Round 30

As I'm sure practically all of us are wondering - what are the rules of engagement going to be for Round 30?  Will the new wonders in SE be available in TE?  What will the round length be and will there be any changes to the game mechanics?

I've kinda seen a trend - and forgive me if I'm speculating too far here - that TE is an excellent place to beta-test some new features for SE (the Alliance Management system, Generals, etc) - me personally, I would like to see some of the ideas that have been floated in both the TE and SE suggestions tried out to see if they work... perhaps even the long-requested new resources (wishful thinking, I know).

And perhaps the question most pertinent of all - when does Round 30 begin?

As I'm sure practically all of us are wondering - what are the rules of engagement going to be for Round 30?  Will the new wonders in SE be available in TE?  What will the round length be and will there be any changes to the game mechanics?

I've kinda seen a trend - and forgive me if I'm speculating too far here - that TE is an excellent place to beta-test some new features for SE (the Alliance Management system, Generals, etc) - me personally, I would like to see some of the ideas that have been floated in both the TE and SE suggestions tried out to see if they work... perhaps even the long-requested new resources (wishful thinking, I know).

And perhaps the question most pertinent of all - when does Round 30 begin?

1: I doubt it

2: Thats why TE was created actually.

3: NEVAHH

What are the new wonders in SE?

• Federal Reserve - $100,000,000 + (Nation Strength * 1,000) - Increases the number of banks that can be purchased +2. Requires Stock Market.
  • Foreign Naval Base - $200,000,000 - Allows +2 naval vessels to be purchased per day (+1 in Peace Mode) and also allows +1 naval deployment per day. Requires 20,000 infrastructure.
  • Interceptor Missile System (IMS) - $50,000,000 - Thwarts Cruise Missile Attacks, 50% of the time (removes 1 attackers CM strike chance for that day). Requires 5,000 technology and a Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI).
  • Superior Logistical Support - $80,000,000 - Provides supplies more efficiently to your nation's military. Reduces Aircraft and Naval Maintenance Cost by -10% and Tank Maintenance Cost by -5%. Increases attacking and defending ground battle strength +10%. Requires Pentagon.

You might want to bookmark the [url=http://www.cybernations.net/game_update_log.asp]SE game update log[/url], KJ. :)

I thought the 60 day round length hit the spot.

Any chance of round 30 being the same?

The 5 day peace at the start of the round was a definite winner also imo.

Did seem to curb the raids on the new nations a bit.

I don't play SE so no reason to go over there.  :P

Other than that cruise missile one, the other wonders look legit.

You should totally create an SE nation and join the Neutral Menace. :ehm:

eh, keep the SDI around, it's a part of the game for a reason.  kindof a !@#$ investment in TE, those slots really could be used for better...

the amount of luck involved with SDI is just stupid, would be so much better if it would say, block the first nuke on every given day

B-)

My last SDI wonder blocked out like 70% of those nukes... the second one up to the ninth... of 11.  It seems Techs' depending... plus some other stuff...   :frantic:  

In that case I should have been fine, I had 610 tech and my opponent only had 500.  My SDI blocked precisely 0 nukes this round.  Starting to question whether it's worth the investment or the slots.

For the round, I I thought the rules for 29 were going to carry over for 30, but I suppose not. I did like the 5 days peace rule at the start, the more start up cash, and the reduced wonder cycles. I'd be willing to have the formula changed up though, and actually wouldn't mind having more things tested out in TE.

TE does make a fantastic testing ground.  The SE suggestion box is chock-full of good ideas; perhaps it would be worthwhile to see some of these tried out in TE.  It could even boost our numbers which, sadly, continue to remain very low.

Cyber Nations Tournament Edition round 30 will begin on Wednesday April 9th.

Thanks for the update!

Any definitive word yet on:

-- Starting cash

-- Round length

-- Days without wars at round start

-- New wonders (federal reserve, ims)

-- Anything else new?

1 billion cash start up, 15 day round annnnnd tons of new wonders :|

Please do it based Admin

Rerolling would be glorious.