Round 29

Round 29  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm pleased with the turnout for Round 28 and I think a lot of people have enjoyed the 30 day round so far. Vote in the poll questions here and let me know what you want for the upcoming Round 29. Also let me know if you'd like me to change anything in the game mechanics before the start of Round 29.

I agree that one week is too long . The break  shouldn't be longer than 2-3 days (except the Christmas break).

Changes...what about fluctuating the effects from the existing improvements and Wonders (let's say, random 3 per round) and introducing a "New improvement or a Wonder of the round"? 

If people would like it, leave it as a permanent one. If not - remove it for the next round.

Starting cash may fluctuate too, just nothing extreme please.

I've been suggesting for a long time to give a mandatory or optional peace mode for new nations. Gives the newcomers some time to have a look around and not to be wiped out on the second day. Might help to retain them and boost the numbers. peace mode of 5-7 days.

Tbh, I think a new resource (or Wonders) would really get things moving. Not gonna suggest one since this isn't the place, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there :P

Also, maybe give tech a cost reduction after it drops below the max purchased (similar to the way infra and land work). Doesn't need to be 50%, but it would make the most destructive war a bit more of a competition (ie, in Rd 27 I think the there was a near 20k difference in between 1st and 2nd place)

Voted 60 days and a week, but 3 days is fine, just some small break is nice.

In terms of changes, I  really think the incentive system of most destructive war is broken, and it should be total destruction done all round.  But if your not ready to make that jump, can you please get a stat line for total damage done all round?  It can take that nice spot where it currently says "

War/Peace Preference: war.gif War is an option for ruler.

The above suggestion of cheaper tech rebuying is also pretty solid, I would suggest a 25% rebuy discount and go with that.

Also, its not an issue in TE but since general assassination is grossly overpowered in SE, you might want to try a new version of that here to test drive it. 

I also voted 60 days and immediately, but would be happy with a (pre-announced) small number of days.

I also agree with the longer initial peace mode. Give the newbies a few days to find their feet and get in with an alliance. Maybe you could repurpose the SE code to start everyone in peace mode, exactly as in SE, and give them the option to leave (but no way to return)? The increasingly crippling peace mode penalties should prevent people from using it to flagrun.

The increased Start money was great,though maybe a little too much even for a 30 day round. I think a 60 day round with 15mil would be a great round. 5 day wonder Cycles, i think 25 mil is way too much, and people learned from their mistakes, it wouldnt surprise me that if you do it again, people will turtel until day 5 when they can buy nukes and then buy a manhatten project and nukes then they can nuke on the first day they build.  i think a decreased amount of starting money but slightly increasing the daily collection amount and lowering bills slightly would allow more steady growth while still maintaining a decent size war chest

I don't know how I missed it, but the initial peace period even kicking it up to 3 days is probably a good idea.  Generals made initials raids way too important across the board to not see a mass of people who are just toeing into the TE waters get their nations destroyed to shreds.

I would be wary about making it too many days though.

Please not a repeat of round 28's length. 30 days is awful when a nuke effectively knocks you out for a quarter of the round.

also remove the ultimate luck wonder, SDI

Edited by Therm

I voted for 60 days and a two week break. 60 days because 90 can get boring, two week break because of my RL circumstances. I do think though that some break (around a week) is a good thing. Running round to round wore me down and I am sure it does the same for others. 

As for suggestions, I still think we should create an alliance crown to give more people a stake in the game and their alliance. Enshrining the alliance members that worked together to reach the mountaintop would increase activity and skill--something sorely lacking right now imo. I know I've fought for rounds to get it now, but I really think there is support behind it--even if the formula at the start is imperfect. 

This is the way I see it--if a new round started right now with 600 players, maybe 40 actually have the skills, knowledge, and activity level to "win". For the majority of those, I imagine that it has taken years to get into that position. If we expanded access to the top, instead of 40 having something to really play for you have a hundred or more. That is a fundamental shift.

I completely agree with an early peace mode. Maybe it should be automatic for everyone and last a max of 5 days. I could see a real effort by alliances again to recruit and train again as a result. 

