[Pick a Number Game] Round 2 <$$Free Money Giveaway$$>

Sephiroth

You're assuming that nobody picks the same number twice, which isn't certain, as the available numbers aren't removed from circulation and I can't see many people checking the numbers to see if their number has been selected before.
Doesn't matter though, because I assumed the same thing, for simplicities sake, though I did make the mistake of assuming you had three numbers there, rather than just one, so the actual number who would need to guess, before the chance one of them was right reached 50% is 499

Hereno has a good point here, though.

Edit:
I'd suggest letting people guess more than once; I doubt you'll get 100 people guessing, let alone the numbers probality says you need. Maybe let them guess once every 24 hours?

It won't be until 6/1 my aid slots expire from the last one, so there is still time before I can send out the aid for this round anyways. I also want everyone who plays to have a fair shot, so everybody can only pick up to one number. However even if nobody guesses the number, the top 3 closest still get paid. Although there is no point ending the contest sooner than my aid slots open, but if nobody has got it by 6/1 i'll probably end the contest and declare the winners, That was my intention last time if nobody was able to guess it, but seeing someone guess it was a pleasant surprise. If its hard to guess, that just means the contest can last long enough for my slots to clear from sending out the prizes for last time. The way it is now I think maximizes how many can have chance to participate and possibly win.

Also I don't think knowing exactly how it will always end would make it anymore interesting.

Edited by Methrage

You're assuming that nobody picks the same number twice, which isn't certain, as the available numbers aren't removed from circulation and I can't see many people checking the numbers to see if their number has been selected before.
Doesn't matter though, because I assumed the same thing, for simplicities sake, though I did make the mistake of assuming you had three numbers there, rather than just one, so the actual number who would need to guess, before the chance one of them was right reached 50% is 499

Hereno has a good point here, though.

Edit:
I'd suggest letting people guess more than once; I doubt you'll get 100 people guessing, let alone the numbers probality says you need. Maybe let them guess once every 24 hours?

I don't get why this game upsets you so much

I don't get why this game upsets you so much

You're not suppose to post more than once before the contest or your vote can be disqualified."You're disqualified if you edit your post or post more than once before the contest is over."

Since I don't want to disqualify you, you weren't trying to cheat, and you weren't trying to hurt the contest in any way, I'm not going to disqualify you and instead I'm using this opportunity to warn/remind people playing there is a rule saying not to post more than once in the thread before the contest ends.

If your guess is the closest when the contest ends, it doesn't matter if you get disqualified first. Good luck.

Edited by Methrage

It doesn't. I'm just pointing out why it doesn't work.

It does work, people are still guessing, which is the point. If it was always found within the first few days, my slots wouldn't be able to clear fast enough to have the contest started up as fast. My slots still have a good amount of days before they clear, so if someone guessed it to fast there would be nothing to do as we wait for that.

I don't know why you keep saying it doesn't work, its been working fine so far and worked fine last time.

Nice guess, you managed to take first place right towards the end. The number was 300.

I believe 1st Place is Rotavele with the closest guess, 2nd Place is Master Hakai with the second closest guess of 250 and 3rd Place is Eumirbago with his guess of 380.

2/3 slots I'm using for the contest are open now, so I'll begin sending out the rewards for the winners. Congrats to everyone who won and good luck guessing it next time to those who participated.