to be controlled crazy inane !@#$%^&*.

Also, imo we need to get to a higher player count before preaching for more alliances. I understand that it will happen because there isn't an alliance fit for everyone, but that doesn't mean very few alliances having over 150 members is a good thing. When it comes to casual players, activity breeds activity. For that to happen, you need a large memberbase. People like me can find ways to entertain themselves in downtime or just take a break and come back when they feel like it. A newer player is going to need several people to guide him, show him how to do any work needed/asked of them, and generally teach them how to be gov on any level. This game isn't hard, but you need people there to teach you the cultural norms and effective ways to climb the ranks.

I understand what you are saying, Activity in early CN was from communities who found CN and collectively said 'Let's try out this game' What I'm saying is, that there's no new alliances that ever reach 'success' because of the fact that those new alliances didn't know how to play the game, really, right now in this era, I would say is one of the hardest points ever in CN to make a new alliance

And that's because what matters in this game is connections. Older players have them to build an alliance/FA policy with. New players will be stuck until they can make enough friends to be safe on their own.

For example, I or Mogar could start a one-man AA and still have some relevance.

Edited by Neo Uruk