Final thought--I was almost completely out of TE. I love this game, but I thought this round would be boring and signal the end of the game. I couldn't have been more wrong. Sometimes its just nice to have fundamental change. Despite all the nonsense about morality and grudges, the real threat facing TE is a lack of current talent across the board and almost zero effort/ability to train new players. We all start with the same resources, but there are haves and have nots whether people want to admit it or not. 

I think my two suggestions (alliance crown and early peace mode) would mitigate the threat significantly, but maybe we need rounds where the world is upside down and everyone has to rethink how to live in it. 

o/ 

Edited by King James XVIII

Who needs an SDI when you are brave and honorable. 

Not me, Bravery and Honor is what I'm all about.

A week long break between the rounds would be nice from a standpoint of getting more people organized to play. Immediate turnover tends to raise TE fatigue for me.

B-)

Admin,Sir... thank you for allowing TE to continue on! ^_^  Even though  I need to learn a Ton of things at CN,still... I have seen an improvement on my leadership skills that has been in a progressive

"mode" with each participation I inscribe myself here...!  So,thanks again! :awesome:

Sixty days...Perfect!  Take one week "Off"...!   Fifteen millions$$$ ... desirable.  Initial 'Peace Mode', a good idea...!  "The Wonder of the Tournament"... Intriguing!   Please make SDI a more effective defense ...!  "Best Alliance" of the T'ment... something to aim to ...! :ehm:  

:D  ;)  :wub:  B-)    

Since a couple of people have echoed 15m, I'm just going to say I don't like it.  It is not an even round type figure you would have a coin of (5, 10, 25).  And it is high enough that you can be rogue nukes with a MP and 5m and a big nuisance, either from teh get go or rerolling.  Better to make it take some work to be nuclear and start at 10m if increasing, not to mention that the number is much more pleasing and round.

Since a couple of people have echoed 15m, I'm just going to say I don't like it.  It is not an even round type figure you would have a coin of (5, 10, 25).  And it is high enough that you can be rogue nukes with a MP and 5m and a big nuisance, either from teh get go or rerolling.  Better to make it take some work to be nuclear and start at 10m if increasing, not to mention that the number is much more pleasing and round.

Or just do 5M? A big problem this round for me was building at random without guides, at least with 5M we all have guides to build to make the round more interesting and more even. 

Or just do 5M? A big problem this round for me was building at random without guides, at least with 5M we all have guides to build to make the round more interesting and more even. 

I like the 5m personally, but I don't mind some change.  But yeah, I should probably have italicized the if increasing it; as I don't think an increase is needed at all.

I would argue that a) your guide is extremely flawed fundamentally given past experiences and that b) a guide isn't needed once you conceptually understand what makes you big. That being said, please don't increase the startup money to 15m. This round I was able to forgo an early buildup, get an MP 3rd wonder and completely and utterly wreck everyone in my NS range.

Also (this is more directed @admin), keep in mind that the starting money and round length may influence donations for some people. a $30 donation is huge on 1m startup, worth maybe 4 days at 5m, and (to me) not even worth considering buying on a 30day/25m round.

I say keep it 5m but if increase to 10m, make MP wonder harder to get. 300 tech/2000 infra needed to purchase a MP to prevent random rogues.

Automatic 5 day peace would be good in beginning to recruit new players only if round is 60 or 90 days long. If its a 30 day long then make it 2 or 3 days in peace mode.

I voted 60 days and start right away. I like playing this game and dont want to wait. Lol

I voted for a 60 day round and make the start up fund the usual 5 mil not 25 mil otherwise alliances/rouges who cant build rush early and turn it in to a endless pound for pound slugfest while others are able to build. This strategy takes away the fun for me and also have a week off admin, you deserve it for all your hard work.

I like the idea of the start up cash being 10 million bucks for the next round.

I also like raising the requirements for getting nukes. The 200 tech and 1,000 infra that Komplex suggested above seems about right.

Not a big fan of doing mandatory peace for the first 5 days. Let each ruler decide how long they want to stay in peace mode and don't penalize people until after 5 days if you are going to let them stay in peace mode the whole round. Just my 2 cents but letting people stay in peace mode the whole round would be a very bad idea. Unless the penalty made you lose money after day 5.

Not make less money but to actually lose money.

As far as the SDI matter why not just remove the 3 satellite and 3 missile defense improvements it now requires to purchase it and instead make each one of those improvements increase your odds of blocking nukes.

Start out the SDI at 50% odds instead of 60% odds of blocking and let each satellite and missile defense up your odds say 2 % each.

Thus purchasing all 5 of each would give you a 70% chance of blocking a nuke.

If you do that it might be a good idea to bump up either the SDI price, the improvement price or even both.

imo it would be pretty sweet if you actually needed cruise missiles to block nukes. Taking 1 away from you whether you block the nuke or if it gets through.

Lower the maximum amount of cruise missiles you can have in your possession to 10 to make things even more interesting considering your opponent would still be able to steal them in a spy mission.

A 60 day round definitely gets my vote and starting the new round a day or two after this round ends would be plenty imo.

I like the idea of the start up cash being 10 million bucks for the next round.

I also like raising the requirements for getting nukes. The 200 tech and 1,000 infra that Komplex suggested above seems about right.

Not a big fan of doing mandatory peace for the first 5 days. Let each ruler decide how long they want to stay in peace mode and don't penalize people until after 5 days if you are going to let them stay in peace mode the whole round. Just my 2 cents but letting people stay in peace mode the whole round would be a very bad idea. Unless the penalty made you lose money after day 5.

Not make less money but to actually lose money.

As far as the SDI matter why not just remove the 3 satellite and 3 missile defense improvements it now requires to purchase it and instead make each one of those improvements increase your odds of blocking nukes.

Start out the SDI at 50% odds instead of 60% odds of blocking and let each satellite and missile defense up your odds say 2 % each.

Thus purchasing all 5 of each would give you a 70% chance of blocking a nuke.

If you do that it might be a good idea to bump up either the SDI price, the improvement price or even both.

imo it would be pretty sweet if you actually needed cruise missiles to block nukes. Taking 1 away from you whether you block the nuke or if it gets through.

Lower the maximum amount of cruise missiles you can have in your possession to 10 to make things even more interesting considering your opponent would still be able to steal them in a spy mission.

A 60 day round definitely gets my vote and starting the new round a day or two after this round ends would be plenty imo.

ugh, please no. less defensive wonders, more offensive wonders. MP price back down to 5m and removal of the SDI from TE please? 

ugh, please no. less defensive wonders, more offensive wonders. MP price back down to 5m and removal of the SDI from TE please? 

I like the added strategic value the SDI adds. Ill'd support the price increase though.

I am new here, so have a different perspective of things. But here are my suggestion, radical ones:

• Make joining an alliance compulsory: Simple way, users cannot enter war mode unless they are in an alliance of at least 5 members

• Alliance government: A vote will be conducted within alliance on the 3rd day of alliance creation. Players can stand for the elections in the alliance.The winner will be chosen as leader. This leader can then elect 4 high council [HC] members. Only leader and high council members can declare a war on another alliance. Individual members cannot attack another nation unless a war has been declared on their alliance. The leader can also elect officials among the players.

• Rewards: Create rewards for Leaders, high council members and officials of the top 5 alliances at the end of the round. These will be badges that will be always on display of the users (along with alliance final rank) irrespective of future rounds. This appreciates the efforts of the active members of the alliances. (as only they will be given position of HC or officials by the alliance leader)

• Better guides: I found a lack of comprehensive guides. I had to rely on the senior members to figure out simple things. Like, you cant nuke anyone for 24 hrs after war.

Will add more points if i can think of them.

Looks like we starting right away tonight and a 60 day round. Nice! :) 60 days perfect because u could have at least two offensive wars or one offensive war and a defensive war. Three wars could work in 60 days if set up right. 90 days was little bit to long.